The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Damn, BD you did not want anything to do with this thread and now your boys win one and you are all over it. You just won the Super Bowl. Stop playing fair weather dude

I am suffering the losses too. I am no fair weather fan. My friend. It will still be hard for the caps to make it. You may recall my posts a few nights ago.

He is a sack of shit and I knew he was going to be your achilles heel. Boston would be very wise to trade him. Thomas is never coming back and you have to get a franchise goalie. I would knock on Gillis's door and hope he does not slam it in your face.

It won't be Luongo but it could very well be Schneider.He's a Boston boy and if the Bruins were willing to give us something good in return, you never know what might happen

^^^ Not sure how he's doing but that could have been a career ender for him. Personally, I think all players should be wearing a visor.

Drats! I didn't think the Kings had a chance coming back from 4-1, so I went to bed. Wake up and discover I MISSED a 6-4 comeback win! :slapface:

That wont sit well with Hitchcock. I wonder who was in goal for St Louis? Elliot? I am sure he pulled the starter. Perhaps Allen? Bad thing for the Blues to allow such a comeback. Their problems continue. Just like ours. We outshoot them 40-28 and get beat 4-3. No justice. We deserved a better outcome. If we were outplayed and outskated I would say as much. But that is not the case. Carolina is lucky as hell. I will be happy when they re align the divisions. I still do not like the winner of that south division getting a 3 seed. That is just BS. Well, who would have thought the Devils would lose 6 in a row. I am sure hoping its 7 because the Sabres are there tomorrow. Its assured to be nasty as Miller raised his stick and yelled at Ziplicky or whatever his name is. He is the only offensive weapon they have outside of Kovalchuk. Broduer did not play last night so I am assumiing he will make his big return vs us tomorrow. They are desperate and I think its a certainty Broduer will play since they have lost 6 st with Hedberg. Not that its Hederg's fualt. He has not played bad. Vanek is not at 100 percent and he injured his hand during the game. He was slashed by a dirty Carolina player who got away with it of course. I hope it does not sideline him. There is a black cloud over our heads for sure

^^^ Not sure how he's doing but that could have been a career ender for him. Personally, I think all players should be wearing a visor.

totally on-side with you on that one ally....head scratcher for sure......

I dont know, I used to like it in the old days when they did not wear helmets. You knew who was who and it looked good. Hell, Bobby Orr never wore any head gear and he was not a tough guy so to speak. But its hard to imagine those goalies that did not wear the mask. Remember that? I think Jacque Plante was the first. Of course Gerry Cheevers used to put a mark on his facemask to show where he would have been nailed with the puck. He probably had a major impact on the mask being mandatory. i think The guy that played for and coached Edmonton was the last guy to not wear one. Ally will remember his name. It starts wiith an M and I just cant think of his name. Ah, Mctavish! that is it. McTavish. Am I right Ally?

I dont know, I used to like it in the old days when they did not wear helmets. You knew who was who and it looked good. Hell, Bobby Orr never wore any head gear and he was not a tough guy so to speak. But its hard to imagine those goalies that did not wear the mask. Remember that? I think Jacque Plante was the first. Of course Gerry Cheevers used to put a mark on his facemask to show where he would have been nailed with the puck. He probably had a major impact on the mask being mandatory. i think The guy that played for and coached Edmonton was the last guy to not wear one. Ally will remember his name. It starts wiith an M and I just cant think of his name. Ah, Mctavish! that is it. McTavish. Am I right Ally?

You're probably right about McTavish although for some reason, I seem to remember him wearing a helmet near the end of his playing career. I might be wrong about that though.

Since helmets were made maditory. I think it's created some problems as well as cured some. I think players tend to be a little more reckless but at the same time, I think the speed of the game is fasrter than ever before and I have to admit, I like the fact that the physical game is no longer just for the big guy's. That said, we've seen too many players suffer from major eye injuries and a lot of it has happened because of that reckless play. Too me, if I'm making a living at something, I'm going to obey all the safety rules in the hope that my career will not be shortened or ended because of a fluke mistake or the recklesness of myself or others. To me, the visor should be manditory not only for the player, but also for the people who have invested in him

Well he can kiss his arse goodbye now. For the first time this year I have thrown them into one of my parlays. ha. A sure recipe for their first loss.

:lol:

The Blackhawks lines are so deep this year,each line doesn't want to let the other line down so they all play with all they have

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1473020-chicago-blackhawks-a-look-at-their-depth-chart-for-2013-nhl-season

Sign of a great team. In terms of depth on each line, the Bruins aren't looking too shabby either.

Sign of a great team. In terms of depth on each line, the Bruins aren't looking too shabby either.

We know how to beat the Bruins, but we have to get in. Chicago still fucked me. I needed them to win by more than one. No empty netter. Better deals in hockey taking the road team.

Archived