The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Oh, sorry. I forgot we had one on board. I wish I could say good luck but as a die hard Sabres fan I cannot. I can go to bed happy at least another night or two. On to the great province of Manitoba. I will need my ham hocks and guitar strings

Rick believe me, I am no Islander fan (DIE HARD LEAF FAN SINCE THE GREAT JIM DOREY PATROLLED THE BLUELINE LOL).......

but I have a feeling about the Islanders...i think they will make it to the dance....I may eat my fish sticks.

Rick believe me, I am no Islander fan (DIE HARD LEAF FAN SINCE THE GREAT JIM DOREY PATROLLED THE BLUELINE LOL).......

but I have a feeling about the Islanders...i think they will make it to the dance....I may eat my fish sticks.

They would not be nearly as dangerous as Buffalo as they have nobody in Miller's league. Anyway, the next winter classic scheduled for New Years day will be in Detroit where the Michigan Wolverines play I believe (correct me if I am wrong), but they said in dowtown Detroit and expect a record crowd. Vs of course, the Toronto Maple Leafs. Detroit will be in the East next year so they will meet more often. I think we will play them at least 4 times. And we rarely ever see them. Miller's brother plays for them so they are another team that scares me for going after Miller.

They would not be nearly as dangerous as Buffalo as they have nobody in Miller's league. Anyway, the next winter classic scheduled for New Years day will be in Detroit where the Michigan Wolverines play I believe (correct me if I am wrong), but they said in dowtown Detroit and expect a record crowd. Vs of course, the Toronto Maple Leafs. Detroit will be in the East next year so they will meet more often. I think we will play them at least 4 times. And we rarely ever see them. Miller's brother plays for them so they are another team that scares me for going after Miller.

I think it'll be good for the league now that Detroit will be in the east rekindling that great old rivalry with the Leafs . At some point, I think it would make sense that the Hawks go to the eastern conference too which would reestablish the original 6. Something I feel would add plenty of spice to the mix and possibly lead to a better TV deal for the league. I know that the numbers aren't even in both conferences but my guess is that the league will lose one or two franchises in the east and expand one franchise in the west making a move by Chicago a distinct possibility down the road

I think it'll be good for the league now that Detroit will be in the east rekindling that great old rivalry with the Leafs . At some point, I think it would make sense that the Hawks go to the eastern conference too which would reestablish the original 6. Something I feel would add plenty of spice to the mix and possibly lead to a better TV deal for the league. I know that the numbers aren't even in both conferences but my guess is that the league will lose one or two franchises in the east and expand one franchise in the west making a move by Chicago a distinct possibility down the road

My guess is that Florida, Phoenix and maybe just maybe Dallas could be doomed. Dallas has alot of empty seats even when they are winning. I have seen it on NHL Center Ice. Its a joke. Phoenix is going to move. Where? I am guessing that Portland or Kansas City will get a shot at some point? Unless they expand the Toronto market to Hamilton, and I do not think it would hurt the Sabres or Leafs that much. The demand is high.

I will tell you, Steve Ott is one hell of a player. How could Dallas ever let him go? I want the Sabres to lock him in for 6 years, give him the keys to the city and slap the C on his chest. Then sign Vanek and Miller and slap the A's on them. Or make Miller the captain? We must keep Miller, Ott, Vanek at all costs

2-1 Buffalo with one minute left in second. Scott gets called for roughing on a clean check after they clutch and grab us all game. Its horse shit.

New Jersey is dirty as hell

Steve Ott gave us the lead back. If we dont sign this guy for whatever he wants we are crazy and Ill stop watching. Ott is great. Miller is great too.

NJ is definitley one of the most dirtiest teams on ice

Looking forward to watching the Vancouver / Phoenix game this evening. These guy's should provide a better test than either Edmonton or Calgary and it'll be interesting to see if we've turned a corner or not

Looking forward to watching the Vancouver / Phoenix game this evening. These guy's should provide a better test than either Edmonton or Calgary and it'll be interesting to see if we've turned a corner or not

Well Kesler looks like his old self

Huge loss by Rangers. Leaving the back door open for us. If we can beat Winnipeg tomorrow, we reach 500, and move within two pts of Rangers and maybe Islanders too.

Well Kesler looks like his old self

Huge loss by Rangers. Leaving the back door open for us. If we can beat Winnipeg tomorrow, we reach 500, and move within two pts of Rangers and maybe Islanders too.

He was a surprise starter but yeah, he did look like his old self. Almost cost us at the end with that stupid penalty though. Thought it was a good playoff style game last night. We should have put more past Smith but then Cory had to be sharp too .

Huge loss by the Rangers but also a huge win for the Leafs. You're gonna have to start rooting for the Bud's now Rick. They could be a big help to the Sabres hopes if they can knock off the teams directly in front of you

He was a surprise starter but yeah, he did look like his old self. Almost cost us at the end with that stupid penalty though. Thought it was a good playoff style game last night. We should have put more past Smith but then Cory had to be sharp too .

Huge loss by the Rangers but also a huge win for the Leafs. You're gonna have to start rooting for the Bud's now Rick. They could be a big help to the Sabres hopes if they can knock off the teams directly in front of you

I have to cheer for Philly tonight and I feel good about them. They have beaten the Islanders like 21 of the last 22 times. Its simply crazy and its the most dominating matchup in hockey. If we beat Winnipeg we are right there. Huge game for both teams. I say we are better especially with Miller. They have nobody in Millers class. I am hoping Vanek plays. He is supposed to.

the Bruins and Swedish center Carl Soderberg have agreed to a three-year contract.

Soderberg won’t be able to join the Bruins until he is given his release from the Swedish Ice Hockey Federation, as the 27-year-old has been playing in Sweden for the last 11 years, the last two of which were for Linkoping HC of the Swedish Elite League.

The Bruins have had the rights to Soderberg since getting the former second-round pick from the Blues in exchange for Hannu Toivonen in 2007, but he has stayed in Sweden rather than making the leap to the NHL. Soderberg led the Swedish Elite League with 31 goals in 54 games this season.

nhl_g_knuble01jr_600.jpg

the Bruins and Swedish center Carl Soderberg have agreed to a three-year contract.

Soderberg won’t be able to join the Bruins until he is given his release from the Swedish Ice Hockey Federation, as the 27-year-old has been playing in Sweden for the last 11 years, the last two of which were for Linkoping HC of the Swedish Elite League.

The Bruins have had the rights to Soderberg since getting the former second-round pick from the Blues in exchange for Hannu Toivonen in 2007, but he has stayed in Sweden rather than making the leap to the NHL. Soderberg led the Swedish Elite League with 31 goals in 54 games this season.

Their season finishes much earlier than ours. I take it he'll be named to the Bruins playoff roster

Vanek will play!!! Music to my ears!!!!

Little bit of set back for the Sabres last night but it happens to every team. As long as they bounce back and put this one behind them, they'll be fine

Little bit of set back for the Sabres last night but it happens to every team. As long as they bounce back and put this one behind them, they'll be fine

Terrible set back. Their goalie stoned us royal. Not Miller's fault either,. He played well. The open netter and the the goals were not his fault as just unlucky bounces to set up guys waiting. We really got fucking robbed by this goalie on several. We have to run the table. Someone on NHL the other night said he thought Buffalo needed to win 9 of 10. Well with 9 left, we cant lose again. We play every team we are chasing head on. If the Rangers and Islanders lose enough games, they could make our job easier. But who knows? Philly and New Jersey have really tanked and Ottawa has lost 5 in a row. The door was wide open last night,. We could have cut it to two. Now I just want them to beat Montreal, AGAIN, and then get to 500. Then we will check the standings again. I sure wish I had a chrystal ball and knew what Darcy, Ted Black and Mr Pegula are going to do in June with those draft picks? And if they are going to pursue re signing Miller and Vanek? And Steve Ott who says he wants to remain a Sabre. That is good.

Terrible set back. Their goalie stoned us royal. Not Miller's fault either,. He played well. The open netter and the the goals were not his fault as just unlucky bounces to set up guys waiting. We really got fucking robbed by this goalie on several. We have to run the table. Someone on NHL the other night said he thought Buffalo needed to win 9 of 10. Well with 9 left, we cant lose again. We play every team we are chasing head on. If the Rangers and Islanders lose enough games, they could make our job easier. But who knows? Philly and New Jersey have really tanked and Ottawa has lost 5 in a row. The door was wide open last night,. We could have cut it to two. Now I just want them to beat Montreal, AGAIN, and then get to 500. Then we will check the standings again. I sure wish I had a chrystal ball and knew what Darcy, Ted Black and Mr Pegula are going to do in June with those draft picks? And if they are going to pursue re signing Miller and Vanek? And Steve Ott who says he wants to remain a Sabre. That is good.

It'll probably require being part of the draft lottery but I think this guy will interest everyone

SETH JONES
Jones%20IMG_8598%20304x2911643.jpg
HOMETOWN: PLANO, TX BIRTHDATE: 1994-10-03 HEIGHT 6'4" WEIGHT 206 SHOOTS/CATCHES: RIGHT POSITION: DEFENCE 2012/2013 REGULAR SEASON GP G A PTS PIM 61 14 42 56 33

2011-12: Winterhawks acquired the rights to talk to Jones from Everett on April 23, 2012, then Jones signed with Portland on May 8, 2012, with the Hawks sending four players to the Silvertips to complete the trade…Considered one of the best players in the U.S. in his age group, and is rated as a top prospect for the 2013 NHL Draft…Played last season for the U.S. National Team Development Program’s Under-18 team, and won a gold medal with the U.S. team at the U-18 World Championship in the Czech Republic…Jones was dominant during the tournament, registering three goals and five assists for eight points in six games, placing second in scoring both on his team and among all defensemen…Also played in the tournament as a 16-year-old, registering three assists en route to a gold medal…With the U.S. National Team Development Program, Jones posted six goals and 20 assists for 26 points in 48 games…Originally drafted by Everett in the first round of the 2009 WHL Bantam Draft, 11th overall…Is the son of former NBA player Ronald “Popeye” Jones, who played 535 games over 11 seasons with Dallas, Toronto, Boston, Denver, Washington and Golden State, averaging 7.0 points and 7.4 rebounds during his career…He is currently an assistant coach with the Brooklyn Nets…Portland also drafted Seth’s brother Caleb in the 2012 WHL Bantam Draft.

The Sabres who I thought were done, actually have a better chance than you would think. Go see the Islanders schedule other than Florida tonight. Brutal. Brutal. Buffalo's is no picnic with trips to Boston Pittsburgh abut we have beaten them both,.

Archived