The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Any prediction Rick?

I "heard" Boston possibly.....

They keep saying Boston but I just dont see it. I am not sure the teams on his wish list will really want him. Four teams he mentioned. I have to go to NHL.com to see who. I think San Jose would take a shot. But I dont know if they were on his list? Who the fuck does he think he is? He would be crazy to not want to escape a team that has no chance any time soon.

They keep saying Boston but I just dont see it. I am not sure the teams on his wish list will really want him. Four teams he mentioned. I have to go to NHL.com to see who. I think San Jose would take a shot. But I dont know if they were on his list? Who the fuck does he think he is? He would be crazy to not want to escape a team that has no chance any time soon.

Hey Rick, Aaron Ward (TSN) just confirmed he has been traded to Boston

Holy Crapola!....TSN and Aaron Ward specifically, lays a turd big time on tv re: Iggy to Boston deal confirmation....

Iggy goes to Pittsburgh!!!!!!.........Look for Pitt to win the cup now with the latest three acquisitions....

Holy Crapola!....TSN and Aaron Ward specifically, lays a turd big time on tv re: Iggy to Boston deal confirmation....

Iggy goes to Pittsburgh!!!!!!.........Look for Pitt to win the cup now with the latest three acquisitions....

Saw that. Scared to death about a rumour of Miller going to Tampa. No way

Iginla at his age in himself does not put them over the top. In fact i am a bit surprised Pittsburgh wanted him? For what? To have a guy on the PP with Sid and Malkin to take one timers on cross ice pass's, the only damn thing he is good for now? Pittsburgh gave up an unconditional first round pick. Not that that is a big deal considering where they will most likely finish. A Pittsburgh vs Chicago final would be fun to watch. Probably alot of 7-6 games. Right now the East looks to me like it belongs to Pittsburgh. The West, Chicago has to be the favorite. LA is still good but I just do not think Quick is going to stand on his head two years in a row. And they do not have the firepower Chicago has. Vancouver is a mystery in all of this. A deadline deal is crucial for them. I know they would love to have Steve Ott. But I dont want to see him leave. Miller is all but holding up a sign saying trade me with his latest bullshit effort. 3 times we blow the lead in Florida and every fucking time I saw number 24 out there. Robyn Regehr. The biggest waste of a defenseman I have ever seen in a Sabres uniform. Darcy, cant you fucking see it? I know this moron behind the bench cant.

Iginla at his age in himself does not put them over the top. In fact i am a bit surprised Pittsburgh wanted him? For what? To have a guy on the PP with Sid and Malkin to take one timers on cross ice pass's, the only damn thing he is good for now? Pittsburgh gave up an unconditional first round pick. Not that that is a big deal considering where they will most likely finish. A Pittsburgh vs Chicago final would be fun to watch. Probably alot of 7-6 games. Right now the East looks to me like it belongs to Pittsburgh. The West, Chicago has to be the favorite. LA is still good but I just do not think Quick is going to stand on his head two years in a row. And they do not have the firepower Chicago has. Vancouver is a mystery in all of this. A deadline deal is crucial for them. I know they would love to have Steve Ott. But I dont want to see him leave. Miller is all but holding up a sign saying trade me with his latest bullshit effort. 3 times we blow the lead in Florida and every fucking time I saw number 24 out there. Robyn Regehr. The biggest waste of a defenseman I have ever seen in a Sabres uniform. Darcy, cant you fucking see it? I know this moron behind the bench cant.

Iginla will definitely help the Pens but thought a move to Boston would have suited him better. Not sure we'll ever know what it was that really broke the deal in Pittsburgh's favour but hey, better the Bruins know up front as opposed to getting a player who doesn't want to be there and there are still plenty of players out there who could help them just as much. A rumour circling around Vancouver is that we 're interested in making a deal to get Milan Hedjuk from Colorado. The big rumour though is that the Leafs and Canucks are again in talks over Luongo as we speak. Gardiner and or Bozak being the names being thrown around. My feeling is that a trade involving the two clubs would more likely be a multi player deal with another one or two players from each team making the switch.

Iginla will definitely help the Pens but thought a move to Boston would have suited him better. Not sure we'll ever know what it was that really broke the deal in Pittsburgh's favour but hey, better the Bruins know up front as opposed to getting a player who doesn't want to be there and there are still plenty of players out there who could help them just as much. A rumour circling around Vancouver is that we 're interested in making a deal to get Milan Hedjuk from Colorado. The big rumour though is that the Leafs and Canucks are again in talks over Luongo as we speak. Gardiner and or Bozak being the names being thrown around. My feeling is that a trade involving the two clubs would more likely be a multi player deal with another one or two players from each team making the switch.

Expect all hell to break loose by mid week. Great to see you back. Hope you are not over doing it Ally. I am sure you are. Make sure you have that brace on. :poke:

Hey ally, good to see ya. Hope you are on a speedy road to total recovery......as for the trade rumours involving Van and Tor, we're hearing them here on Toronto radio/tv for what it is worth. Gardiner was a healthy scratch. I really like Bozak and on a really good team he would be an awesome third line centre and very good second line centre. He is not a first line centre....yet........going to be interesting to see. The Leafs have some decisions to make due to their improved play and position...Have to be real and look at Pitt and Boston but that is ok. We're jus happy that they are playing better hockey now and not looking like a Junior C team anymore....cheers and please join our Masters pool over in the "Golf Talk thread if you are so inclined.....

Hey ally, good to see ya. Hope you are on a speedy road to total recovery......as for the trade rumours involving Van and Tor, we're hearing them here on Toronto radio/tv for what it is worth. Gardiner was a healthy scratch. I really like Bozak and on a really good team he would be an awesome third line centre and very good second line centre. He is not a first line centre....yet........going to be interesting to see. The Leafs have some decisions to make due to their improved play and position...Have to be real and look at Pitt and Boston but that is ok. We're jus happy that they are playing better hockey now and not looking like a Junior C team anymore....cheers and please join our Masters pool over in the "Golf Talk thread if you are so inclined.....

Thank you Fishhead. :beer:

There was also some talk of us wanting one or two right shot d'men but I'm not sure if Gardiner is a right hand shot. If he is, then him being a healthy scratch becomes all the more interesting. Kadri is playing too good to let go of now so Bozak makes sense given our problems at centre . I like what I've seen of the kid and really like the fact that he's a feisty character which, is something else we could do with too. Can't see us getting both for just Luongo so there has to be someone else in the mix. Maybe Edler or Ballard

Thank you Fishhead. :beer:

There was also some talk of us wanting one or two right shot d'men but I'm not sure if Gardiner is a right hand shot. If he is, then him being a healthy scratch becomes all the more interesting. Kadri is playing too good to let go of now so Bozak makes sense given our problems at centre . I like what I've seen of the kid and really like the fact that he's a feisty character which, is something else we could do with too. Can't see us getting both for just Luongo so there has to be someone else in the mix. Maybe Edler or Ballard

Get off that computer and back in bed! :lol: I expect all hell to break loose by Sunday. I can't wait to see if Pegula allows Darcy to make the moves or fires him before the deadline? Why would you let a guy that is hanging by a thread make such decisions if he is to be fired at seasons end? To me Regehr has almost single handidly done us in. That fucker is terrible.

Get off that computer and back in bed! :lol: I expect all hell to break loose by Sunday. I can't wait to see if Pegula allows Darcy to make the moves or fires him before the deadline? Why would you let a guy that is hanging by a thread make such decisions if he is to be fired at seasons end? To me Regehr has almost single handidly done us in. That fucker is terrible.

I just woke up from and afternoon snooze but I'm feeling just as tired as I did so, I think I'll go back for some more :lol: . I think there'll be a lot of deals done too . Hoping the Luongo thing gets done 1) just because I'm tired of the story and 2) he's too good a goaltender not to be the number 1 guy somewhere.

Welcome back Ally!

Jagr going for his 1000th assist tonight, and the Ducks going for a season series sweep vs the Hawks.

:wave: That Hawks / Ducks game should be a great one !

:wave: That Hawks / Ducks game should be a great one !

It turned out to be a stinker. The Hawks were bad and the Ducks played New Jersey Devil trap hockey.

I must add they are correct to address the goalie equipment. The goalie pads are too large. Its simply impossible to score on some plays and the goalies have used them to their advantage. Its not fair to those that once played this game without those huge pads. Maker them smaller and make them earn their saves.

Great to see you back Ally! Take it slow...

Thanks man, the plan is to do just that :wave:

Rick, I totally agree about the size of the goaltender pads.The NHL has been through this before re Patrick Roy and if you remember, after the last lock out, it was a significant rule change. Unfortunately, it appears that along with other significant rule changes that were introduced at the same time ie clutching and grabbing, they all seem to have been lost to translation

Couple of other names popping up on the trade radar are Brad Boyle and Ryan Clowe from the San Jose Sharks. Imho, both would be welcome additions to any club and in the Canucks case, Boyle in particular. He's getting on in age a bit but still has what it takes as a solid D'man and a power play point man. Clowe, has failed to find the net this season but his track record over the last 3 seasons is a good one. He's big, strong , scrappy and, young. Definitely a player worth taking a chance on and I hope the Canucks are seriously looking at both he and Boyle.

Thanks man, the plan is to do just that :wave:

Rick, I totally agree about the size of the goaltender pads.The NHL has been through this before re Patrick Roy and if you remember, after the last lock out, it was a significant rule change. Unfortunately, it appears that along with other significant rule changes that were introduced at the same time ie clutching and grabbing, they all seem to have been lost to translation

Trades coming down. Hey Zepscoda, by nights end your boys may be sellers!!! LOL

Good riddens Leopold. Sabres trade him to St Louis for ;picks. Miller and Vanek are not in lineup tonight. I am a bit scared about that. I hope they do not trade Vanek. 1-0 as I type. Good guys

Miller and Vanek not being in the line up is significant ! Good move getting rid of Leopold for picks though

Archived