The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

I do not get that one? What the hell is Dallas up to? And why in their right minds would they want to deal Roy as well as he is playing? They are still in the race for Gods sake. And so are we. Tonight we have another big one and they will have two assistants coaching until Cooper arrives on Friday. I heard on Minny TV they think Lindy Ruff turned this job down? And is holding out for summer openings and has San Jose on his radar. As for Rolston, just keep winning fella. I have bunch of cabbage riding on tonights game. I see no reason we do not come out of their with their heads. We have won I think they said 17 of 21 there. The Sabres are catching them at a good time. The Rangers and Philly game should be nasty.

Yo Fishsticks. I threw in the towel and bet the Leafs tonight. And hammered the Sabres playing in Tampa where they have owned them and are playing vs a team not only in disarray but with two assistants running the show until Friday. The Sabres have won 12 of 15 at the Tampa Times Forum. Not too shabby. I would say tonight its simply incredible that Vegas put the Lightning on the board as favorites? How can that be? I got the Sabres at a +120. Mild underdog but shocking they can be a dog when Miller is 12-3 there!!!! Money down

Yo Fishsticks. I threw in the towel and bet the Leafs tonight. And hammered the Sabres playing in Tampa where they have owned them and are playing vs a team not only in disarray but with two assistants running the show until Friday. The Sabres have won 12 of 15 at the Tampa Times Forum. Not too shabby. I would say tonight its simply incredible that Vegas put the Lightning on the board as favorites? How can that be? I got the Sabres at a +120. Mild underdog but shocking they can be a dog when Miller is 12-3 there!!!! Money down

Rick, we won;t let you down. Big win by the Leafers for sure tonight! After tonight maybe you will even get a Leaf Jersey to wear around in Buffalo!?

Further, I think with Brendan Morrow, and now Doug Murray, picked up by the Penghinnis, they may have just got a guaranteed ride to the Stanley Cup final as long as they all stay healthy...

Rick, we won;t let you down. Big win by the Leafers for sure tonight! After tonight maybe you will even get a Leaf Jersey to wear around in Buffalo!?

Further, I think with Brendan Morrow, and now Doug Murray, picked up by the Penghinnis, they may have just got a guaranteed ride to the Stanley Cup final as long as they all stay healthy...

Dont count the Sabres out just yet. I am saying this now. We will win tonight and that will be 4 straight We will land that 8 seed if not the 7.

Flyers suck

They now are without Briere teh little shit. Stop Gireax and you can beat them. Their goaltending is sispect.

Tampa has alot of problems. We need to exploit them, and beat them. Every game is huge. Florida has scored and I am hoping they can pull the upset. But I am realistically going after Carolina and New Jersey

Fresh Fish, we are both losing to chump teams. Only 1-0 and I expect fucking results. Porter should be a fucking Porter and on the next bus back to Rochester. Hits the post. We start the second with a power play and I had better see results

What ever happened to that guy that used to post "the Rangers suck"? That is all he ever posted. I mean, it really got stale. Can't remember who did it?

Islander fan I think, ledzep66 or zeplives66 something like that. Haven't seen him around in a long time.

good win tonight.

Fresh Fish, we are both losing to chump teams. Only 1-0 and I expect fucking results. Porter should be a fucking Porter and on the next bus back to Rochester. Hits the post. We start the second with a power play and I had better see results

Ok, my Leafers came through for you Rick......what was the outcome of the Sabres game? I will go to NHL.com later....ciao

Ok, my Leafers came through for you Rick......what was the outcome of the Sabres game? I will go to NHL.com later....ciao

Lost 2-1. They played good enough at the end but it was too late. Bullshit game against a team we should have demolished. Regier has a blank check and Pegula's name on it and he has not done a fucking things to help us. fire the bastard now I say

Speaking of streaks, how about Pittsburgh's 13 wins in a row? Can they get to the record of 17...also set by the Penguins of the Lemieux-Jagr era? It might be up to Rick's Sabres to stop them.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/afp/130327/nhl-streaking-penguins-close-win-streak-record

I always consider wins better than ties, so a consecutive winning streak is more impressive than a consecutive point streak, which is what Chicago did earlier. Not that Chicago's wasn't great, but wins>ties.

LA Kings were at the White House in honour of their Stanley Cup. The problem is, so were the LA Galaxy for their MLS Cup. My question for the forum hockey nuts: Is having to share the White House stage with soccer a slap in the face to hockey? Actually, is it a slap in the face to both sports?

You never see the football or baseball teams having to share the spotlight.

The puck is about to drop at the Boston Garden as I still call it between two of the original 6 NHL teams the Bruins and Canadiens ...its going to be one hell of a game as they are both vying for Northeast Division supremacy. this rivalry goes way back and there is no love loss between these two. there will be blood.

163047190.jpg

Speaking of streaks, how about Pittsburgh's 13 wins in a row? Can they get to the record of 17...also set by the Penguins of the Lemieux-Jagr era? It might be up to Rick's Sabres to stop them.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/afp/130327/nhl-streaking-penguins-close-win-streak-record

I always consider wins better than ties, so a consecutive winning streak is more impressive than a consecutive point streak, which is what Chicago did earlier. Not that Chicago's wasn't great, but wins>ties.

LA Kings were at the White House in honour of their Stanley Cup. The problem is, so were the LA Galaxy for their MLS Cup. My question for the forum hockey nuts: Is having to share the White House stage with soccer a slap in the face to hockey? Actually, is it a slap in the face to both sports?

You never see the football or baseball teams having to share the spotlight.

Hey Strider, good question. I think us hockey nuts are just happy to see the game (via Stanley Cup winners) acknowledged by any President.

As a die hard fan, it does not really affect me, but if someone in the States takes notice of the game by the POTUS' acknowledgement, or, maybe takes a longer look at a game on tv next time because President Obama was seen accepting a jersey then I am happy about that.

I grew up playing hockey and loved it and love watching it. Yeah, I am a little more biased for sure when it comes to hockey with regards to where it sits with all the other sports. So sharing the stage with a soccer team doesn't really bug me too much.

Some of us here in Canada can sometimes be heard to say that we wished more Americans would fall in love with the game and actually play it. But then again, we should be careful what we wish for. America has produced some amazing players and continues to do so. You guys could easily become "World Dominators" in hocky if you really wanted too...

Hey Strider, good question. I think us hockey nuts are just happy to see the game (via Stanley Cup winners) acknowledged by any President.

As a die hard fan, it does not really affect me, but if someone in the States takes notice of the game by the POTUS' acknowledgement, or, maybe takes a longer look at a game on tv next time because President Obama was seen accepting a jersey then I am happy about that.

I grew up playing hockey and loved it and love watching it. Yeah, I am a little more biased for sure when it comes to hockey with regards to where it sits with all the other sports. So sharing the stage with a soccer team doesn't really bug me too much.

Some of us here in Canada can sometimes be heard to say that we wished more Americans would fall in love with the game and actually play it. But then again, we should be careful what we wish for. America has produced some amazing players and continues to do so. You guys could easily become "World Dominators" in hocky if you really wanted too...

If we ever catch Canada in hockey, which I say we will not, it will only be because of population in general. You have more facilities and its more of a culture as here you have baseball, football and basketball all posing competittion. I love hockey. My favorite. I like all the major sports but If i have to chose one for watching its hockey. Obama is clueless about hockey. I mean, as far as the history and all. I wonder if he even knows the rules?

If we ever catch Canada in hockey, which I say we will not, it will only be because of population in general. You have more facilities and its more of a culture as here you have baseball, football and basketball all posing competittion. I love hockey. My favorite. I like all the major sports but If i have to chose one for watching its hockey. Obama is clueless about hockey. I mean, as far as the history and all. I wonder if he even knows the rules?

Rick here is a good article that you may find interesting. If this trend continues for the next 10-20 years, America will be dominating big time.

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=631233

Archived