The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Rick, seriously, I think we have all seen "them" coming over the last 10 games but, my question really is directed at the beginning of the season..... Would you have placed bets on them back then? I think there were more people talking about them eventually relocating as a franchise because they continually stunk and traded Rick Nash away....now they are world beaters....

Hey, Sabres and Montreal will be a great game tonight especially if the Sabres can carry their recent momentum form beating my Leafers and give Montreal a good test. I will be checking it out.......ciao

Tampa is getting lit up in Ottawa and that helps us. If we can win this game we can move 3 ahead of Philly and Tampa and then work on catching Carolina and even the Rangers or Leafs if we can get hot. I think that this will be a tough game. If we win we go to Florida and I like our chances there. Colombus is playing over their heads right now. Can it last? Doubt it because I just dont think they have enough talent to keep this up. I expect St Louis to get rolling. At seasons start I would say Colombus was the worst team. I was about to say its now Florida and what do you know, they beat the Rangers and someone else and now you try and figure it out? Minnesota just scored on the Sharks. I have that one on. They are playing very well are the Wild

I believe the Sabres have won 9 of their last 11 trips to Montreal. So we have had their number.

Anyone see Don Cherrys suit tonight........LOL..he is one of a kind. Rick, I'll be watching both the Sabers and Stars tonight. Rangers dont play until Sunday, so I can enjoy games all night tonight without having a knot in my stomach.

Anyone see Don Cherrys suit tonight........LOL..he is one of a kind. Rick, I'll be watching both the Sabers and Stars tonight. Rangers dont play until Sunday, so I can enjoy games all night tonight without having a knot in my stomach.

Vanek scores!!!! 2-0 after two for the Sabres!!!!!! We win this game and we are back in the race!!!!

Ole Ole Ole!!!!! :nhl_checking: :party: Sabres are back in the race baby!!!!!!

I have bet them flat and a three teamer with Dallas and St Louis. Like my chances.

Big win for both our teams tonight Rick.....and a special double thanks to Mr. Vanek who I have in my hockey pool.....

Should Rick Nash have gotten suspended for this hit... or at least a penalty of some sort......He raises his stick and elbows the other guy in the back and neck area. They can blame it on the other guy for turning his back towards Nash but he had to do so in order to take a shot......I think Shanny and for sure the refs `dropped the puck`on this one......any other thoughts

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/22/video-rangers-nash-did-not-target-kopeckys-head/related/

Should Rick Nash have gotten suspended for this hit... or at least a penalty of some sort......He raises his stick and elbows the other guy in the back and neck area. They can blame it on the other guy for turning his back towards Nash but he had to do so in order to take a shot......I think Shanny and for sure the refs `dropped the puck`on this one......any other thoughts

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/22/video-rangers-nash-did-not-target-kopeckys-head/related/

When I saw it happen, I thought it looked very awkward and the thought of shanny looking at it did occur to me right away. But looking at the replay, he didn't leave his feet untill after contact, and that was to try to avoid the collision in my opinion. The hit was to his back and not the head. I dont think there will be a suspention handed out.

When I saw it happen, I thought it looked very awkward and the thought of shanny looking at it did occur to me right away. But looking at the replay, he didn't leave his feet untill after contact, and that was to try to avoid the collision in my opinion. The hit was to his back and not the head. I dont think there will be a suspention handed out.

you are right, there was no suspension....still, it looks like some sort of penalty, but maybe not .....the game is so quick nowadays....

you are right, there was no suspension....still, it looks like some sort of penalty, but maybe not .....the game is so quick nowadays....

" Earlier in the day, the league’s disciplinarian, Brendan Shanahan, called the Nash hit “rotten” but that it was not enough for a suspension." A quote from that NBC Sports link.....I disagree, I don't thik it was done deliberately at all.

If Washington wins in NY tonight, and I think they may, I think Tortorella could be in trouble. My Sabres are right back in this thing. 3 pts ahead of Flyers and Tampa. Only two pts out of a playoff. I still believe only one team will come from the South and it could very well be Washington? Winnipeg is crumbling and so is Carolina as they have no Ward and 3 defensemen out. We go to Florida and I expect us to return with a 5 game winning streak. If so we have started the move. I just wonder what moves will be made? I am still for unloading Regehr. He has cost us dearly even though he has played well the last few. I just dont know if you can keep him? Maybe. He is a big stay home type but he killed Miller early in the season on lazy plays. Vanek scored and if he gets hot again that is what we need. Nice win for the Canucks in LA. Credit to their goalie for that one. I expect the Ducks to get some revenge on Detroit tonight. And Ill stick with the Blues at Calgary.

I wonder why I hear all this talk of Dallas dealing Roy? He has come through. Why would they trade him?

I totally agree, at this point the allstar team that Glen Sather has assembled should be playing for torts job.

I'm not sure with Sather's surgery if they will let torts go now, or wait for seasons end.

The commisioner may let him go if he doesn't watch his after game antics. There is some justice in their underachieving season at least. And the Flyers are getting theirs too. My boys are comin!!!!

I've got the Washington broadcast on insted of MSG, I like Sam and Joe, but these guys on th and e Caps feed are first class. Joe Beninati and Craig Laughlin.

I would not want to be in that locker room. I am getting sick of these 3 point games. And I will tell you why. Teams get to the under 5 minute mark of the game and then its New Jersey Devil hockey on both ends. Get the point, just play safe and keep ragging the puck to center ice, keep four guys back. The league created this with the shootout. If the OT period was longer you would see teams trying like hell to score instead of playing safe, especially if they must play a game the next night. Even if they extended the OT to 10 minutes. I think that is the solution. Make the OT 10 minutes. Watching the Blues outskate, outshoot and outplay Calgary. Just hit the post. Total domination on the ice and they are still down 2-1. I say the Blues will find a way. They are far superior to Calgary. The Ducks finally scored. I am hoping they come out and smoke the Red Wings in the 3rd. Tampa is losing and I have no idea who is coaching? Most likely the assistant? Their head coach got the news that he was fired hours before the game. My Sabres are in Tampa Tues night and who knows who the coach may be? Wouldnt it be something if they hired Lindy Ruff? Imagine that. Unlikely but who knows

BLUES TIE IT!!!!!

Minnesota network says they believe Lindy Ruff turned down the Tampa job and is going go wait for summer when more jobs open and I hear he may be interested in San Jose. I am sure he does not want to go against the Sabres any more than he must

Archived