The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

And yet we're nationally called Hockeytown, not Toronto :whistling:

Just remember who's been the better team for...well around 2 decades now ;)

Shall we compare notable players? We win in that category as well with Mr. Hockey leading the way :D

Put that in your pipe and smoke it ;)

Nationally called in the US maybe...

2 decades...hehehe!!

We've been the best for over 85 years!! :D

Notable players.... It's hard to compare 2 of the original teams since they've seen loads and loads of legends through the years!

Long Live Hockey!

Nationally called in the US maybe...

2 decades...hehehe!!

We've been the best for over 85 years!! :D

Notable players.... It's hard to compare 2 of the original teams since they've seen loads and loads of legends through the years!

Long Live Hockey!

Hell YES! My favorite sport is undoubtedly baseball, but theres nothing better to watch than Hockey, not even football B)

I have no idea whether or not we have one of these threads, but if we do, it died. So I'm starting a new one.

In any case, does anyone else miss the good old days when fighting was prevalent and the word enforcer had a meaning? I know I do. Speaking of enforcers, who else misses the Bruise Brothers? :D

Obviously, I'm a huge Red Wings fan and I have to say, this is some of their best hockey ever! BUt I still miss the tough guys like Joey Kocur, Darren McCarty, and Bob Probert.

Well that's just me devoting some space to the old days. Anywho, who else loves hockey? :D

RED WINGS SUCK!

RED WINGS SUCK!

And who's your team may I ask?

Because looking at the standings, we're doing better than them no matter who they may be :whistling:

Oh, and unless your team is Montreal or Toronto we have more Cups than you ;)

Plus we've had Gordie Howe, Ted Lindsay, Sid Abel, Terry Sawchuck, Steve Yzerman, Brendan Shanahan, Sergei Fedorov, Nicklas Lindstrom, Bob Probert, Alex Delveccio, Syd Howe, Red Kelly, Paul Coffey, etc.

And if your an Avalanche like Electrophile implied there, then do you remember when Patrick Roy got his ass beat by Mike Vernon and then by Chris Osgood, both of whom are much smaller then Roy? Or how about Cluade the Turtle? Hey remember when Darren McCarty got a hat trick against you guys?

Avalanche were good for a few years and now they suck.

Go WINGS!

Red Wings: 41-11-4

Avalanche: 29-21-5

Oh yeah......we totally suck. *rolls eyes*

i was trying to think of some clever witty thing to say, but i'll just go with something simple...

leafs beat the red wings tonight :P!!

I was eating the couch until Drury scored with 2 seconds left. This time things will be differant. im glad they are playing great now We got the Presidents Cup last year now I want the big one. Can you believe the Rangers are doing so bad with all the money they spent and all the talent? Looks like Jagr is burning money again. The Sabres are gelling at the right time. They have the talent, and these kids from Rochester like kaleta are stepping up. When Afenigenov comes back look out. Ive got great seats for the Nashville game in two weeks. Got them a day before they wennt on sale to the public..

awesome! im wearing an old retro logo sabres hoodie right now!

kaleta is a spark to the team... but the thing is he will probably be sent back once Afenigenov is healthy... but then again... he had a setback with his groin injury... so kaleta may stay awhile

i was at the flyers game... kaleta and mair spend the whole game going after briere! and when mair leveled his right near the boards where I was sitting, it was amazing! the place went nuts when briere got hit...

I wonder why... :whistling:

I'm a Canucks Fan and I think if they get healthy and make a move for another forward at the trade deadline..... look out ! Roberto Luongo can shut the door on anyone B) The tough thing will be making the playoffs. It'll go down to the last day IMO

I am a Torontonian...therefore I am loyal to the Maple Leafs :bagoverhead::bagoverhead:

Who are last in their division.... or second last at the moment :bagoverhead::bagoverhead:

The Leafs perplex me because I never know which team will show up. There are times when they show potential and play great and there are times they leave steaming pile of turds on the ice....

As far as THE hockey capital of the world...it is Toronto...no contest. Our team is shitty but we are "The Yankees Of Hockey" in terms of popularity. B) I was reading an article on the Leafs in a local paper a few months back that stated Toronto Maple Leaf merchandise accounts for 48% of all NHL merchandise sold.

Yes they suck, and many mock us for still being loyal but....you love your team for better or worse...not when they just win.

The biggest problem with the Leafs is the dumbasses in charge. I HATE our owners. There are far too many people that are involved. They care more about $$$ then they do about winning a cup. A few years ago Scotty Bowman was interested in buying the team with one condition-FULL CONTROL ...He was turned down... :thumbdown:

Fave Leaf: Mats Sundin

Fave all time player: Mario Lemieux

Trade deadline a week away. I am sitting waiting for the suspense to unravel. As a Sabres fan I am praying they sign Campbell. I have tickets for the Nashville game in Buffalo next week Cant wait. Hope they have lots of Blue Moon. Any thoughts on trades? Ally??

Well lots of speculation Sundin and some other Leaf old boy's.... rent a player time :D Personally I don't think the Sabres or Canucks should go that route. We've got young teams so like you said about Campbell, it's more important that we keep the good young players we have. There may be some contractual trades but with the playoff race so tight, I don't think there will be to many hockey trades. Campbell is a real priority for you guy's.... By the way , I'm sippin' on a Blue Moon as we speak :P:D

I am a Torontonian...therefore I am loyal to the Maple Leafs :bagoverhead::bagoverhead:

Who are last in their division.... or second last at the moment :bagoverhead::bagoverhead:

The Leafs perplex me because I never know which team will show up. There are times when they show potential and play great and there are times they leave steaming pile of turds on the ice....

As far as THE hockey capital of the world...it is Toronto...no contest. Our team is shitty but we are "The Yankees Of Hockey" in terms of popularity. B) I was reading an article on the Leafs in a local paper a few months back that stated Toronto Maple Leaf merchandise accounts for 48% of all NHL merchandise sold.

Yes they suck, and many mock us for still being loyal but....you love your team for better or worse...not when they just win.

The biggest problem with the Leafs is the dumbasses in charge. I HATE our owners. There are far too many people that are involved. They care more about $$$ then they do about winning a cup. A few years ago Scotty Bowman was interested in buying the team with one condition-FULL CONTROL ...He was turned down... :thumbdown:

Fave Leaf: Mats Sundin

Fave all time player: Mario Lemieux

Well you Toronto fans sure buy your share of tickets in Buffalo for the Sabres. Especially when the leafs come here or you arent doing to well. Why is it we cant get a ticket to a game there?

Well lots of speculation Sundin and some other Leaf old boy's.... rent a player time :D Personally I don't think the Sabres or Canucks should go that route. We've got young teams so like you said about Campbell, it's more important that we keep the good young players we have. There may be some contractual trades but with the playoff race so tight, I don't think there will be to many hockey trades. Campbell is a real priority for you guy's.... By the way , I'm sippin' on a Blue Moon as we speak :P:D

Well my man, I hope that time post isnt correct. Sippin a Blue Moon at 5 am?? I thought I was bad. Too each his own. To some degree I agree with you but I am afraid some major trades will happen. I fear that Regier (Sabres GM) may push the panic button as he lost Briere and Drury and doesnt want to let Campbell get away without anything in return. But he may roll the dice and try and win now with him and hope he can sign him in the summer. But I think he will get someone as Afinegenov has been out sore for far too long. Really hurting us. I see that elecrtophile is a Red Wings fan. Oh no. Ill cheeer for your canucks if you cheer for my Sabres. Us small market guys have to stick together.

Well my man, I hope that time post isnt correct. Sippin a Blue Moon at 5 am?? I thought I was bad. Too each his own. To some degree I agree with you but I am afraid some major trades will happen. I fear that Regier (Sabres GM) may push the panic button as he lost Briere and Drury and doesnt want to let Campbell get away without anything in return. But he may roll the dice and try and win now with him and hope he can sign him in the summer. But I think he will get someone as Afinegenov has been out sore for far too long. Really hurting us. I see that elecrtophile is a Red Wings fan. Oh no. Ill cheeer for your canucks if you cheer for my Sabres. Us small market guys have to stick together.

That posted time would have been 5am your time 1am my time. Just got home from work and decided to crack one ( I'm not that bad :D ). Yeah, I see your point about Campbell. Nonis will deal Naslund if he can. The Canucks can't afford such a high priced underachiever.I've got a feeling the Ducks may make a move for him. We'll get a draft pick and clear some room under the cap IMO

Archived