The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Well you can see tonight what the Sabres have done all year. 40 seconds from victory and they let the Caps tie it. Stick it up my ass sideways with no vasoline. At least one culpit is gone. Leopold. He can score from the point and perhaps only Surray and Erhoff are better at scoring from the point as D Men. But as far as playing defense? He knows how to sit on the blue line and watch. I am wondering if we should give up on Myers? It could come back to haunt us though? So get rid of Regehr ASAP. Get rid of Weber. I would keep Sulzer who is out for the season having surgery. Keep Sekera unless we get a good offer. He is good but has been injured much of the year. But he does not make the stupid mistakes and he can clear the zone. Alll hell should break loose in light of another give away loss. I dont know who is more disappointed us or the Strangers? I think the Rangers. They had high expectations. They landed the big Marlin Nash. Torts is toast. He can get behind Lindy in line. I think Lindy is in higher demand than him. The Sharks will probably not rehire Mclellan and word is Lindy would like to take the San Jose job. God bless him if he does.

Fucking Vancouver. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fucking Vancouver. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

LOL ! Maybe I should have just stayed in hospital :lol: . . Same stuff that's been killing us all season Rick. Changes definitely need to be made

Sean Avery tweeded this last night:

Fire this CLOWN, his players hate him and wont play for his BS.... @imseanavery is #winning

Puck Daddy link :

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/sean-avery-ny-rangers-fire-clown-023028254--nhl.html

I'm the last person who finds any credibility in anything Sean Avery has to say but he's stating the obvious here. As I've said before, anytime your coach is the first star of the game, you have to know that the players aren't happy about it. Still, I think a finger needs to be pointed in Sather's direction too. The Nash deal was a crazy one to get into. Especially when it meant that guy's like Prust who are so valuable to every team, could not be resigned.

Sean Avery tweeded this last night:

Fire this CLOWN, his players hate him and wont play for his BS.... @imseanavery is #winning

Puck Daddy link :

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/sean-avery-ny-rangers-fire-clown-023028254--nhl.html

It's funny, if I didn't know this tweet was from Sean Avery, i would think it was about Sean Avery.

Did he send this from a modelling shoot? lol.....what a maroon!

Makes me wonder if it's true. Torts did kick him off the Rangers, so he has a bone to pick with him. But maybe he's right, it certainly looks that way on the ice. I like torts, but I think he has lost this team. Ally makes a good point, the coach can't be the star of the team.

Captain Callahan responds to Avery :

"Sean Avery's comments solely represent his own thoughts and opinions," said Callahan in a statement released by the team. "He did not speak for us as a team when he was here and certainly does not now."

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/3/31/4167388/sean-avery-tweet-john-tortorella-ryan-callahan

The Bruins look to rebound after that pitiful loss yestetday and who better than those pesky Sabres to rebound...

Without Vanek I have my strong doubts. But know this. Buffalo owns them. Miller is 16-2 vs Boston in regular season.

1-0 works for me...

Are you hearing any trade rumours involving the Bruins ? I have a strong feeling they'll be very interested in trying to land Ryan Clowe from the Sharks.

Question for Fishy ... Do you think that the Leafs would be interested in making a deal for Cory Schneider instead of Roberto Luongo ? I ask because in terms of another team taking on the length of Luongo;s contract, it almost seems a no go. From my point of view, if he wants to remain in Vancouver, it just makes more sense to me that the Canucks trade Schneider and keep Luongo and remove the stumbling block of his contract being moved altogether. From a Canucks fan point of view, I happen to believe we'd find it, as would any team, very difficult to find a better goaltender for the 5.3 million we're paying Roberto . I'd rather get something worthwhile in return for Schneider now as I expect Luongo still has many good years ahead of him

Question for Fishy ... Do you think that the Leafs would be interested in making a deal for Cory Schneider instead of Roberto Luongo ? I ask because in terms of another team taking on the length of Luongo;s contract, it almost seems a no go. From my point of view, if he wants to remain in Vancouver, it just makes more sense to me that the Canucks trade Schneider and keep Luongo and remove the stumbling block of his contract being moved altogether. From a Canucks fan point of view, I happen to believe we'd find it, as would any team, very difficult to find a better goaltender for the 5.3 million we're paying Roberto . I'd rather get something worthwhile in return for Schneider now as I expect Luongo still has many good years ahead of him

Hmmmmmm?...nothing against Schneider but I think the Leafs will want to run the year and hopefully play-offs with Reimer to see what they have for sure.

Reimer's high-glove hand is suspect (shoot out proof) but the rest of his game is not too too bad. I think they are realistic enough to know that even with a Schneider it may not be enough to beat the Pens/Bruins but never say never. If Schneider is a "Nonis-guy" you may be on to something, but I am not sure who brought Cory into the Vancouver fold?

Archived