The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Ally, That's the key, a hot goal tender. I believe the Habs have it in this series.

Yep, I agree that Price will be the difference. Anderson was having an excellent season for the Sens before he got hurt and hasn't been quite the same since he returned.

Two OT thrillers on the first night...not a bad way to start the playoffs.

Ok, so I would have preferred the Kings to win, but I'm not panicking...we only need to win one in St. Louis. Game 2 will do fine.

The Ducks won, so I think that Rick hit all his bets tonight.

Ok, so I would have preferred the Kings to win, but I'm not panicking...we only need to win one in St. Louis. Game 2 will do fine.

If last nights game is any indication and this series goes the distance, I'm wondering if either of these teams will have enough gas left in the tank to go past the 2nd round. It was a war :lol:

3 for 3! Nice Picks Rick...I hope you put real dollars on this!

Here is the truth. I lost in hockey because of Chicago. I have up 1 1/2 and the fucktards did not cover. I had them with St Louis and Anaheim. But I wound up a winner because of my baseball bets. Tonight I took Vancouver, and a longshot play. I took the Islanders. and Atlanta to cover in NBA

Well I took a light shot on the Islanders, vancouver and the Hawks plus pts. About to see score. scared

Same old Islanders and Leafs. I hope they enjoy their visit. Next year back to reality. Pittsburgh is ripe for the picking right now.

The Bruins are imposing their will on the Leafs 4-1

I watched the old Bruins with Orr, Esposito and Cheevers and company beat the Leafs in four straight. The scores of a couple of those games. 10-2. 10-0. I mean, that is called imposing your will. Those Bruins were the best they ever had and not even close. Orr could take the puck behind his own net and basically do what Babe Ruth did in baseball by pointing to where he would hit a home run. He would stick handle around guys and then he would blast the puck by the goalie with the greatest accuracy of any shooter ever. He could just take a game over and there was always the question why he was a defenseman. Goalies in those days did not have the huge pads, and I do not think its fair what they do now. Its going to change though as they are going to re visit the matter and the pads are going to be restricted. Back to the Bruins and Leafs, I will never forget the greatest brawl I ever saw, both benchs emptied and Dan Kelly called the game nationally.

I watched the old Bruins with Orr, Esposito and Cheevers and company beat the Leafs in four straight. The scores of a couple of those games. 10-2. 10-0. I mean, that is called imposing your will. Those Bruins were the best they ever had and not even close. Orr could take the puck behind his own net and basically do what Babe Ruth did in baseball by pointing to where he would hit a home run. He would stick handle around guys and then he would blast the puck by the goalie with the greatest accuracy of any shooter ever. He could just take a game over and there was always the question why he was a defenseman. Goalies in those days did not have the huge pads, and I do not think its fair what they do now. Its going to change though as they are going to re visit the matter and the pads are going to be restricted. Back to the Bruins and Leafs, I will never forget the greatest brawl I ever saw, both benchs emptiedand Dan Kelly called the game nationally.

thats when hockey was at its best..That was definitely the best Boston team of all time. back then you brawled there was blood. I remember Wayne Cashman that guy was an animal.Bobby Orr is one of the best to ever play the game.

Disappointing loss for the Canucks last night but I thought it was a great game none the less. The Sharks looked very good and easily were the stronger team in both the first and third periods. They deserved the win but I thought we showed enough in the second period to prove we can make it a series . Thought Roberto played great as well. He'll have to continue to do so too as it doesn't look like Cory will be ready to start anytime soon.

Thought the Leafs showed the playoff jitters last night but I fully expect them to bounce back with a much better performance in game 2. They just need to remember that this is not regular season hockey that's being played at the moment and play with the necessary grit that's required come playoff time. Curious to see if they make a goaltending change though :unsure: .

Disappointing loss for the Canucks last night but I thought it was a great game none the less. The Sharks looked very good and easily were the stronger team in both the first and third periods. They deserved the win but I thought we showed enough in the second period to prove we can make it a series . Thought Roberto played great as well. He'll have to continue to do so too as it doesn't look like Cory will be ready to start anytime soon.

Thought the Leafs showed the playoff jitters last night but I fully expect them to bounce back with a much better performance in game 2. They just need to remember that this is not regular season hockey that's being played at the moment and play with the necessary grit that's required come playoff time. Curious to see if they make a goaltending change though :unsure: .

Luongo played well. Not his fault they lost. Vancouver must figure a way to score. I never thought they would have a problem. Never good to lose the first game of a series. But they can overcome it. Must win game two. This Sharks team is sick of getting knocked out in the first round. Bad enough to lose but to lose against that fuck tard Torres is double bad. Isn't he a piece of shit?

Luongo played well. Not his fault they lost. Vancouver must figure a way to score. I never thought they would have a problem. Never good to lose the first game of a series. But they can overcome it. Must win game two. This Sharks team is sick of getting knocked out in the first round. Bad enough to lose but to lose against that fuck tard Torres is double bad. Isn't he a piece of shit?

I wouldn't go that far in regards to Torres but he sure knows how to get under peoples skin . As far as us it being an absolute must for us to win game 2, I couldn't agree more. This Sharks team is a damn good one and they could easily make short work of us if we don't start playing with some urgency.

A couple of things that really caught my eye last night was that it was almost anything goes with the refs. If I'm the Canucks, I crowd and harass the Sharks goaltender because it looks as though, again,for another playoff season, that the goaltender interference rule doesn't apply . Our goal came from just such a play as did one of Sharks goals. I also caught one hit by Weiss on a San Jose player that was a clear boarding penalty and should have been at least a 4 min major penalty. Again, just like the Ferrance deliberate elbow on Djvorak in the Bruins /Leafs game...no penalty called.

I watched the old Bruins with Orr, Esposito and Cheevers and company beat the Leafs in four straight. The scores of a couple of those games. 10-2. 10-0. I mean, that is called imposing your will. Those Bruins were the best they ever had and not even close. Orr could take the puck behind his own net and basically do what Babe Ruth did in baseball by pointing to where he would hit a home run. He would stick handle around guys and then he would blast the puck by the goalie with the greatest accuracy of any shooter ever. He could just take a game over and there was always the question why he was a defenseman. Goalies in those days did not have the huge pads, and I do not think its fair what they do now. Its going to change though as they are going to re visit the matter and the pads are going to be restricted. Back to the Bruins and Leafs, I will never forget the greatest brawl I ever saw, both benchs emptied and Dan Kelly called the game nationally.

The arch enemy of the early 1970's. We loved Tony Esposito but hated Phil with a passion. Then Arthur Wirtz pulled television broadcasts of the Black Hawks for the next 40 years. There's an example of great marketing. Since Wirtz died everything has vastly improved. Especially the team they've put together.

The arch enemy of the early 1970's. We loved Tony Esposito but hated Phil with a passion. Then Arthur Wirtz pulled television broadcasts of the Black Hawks for the next 40 years. There's an example of great marketing. Since Wirtz died everything has vastly improved. Especially the team they've put together.

Those were two great hockey teams back then and being a Hawks fan at the time, I remember being disappointed that the club never won a cup during that 65 - 71 era. I'm still a Hawks fan deep down but with expansion in 1970, I had to become a Canucks fan first. You're right about the quality of team they've put together. Next to maybe Detroit, the most consistantly good - great team over the last 5 yrs and of course, finally, they have a cup to prove it !

Get Ready for another OT Game. I hope Holtby is ready for your boys. I won't be able to watch until midway through 2nd.

Game prediction 3-2 Caps win with 4:10 remaining in 1st OT.

No score yet 9 min into the first. I've gotta pick up the girls at theater class, hopefully I dont miss anything.

No score yet 9 min into the first. I've gotta pick up the girls at theater class, hopefully I dont miss anything.

You are lucky you missed it. I bet Washington and Ottawa tonight. Problem is I bet them both with St Louis. I also have Ottawa with Golden st. Refs gave LA a free goal on a 5 on 3. Bullshit ass call. I need the Blues to step it up.

Archived