Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
wanna be drummer

The NHL Thread

Johan Larsson is supposed to be a real promising 20 yr old forward. What has me concerned is them taking Hacket the goalie. I hope they do not plan to deal Miller in the summer or sooner? Yikes.

LUONGO HAS BEEN PULLED OFF THE ICE. NO WORD YET WHY

Luongo is staying put. Why did they call him off the ice? Man

Zepscoda, wait til you read this shit. Gaborik is gone. Off to Lumbo. Cap room?

Sabres got a number one and two pick also!!!! Great work

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Luongo is staying put. Why did they call him off the ice? Man

Zepscoda, wait til you read this shit. Gaborik is gone. Off to Lumbo. Cap room?

Sabres got a number one and two pick also!!!! Great work

Sabres did well getting what they got for Pommer but as a Canuck fan, I'm not only disappointed that we missed out on him but also disappointed he went to one of our division rivals making them much better in the process. Luongo was taken off the ice early so he would have a chance to digest the fact that he wasn't being moved before having to meet the media. Also heard that Gaborik and Torts had a huge on ice arguement at practice last week. You can put that down as one of the reasons he's gone to Columbus.

Overall, a pretty quiet Deadline Day

The Bruins have acquired defenseman Wade Redden from the St. Louis Blues in exchange for a late round draft pick in the 2014 draft, according to a hockey source.

Redden was a former teammate of Bruins captain Zdeno Chara and third-line center Chris Kelly, but he will be serving strictly as a depth defenseman for the Bruins as they work toward a Stanley Cup. He’ll be insurance in case injuries or ineffectiveness gnaw away at Boston’s back line during the Stanley Cup playoff gauntlet.

"Both (Zdeno) Chara and (Chris) Kelly were great teammates," Redden said. "Excited to join them and the (Bruins) team."

Source: Comcast Sports Net

The Bruins have acquired defenseman Wade Redden from the St. Louis Blues in exchange for a late round draft pick in the 2014 draft, according to a hockey source.

Redden was a former teammate of Bruins captain Zdeno Chara and third-line center Chris Kelly, but he will be serving strictly as a depth defenseman for the Bruins as they work toward a Stanley Cup. He’ll be insurance in case injuries or ineffectiveness gnaw away at Boston’s back line during the Stanley Cup playoff gauntlet.

"Both (Zdeno) Chara and (Chris) Kelly were great teammates," Redden said. "Excited to join them and the (Bruins) team."

Source: Comcast Sports Net

Ottawa GM Bryan Murray must cringe every time he thinks of Wade Redden and his decision to keep him instead of Chara.

Ottawa GM Bryan Murray must cringe every time he thinks of Wade Redden and his decision to keep him instead of Chara.

I cant stand that prick Murray. I remember the time him and Lindy almost went at it. I wonder if this Swedish kid we got will play in Buffalo or report to Rochester to start? Steve Ott is not for this building for next year thing. He wants to win now. I expect the C to be on his chest Friday night. It should be.

I get home from the office, 12 hours no lunch, no sports updates. .....so I get home, put on the game and see that Gabby is gone and the Rangers are up 5-1 on the pens.....what the hell is going on! LOL

This is just another reason why the Blue Jackets will get that 8th seed in the west.

Oh crap.....the Rangers are now up 6-1!

I get home from the office, 12 hours no lunch, no sports updates. .....so I get home, put on the game and see that Gabby is gone and the Rangers are up 5-1 on the pens.....what the hell is going on! LOL

This is just another reason why the Blue Jackets will get that 8th seed in the west.

Oh crap.....the Rangers are now up 6-1!

Well the Sabres took them apart the night before and they had no rest in their defense. Dont get too giddy. You just traded Gaborik in case you did not hear. I may stay up and see Jason Pommenville in LA tonight. It will be just very strange to see Jason take the ice with another team. He fought alot of wars with us. Two Eastern conference finals, and countless games with Miller and Vanek and Roy. Now he will play against his friend Roy in same division. One guy on NHL just picked Minnesota to come out of the West. As for the deal, they say the Sabres made out great because we not only got two great young players, we got a number one this year and a number two next year. We have two acquired number one picks this draft so we have 3 number one picks in the draft

Well the Sabres took them apart the night before and they had no rest in their defense. Dont get too giddy. You just traded Gaborik in case you did not hear. I may stay up and see Jason Pommenville in LA tonight. It will be just very strange to see Jason take the ice with another team. He fought alot of wars with us. Two Eastern conference finals, and countless games with Miller and Vanek and Roy. Now he will play against his friend Roy in same division. One guy on NHL just picked Minnesota to come out of the West. As for the deal, they say the Sabres made out great because we not only got two great young players, we got a number one this year and a number two next year. We have two acquired number one picks this draft so we have 3 number one picks in the draft

Three number one picks in what is projected to be a bumper draft ! I'm sorry to see Pomminville leave too and not happy that he's gone to Minny :lol: but Imho, this was a great deal for the Sabres and it tells me that Darcy, whether he's GM next year or not, has the best interests of the Sabres in mind.

Vanek drove Pominville to the airport... :tears:

Yes it is very sad to see Jason go. But Darcy robbed them blind on that deal in my opinion. Two players and a first and second round pick!!! Are you kidding me? I never thought he would get that much.

Yes it is very sad to see Jason go. But Darcy robbed them blind on that deal in my opinion. Two players and a first and second round pick!!! Are you kidding me? I never thought he would get that much.

Yeah, I'm very happy with the deal, and to see the official rebuild begin. But just picturing those two saying goodbye to each other actually put me in tears.

Yeah, I'm very happy with the deal, and to see the official rebuild begin. But just picturing those two saying goodbye to each other actually put me in tears.

Fucking Buffalo News is now getting crazy. I cant read their arcticles without paying an outraguous subscription price. I wanted to see what Pommer had to say. Ill watch him tonight in LA. I am sure they will interview him. The deal is good long term. We keep Vanek and Ott and we can stilll win while retooling as prooved with our pasting of the Penguins the other night

Columbus up on the preds 3-1 in the 3rd. A win tonight gives them 40 points and an 8th spot, at least for tonight.

Gabby has a goal and a assist.

Edited by zepscoda

Columbus up on the preds 3-1 in the 3rd. A win tonight gives them 40 points and an 8th spot, at least for tonight.

Gabby has a goal and a assist.

Roy was very impressive for us last night. Two great set ups for Higgins and Kassian in a 4-0 win over the streaking Oilers. I really like this move by the Canucks. When Kesler returns, he's going to have to bring his "A" game if he wants ice time

I agree with you on that,what a huge blunder

I agree with you on that,what a huge blunder

I have to admit that at the time, both Chara and Redden were top defenceman in the league so the decision was maybe harder than it seems today but , to me it was always obvious who the more important player was. There was always a chance of finding another Redden but no one in the league period, has been able to find another Chara .

Dont count the Sabres out just yet. Look at the standings now after the win over Ottawa. I like our chances in Winnipeg Sunday and we are breathing down the necks of the Rangers and Islanders. Passed Carolina.

I do not know whether to cheer for Philly or Winnipeg today? My boys are coming. We play all of the teams we need to deal with. We can catch Winnipeg tommorrow night with a win up there if Philly beats them. I hope its not a 3 pt game. I just home someone wins it.

Does anyone on God's green Earth understand why they Flyers would trade for Mason? A goalie? And a journeyman at best? With a 7 year big money commitment to Bryzgolov? Fucking Holmgren has gone nuts and is catching hell in the Philly press. I think the man has lost his mind. OK, you think you messed up on Bryzgolov? Is that really the scapegoat for all of Philly's problems? They have Gireix and not much else other than Reed and now Briere is injured AGAIN. Hey Danny, I hope you rot there. If you stayed in Buffalo you would have had some promise. Buffalo has so many number one and two picks its fucking mind boggling. And Darcy has options. He can use them in what is considered the deepest draft in years or trade them for established players. I would do a bit of both. But signing Miller and Vanek to me is a must. But it wont be easy. Teams are going to come calling for those two. I believe I heard Edmonton has a pile of cap room. Yikes. Here comes a fucking 8 figure offer sheet to Vanek.

I do not know whether to cheer for Philly or Winnipeg today? My boys are coming. We play all of the teams we need to deal with. We can catch Winnipeg tommorrow night with a win up there if Philly beats them. I hope its not a 3 pt game. I just home someone wins it.

Does anyone on God's green Earth understand why they Flyers would trade for Mason? A goalie? And a journeyman at best? With a 7 year big money commitment to Bryzgolov? Fucking Holmgren has gone nuts and is catching hell in the Philly press. I think the man has lost his mind. OK, you think you messed up on Bryzgolov? Is that really the scapegoat for all of Philly's problems? They have Gireix and not much else other than Reed and now Briere is injured AGAIN. Hey Danny, I hope you rot there. If you stayed in Buffalo you would have had some promise. Buffalo has so many number one and two picks its fucking mind boggling. And Darcy has options. He can use them in what is considered the deepest draft in years or trade them for established players. I would do a bit of both. But signing Miller and Vanek to me is a must. But it wont be easy. Teams are going to come calling for those two. I believe I heard Edmonton has a pile of cap room. Yikes. Here comes a fucking 8 figure offer sheet to Vanek.

The Flyers were in desperate need of a back up goaltender so the deal makes sense to me. The Bryzgolov deal is almost as bad as Luongo's but I have to agree with you that he's far from being a problem for the Flyers. I think he's played great for them this season.

Buffalo may have trouble holding on to both Vanek and Miller but they must seriously try to sign at least one of them. Edmonton may try to go after Vanek again but I'm guessing they'd be more interested in signing Miller and shore up their defence in order to let those kids they've got go loose for goals. I'm a believer in that young team but they need more of a good solid veteran presence in their line up .

The Flyers were in desperate need of a back up goaltender so the deal makes sense to me. The Bryzgolov deal is almost as bad as Luongo's but I have to agree with you that he's far from being a problem for the Flyers. I think he's played great for them this season.

Buffalo may have trouble holding on to both Vanek and Miller but they must seriously try to sign at least one of them. Edmonton may try to go after Vanek again but I'm guessing they'd be more interested in signing Miller and shore up their defence in order to let those kids they've got go loose for goals. I'm a believer in that young team but they need more of a good solid veteran presence in their line up .

Ryan Miller will NEVER i repeat NEVER go to Edmonton. They can offer him the Taj and he will not go there. He would go to LA, Anaheim or San Jose. That is it. His wife is in LA. But he wants to stay in Buffalo if Darcy trys to win and rebuild at the same time. It can be done and Detroit is a good example of how to do it. Right now the Sabres are clicking on all cylinders. If they can run the table, who knows. 4 pts can be overcome expecially when we are talking about the Rangers and Islanders. And we have games vs all the players. The West is going to be one hell of a war between Chicago, Anaheim, St Louis, Vancouver, LA and Minny.

:lol: Come on now Rick, I've been to Edmonton a few times and it's not a bad city at all ! At $8 million / season, I think even MY wife would understand ;)

Edited by ally

I haven't seen any games tonight. Im about to sit down and watch Rangers in 60. Clowe fits right in with this Rangers team, its like getting Prust back.

Edited by zepscoda

:lol: Come on now Rick, I've been to Edmonton a few times and it's not a bad city at all ! At $8 million / season, I think even MY wife would understand ;)

That will be quite enough. I am crashing after watching a nice game by your boys. Hey Zepscoda. The Rangers suck. Carolina has tanked out. Can you believe Jersey has lost 6 in a row? Buffalo should make it 7 tomorrow. Flyers lose and I love it. Later boys.