The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

NY Islanders last five games all on the road:

@ Toronto

@ Winnipeg

@ Carolina

@ Philly

@ Buffalo

The home game before they leave is vs Florida. I am hoping they get 3 pts max. Beat Florida. One OT game on road. We can do it baby!!!!!!!!!

Form WEEI Boston

In announcing the postponing of Monday night’s game against the Senators in wake of the Boston Marathon bombings, Bruins president Cam Neely issued the following statement:

“After consultation with City, State and NHL officials we collectively made the decision to postpone tonight’s game. Public safety personnel from the City and State are still gathering information regarding today’s events and it is vital they have all resources available for their investigation. The thoughts and prayers of everyone in the Bruins organization are with the city of Boston and all those affected by today’s tragedy.”

Form WEEI Boston

In announcing the postponing of Monday night’s game against the Senators in wake of the Boston Marathon bombings, Bruins president Cam Neely issued the following statement:

“After consultation with City, State and NHL officials we collectively made the decision to postpone tonight’s game. Public safety personnel from the City and State are still gathering information regarding today’s events and it is vital they have all resources available for their investigation. The thoughts and prayers of everyone in the Bruins organization are with the city of Boston and all those affected by today’s tragedy.”

My boys are in town and will take the ice there tomorrow night. The Islanders are winning their last home game of the season and then its 5 in a row on the road. Hoping the Flyers can hold on vs Rangers. If we can just win our games, we will catch one of those three

Really good playoff style game going on between the Canucks and Blues. Canucks scored just at the end of the 2nd and are leading 1-0 . A good physical game between two teams who could be 1st round opponents going on

Really good playoff style game going on between the Canucks and Blues. Canucks scored just at the end of the 2nd and are leading 1-0 . A good physical game between two teams who could be 1st round opponents going on

Ally the Blues were on them like a cheap suit for two periods. And then they get whacked for a goal. I still do not think its over by any stretch.

Ally the Blues were on them like a cheap suit for two periods. And then they get whacked for a goal. I still do not think its over by any stretch.

Never said it was over. Just said it was a good game :) .

Never said it was over. Just said it was a good game :) .

For me its over. But I need Minnesota to win to hit 3 parlays thanks to the Flyers over Rangers. The Flyers really helped us out. The Sabres can pull within two pts tomorrow and play all the players. We control our own destiny

Minnesota is up 4-1 and Pommer is fitting in nicely. Tough to say how tough they will be in the playoffs? They are solid on defense. Not a ton of firepower like Chicago or Vancouver. Similiar to LA and St Louis. I am hoping Colombus sneaks in. Would be good for the league, the city and all. Have to give the Jackets credit on a heck of a run. Now if my Sabres can finish off their run with a new look team. I cant believe i am watching Roy and Pommer in the West. I wish them both the very best. I am terrified Miller could wind up in Detroit. His brother is there. He is from there. Yikes.

Hey Boston. Its Miller time!!! In the nets, one Ryan Miller will start. LETS GO BUFF A LO!!!!! :slapshot:

Somewhere in that mass of humanity and media are my Buffalo Sabres. Man. How can they be concentrating on the game? A game they desperately need.

Hey Zeppfan17, is that you on the 17th floor of that high rise?

:lol:

Hey Boston. Its Miller time!!! In the nets, one Ryan Miller will start. LETS GO BUFF A LO!!!!! :slapshot:

Somewhere in that mass of humanity and media are my Buffalo Sabres. Man. How can they be concentrating on the game? A game they desperately need.

Hey Zeppfan17, is that you on the 17th floor of that high rise?

ahahahaahahaha nope should be a good game right now tied 1-1 Boston playing with high emotions need this win for the city..

The Wild are takin care of business!!!! Winnipeg and the Islanders now we will see what they do on the road vs winning teams. The Rangers are leaving the door open. Go Sabres!!!!!!

If there's one thing the Blue Shirts do well, its leave the door open for the teams chasing them.

Sabres win baby!!!!! Stafford wins it but Miller really wins it!!!!! 2 pts back of the Rangers. I think the Islanders are in our cross hairs

It was one hell of a game ! Like ours last night, it had a real playoff feel about it. Big big win for the Sabres

It was one hell of a game ! Like ours last night, it had a real playoff feel about it. Big big win for the Sabres

A season saver for now. Every game is going to be like this. The Rangers are benefited with a soft remaining schedule. But is any game easy? The Islanders have the worst schedule. Our toughest game left is at Pittsburgh. We spanked them good last week and they wont forget it. But with our goaltending, we can hang in.

A season saver for now. Every game is going to be like this. The Rangers are benefited with a soft remaining schedule. But is any game easy? The Islanders have the worst schedule. Our toughest game left is at Pittsburgh. We spanked them good last week and they wont forget it. But with our goaltending, we can hang in.

The Islanders have the disadvantage of having to play all of there remaining games on the road . I guess the circus must be in town :bubble:

The Islanders have the disadvantage of having to play all of there remaining games on the road . I guess the circus must be in town :bubble:

The Islanders are part of it. Where the hell is Black Dawg? Anyone heard from him? His Caps are winning and he has been nowhere? Hope he is all right?>

Colombus has really impressed me. They are playing way over their heads and the coach has done a fabulous job there. I hope they hold on and make it. Did not think Detroit would lose in Calgary. The highlights are worth seeing. Kipper was great. except on one he let in from the red line on a bounce. You may never see a goal like that one again for a long time. And the two Calgary scored when Howard really screwed up on his position. It was comical.

Looks like my boys ruined the ceremony to a degree? I mean, they would have preferred a Boston win but on this day we were just too desperate. But my sympathies are with all Boston residents. But I will never cheer for the Bruins over my Sabres

Archived