Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
wanna be drummer

The NHL Thread

Hmmmmmm?...nothing against Schneider but I think the Leafs will want to run the year and hopefully play-offs with Reimer to see what they have for sure.

Reimer's high-glove hand is suspect (shoot out proof) but the rest of his game is not too too bad. I think they are realistic enough to know that even with a Schneider it may not be enough to beat the Pens/Bruins but never say never. If Schneider is a "Nonis-guy" you may be on to something, but I am not sure who brought Cory into the Vancouver fold?

Yeah, I suppose it's really a matter of how far into the playoffs the Leafs expect to go. I just can't see why we're fussing over Luongo's contract and appear to be so willing to move him for almost nothing. I'd move Schneider in a heartbeat before I'd move Luongo especially since we've got him locked up for so long at what I believe to be the relatively bargain price of 5.3 mil/ season and a descending yearly cap hit as well. Schneider. albeit on a shorter term contract, has a higher cap hit of 5.8 mil/ season and will no doubt want to renegotiate more than that in 4yrs time. Like I said, from a Canucks point of view, as long as he wants to be here, I think keeping Luongo is really, a no brainer

This strike shortened season will assure the Leafs their first playoff birth since, well I cant remember myself, other than the 99 Eastern Conference final. I would not get too carried away thinking they are really what their record is. i have strong doubts as to whether they will be a playoff caliber team when things return to normal, an 82 game schedule and the dust settles. Pittsburgh is going to the finals and nobody will stop them. The Rangers have to be the biggest disappointment of the year. With the money spent and getting Nash and all. The Flyers also are a huge bust and so are my Sabres with Lindy losing his job. I am waiting to see what the next 72 hours bring? Does Darcy Regier stay? Why would Pegula let him make huge decisions on this team if he plans to fire him? So he either has the order to leave things alone, and in other words wait for the axe to fall on him, or they will pull offf a blockbuster trade. But does that save his job? In Vancouver I would think the expectations had to be the finals. To back in or not make it will certainly cost Vignault his job,. Somebody will have Ron Wilson behind the bench next year if he wish's to coach. Why wouldnt he? I would take him. This Rolston fellow? His future most likely lays with Darcy. If Darcy goes, he goes. They may let him simply finish out the miserable season. One that I never saw coming. I am disgusted to say the least. Regehr to me is onen of the big problems.. He did not come through and is a goner because he has no contract either. Thank God for that. I dont blame Sekera, he has been out injured often and has played well when in. Myers could be traded if they get a good return. Maybe they overestimated his ability. Or maybe the short season caught him off gaurd like many. I think many players did not believe there would be a season and were not ready.

Will be interesting to see if the Rangers have a knee jerk reaction and fire Torts now?

They may let him simply finish out the miserable season. One that I never saw coming. I am disgusted to say the least.

I tried to warn you...

There have been a few surprises Rick but overall, I'd say that most of the clubs who are having problems are just having the same problems they had last season . The shortened season has just given them less time to address them. To me, regardless of whether a club thinks they have a chance to go for it this year or not, they all need to look towards next season and make whatever deals they can now to put themselves into a good position ahead of the FA season and the draft. I wouldn't want to be going into the FA market needing too much if I could avoid it

There have been a few surprises Rick but overall, I'd say that most of the clubs who are having problems are just having the same problems they had last season . The shortened season has just given them less time to address them. To me, regardless of whether a club thinks they have a chance to go for it this year or not, they all need to look towards next season and make whatever deals they can now to put themselves into a good position ahead of the FA season and the draft. I wouldn't want to be going into the FA market needing too much if I could avoid it

Well in our case its pretty easy. We need a scorer and someone that can clear the zone. Get rid of Regehr who has killed us. I do not know who will be there? IE, will Darcy get the axe? I say yes because he fired Lindy and I think it was alot harder to fire Lindy than it will be to fire Regier

Are you hearing any trade rumours involving the Bruins ? I have a strong feeling they'll be very interested in trying to land Ryan Clowe from the Sharks.

i have been watching the wire Ally dont see anything yet but I think they need to shake things up Edited by ZEPFAN17

If the Rangers lose tonight, Torts must go......lots of games tonight. ......how about them Blue Jackets last night , now that is a fun team to watch, Vinny Prospal is leading that club into the post season. I really think they will get the 8th seed over the Blues or the Stars.

Edited by zepscoda

If the Rangers lose tonight, Torts must go......lots of games tonight. ......how about them Blue Jackets last night , now that is a fun team to watch, Vinny Prospal is leading that club into the post season. I really think they will get the 8th seed over the Blues or the Stars.

I wheeled the Blues tonight. I say the Blues will get in and they are the sleeper in the West. Took a light late shot on the Canucks with Clippers. St louis I have always liked. I will be cheering for them and Canucks in the West.

Torts lives to coach another game.

I do not think many more though. These damn healthy scratches are scary. Chlowe in San Jose tonight? Wow. On the market or what? Vanek? Yikes. I do NOT want to see Vanek or Miller go. NO way. Or Steve Ott. Add Erhoff and those four guys you fucking build around and that is that. Fire Darcy. Why does Darcy still have that fucking phone in his hand? He should be holding his dick.

I wheeled the Blues tonight. I say the Blues will get in and they are the sleeper in the West. Took a light late shot on the Canucks with Clippers. St louis I have always liked. I will be cheering for them and Canucks in the West.

Getting Jay Bowmester from Calgary will definitely help them

Are the LA Kings on drugs? The Sabres just traded Robyn Regehr to them!!!! Yipee!! Good riddens to bad rubbish. The guy totally fucked us all year. Get ready for giveaways and lazy play.

The idiot on NHL network says he wont have to dominate and will fit in well? Oh yeah? When he turns it over vs the Hawks and the puck is in the back of your fucking net come back and tell me that./ Waste. He sucks. Good move Darcy to unload this bum

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Are the LA Kings on drugs? The Sabres just traded Robyn Regehr to them!!!! Yipee!! Good riddens to bad rubbish. The guy totally fucked us all year. Get ready for giveaways and lazy play.

The idiot on NHL network says he wont have to dominate and will fit in well? Oh yeah? When he turns it over vs the Hawks and the puck is in the back of your fucking net come back and tell me that./ Waste. He sucks. Good move Darcy to unload this bum

He played for Sutter in Calgary and was one hell of a D'man back then. You've got to figure that Sutter feels he can get the best out of him and at worst, he feels Regehr would provide some veteran cover should any of his starting D'men go down during the playoffs. He didn't do well in Buffalo so in the end, I guess the trade is a win /win for both clubs

He played for Sutter in Calgary and was one hell of a D'man back then. You've got to figure that Sutter feels he can get the best out of him and at worst, he feels Regehr would provide some veteran cover should any of his starting D'men go down during the playoffs. He didn't do well in Buffalo so in the end, I guess the trade is a win /win for both clubs

I watched him every game Ally. Every game. Every time the puck went in the net almost, there was number 24 standing there watching and like he could care less. He fucked us big time. We are where we are IMO because of the two that just got traded. Him and Leopold. Good riddens. Leopold at least could get you a big goal here and there and can carry the puck. He may fit in in St Louis. To me the Kings just got fucked. Ill take the draft picks thank you. As for Luongo, man. They are really talkin it up on NHL channel. Saying he must be going nuts wondering where he will wind up. They think the Leafs are still interested but do not see Luongo moving until summer because they think Vancouver wants too much

So far so good by Darcy. Got rid of the two guys I have been screaming for them to unload. Done. Now, he must leave Vanek and Miller in place. And Steve Ott. If Pommer gets a good deal somewhere i wish him the best. I love the guy. He is a home grown guy. He came up with Derrick Roy from Rochester and they roomed together. He fought many battles with us. Led us to a Presidents trophy, and three Eastern conference finals. Bad luck on injuries to defensemen cost us the Cup in 06. A Cup that should have gone to Buffalo. The game 7 OT loss to Ottawa in the Eastern finals was another tough one to swallow. We would have put up a far better fight vs the Ducks that eventually won. Roy is now gone. If Pommer leaves it would be great to see him and Roy land together somewhere. Unlikely but not impossible. I still do not know why Dallas would want to deal Roy and Jagr? I guess they are throwing in the towel so to speak? Putting the for sale sign on the lawn like us. I do not know if Vanek is going to play tonight vs Pittsburgh. If he plays, you could see an upset, expecially given Vakoun is getting the start and perhaps vs Miller? I would say Buffalo has a huge advantage in goaltending in that scenario. If Vanek sits again, I worry even more. I do not think you can afford to lose Vanek going forward. You must build this team around him and Miller and Ott. Myers could be a huge decision in all of this. Did we overate him? Did the league overate him? Or is he going to be a monster and come back and haunt us if we do deal him? Erhoff is here to stay I would say and that is a good thing. I am happy with his play. Hodgeson too. I would be shocked if they even considered dealing Cody. Cant see it.

What are the Canucks to do with Luongo? You know they want desperately to deal him for a solid return that will pay dividends for a Cup run right now. I think Kessler was and is a necessary ingredient for them to be a Cup contender. The loss of his A game was huge. The Sedin twins can do so much. I would expect Raymond or Booth to be dealt if there is a package deal?

I watched him every game Ally. Every game. Every time the puck went in the net almost, there was number 24 standing there watching and like he could care less. He fucked us big time. We are where we are IMO because of the two that just got traded. Him and Leopold. Good riddens. Leopold at least could get you a big goal here and there and can carry the puck. He may fit in in St Louis. To me the Kings just got fucked. Ill take the draft picks thank you. As for Luongo, man. They are really talkin it up on NHL channel. Saying he must be going nuts wondering where he will wind up. They think the Leafs are still interested but do not see Luongo moving until summer because they think Vancouver wants too much

Yeah, I know he stunk the joint out for the Sabres. I was just pointing out that Sutter must still feel he can be of use to the Kings which is why I said the deal was probably a win/win for both clubs.

As for Luongo, I still say he's worth a good return if he is in fact traded but I think the Canucks would be crazy to deal him away. Cory's great but to a certain degree, still untested over a long season as a number 1 Where as Luongo has proven his worth every year he's been with us. People make a fuss about his cup finals performance which wasn't up to standard but the fact of the matter is, we don't even get to the finals without his stellar play. So what if he's a little moody with the media ! The main thing is that he isn't that way in the room and it's a well known fact that he's a very popular guy with his teammates. If he still wants to be here, I say trade Cory, get a decent return and make sure we get a reasonable back up goaltender in the deal and move on.

This just in!!!! Derrick Roy is a Vancouver Canuck!!!!!!!!! Go Canucks!!!!!!!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=663533&navid=nhl:topheads

Excellent ! Immediate help and we definitely get better once Kesler returns. This will solve a big problem for us

Hope we go for Pommenville too

Edited by ally

Excellent ! Immediate help and we definitely get better once Kesler returns. This will solve a big problem for us

Ha. The Vancouver Sabres

2nd line. Kassian, Roy and Pommer

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Ha. The Vancouver Sabres

2nd line. Kassian, Roy and Pommer

That works for me ! If we were to get Pommer or another strong winger , Keslers return will make things interesting.

Sedin, Sedin Burrows

Kassian, Roy possibly Pommer

Higgins, Kesler, Booth

The trouble will be giving them all enough ice time. Now, time for the Canucks to make a move or two on Defence

That works for me ! If we were to get Pommer or another strong winger , Keslers return will make things interesting.

Sedin, Sedin Burrows

Kassian, Roy possibly Pommer

Higgins, Kesler, Booth

The trouble will be giving them all enough ice time. Now, time for the Canucks to make a move or two on Defence

Trades are happening so fast I cant keep up. Jagr now to Boston. Their answer for Iginla. Without Crosby, I do not think Pittsburgh can beat Boston.

Trades are happening so fast I cant keep up. Jagr now to Boston. Their answer for Iginla. Without Crosby, I do not think Pittsburgh can beat Boston.

Jagr will definitely help the Bruins short term but it was my understanding that Dallas were asking for a #1 pick for him. Steep price if the Bruins agreed to that !

Edited by ally

Jagr will definitely help the Bruins short term but it was my understanding that Dallas were asking for a #1 pick for him. Steep price if the Bruins agreed to that !

So far it has not been revealed but no other players are mentioned so I am assuming a pick. Stay on NHL.com for the latest breaking news.