The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

I think it stinks that Regehr fucked us all year, and is a large reason that the Sabres did not make the playoffs. And the lazy fucker gets to play in the final. He absolutely killed us back there. Left Miller alone time after time on turnovers and bad clears. He was horrific.

I think it stinks that Regehr fucked us all year, and is a large reason that the Sabres did not make the playoffs. And the lazy fucker gets to play in the final. He absolutely killed us back there. Left Miller alone time after time on turnovers and bad clears. He was horrific.

I think his role with LA is completely different than it was in Buffalo. All he has to do in LA is stay at home, hit anything wearing a different colour jersey and clear the zone. Playing defence is a lot easier when your playing with forwards who back check like their lives depended on it and are part of a team that has a tremendous desire to win He looked a very good to excellent defenceman when he was playing for Sutter in Calgary and when I look at this Kings team, I see a lot of similarities between the two

It's looking grim. Not that it's over...but with Game 5 in Chicago it's not likely.

Boston is already in the Cup Finals. No way they blow a 3-0 lead. No fucking way.

Don't forget Strider... It ain't over till the fat lady sings....

Don't forget Strider... It ain't over till the fat lady sings....

Oh. My. God. Where did you find that? My eyes will never unsee what they just saw. :blink:

Congratulations to the Boston Bruins and their fans. Whether you thought Pittsburgh was overrated or not, any time you sweep a team in the Stanley Cup playoffs is pretty damn impressive. The Bruins made a statement with this sweep...no matter what team makes it from the West, Boston is not to be taken lightly.

Boston strong, indeed.

Now it's up to the Kings to show what kind of fight they have left. Can they band together and show some of that Road Warrior spirit they had last year and extend the series another game?

Now it's up to the Kings to show what kind of fight they have left. Can they band together and show some of that Road Warrior spirit they had last year and extend the series another game?

They'll definitely put up a good fight Strider but I honestly don't think they have enough gas left in the tank to force a game 6

They'll definitely put up a good fight Strider but I honestly don't think they have enough gas left in the tank to force a game 6

You called it exactly, Ally. Battled for 2 Overtimes but just couldn't come up with the winner when needed.

What just happened, LA?!

Close but no cigar. The Kings season ends.

You called it exactly, Ally. Battled for 2 Overtimes but just couldn't come up with the winner when needed.

The physical games against St.Louis and San Jose eventually took their toll on the Kings . That's not by any means making excuses but certainly, it had an effect on the Kings overall play against an excellent Hawks team. That said, the Kings have absolutely nothing to be ashamed about and without a doubt, I expect them to be back in the hunt next season.

The Bruins have been in the Stanley Cup Finals 16 times since the NHL formed in 1927 winning 5 of them in 1929,1941,1970,1972 and 2011. They have never faced the Blackhawks in any of the 16 Stanley Cup appearances...Should be one hell of a series...GO BRUINS

10774_10201246117664844_2138467480_n.jpg

The Bruins have been in the Stanley Cup Finals 16 times since the NHL formed in 1927 winning 5 of them in 1929,1941,1970,1972 and 2011. They have never faced the Blackhawks in any of the 16 Stanley Cup appearances...Should be one hell of a series...GO BRUINS

10774_10201246117664844_2138467480_n.jpg

Yay!

1979 was the last original six final. It went 7 and the Canadiens beat the Blackhawks and Stan Makita. One of those great Montreal teams of the 60's and 70's. Beating Montreal in those days took an act of God. I think the one sure bet in this series is GOALTENDING WILL NOT DECIDE IT. Crawford I would rate slightly better than Rask but not enough for it to be a difference maker. I just think Chicago has more weapons. Have beaten better teams to get there. Are battle tested as is Boston. But Chicago has better forwards. Kane, Teowes, Sharp, Hossa, are the type of snipers Boston just does not have. Boston may have an edge in the physical end of it, but not enough to really matter IMO> Pittsburgh's collapse was of epic proportion and shocking to say the least. I have seen Boston fall to average teams far too often for them to put any fear in me but I cannot say that of Chicago. And yes, my own Sabres played the Bruins quite well, beating them at least twice to my recollection. There are no great goalies in this series. Quick was better than either. When it comes down to special teams and taking apart a defense, Chicago is the best team in the league at that right now. Vancouver could have been if not for a chain of events that left them on the outside. I like Chicago to win this in 5.

Does anyone remember who scored the Cup winner in 1979? The game was game 7 and it went to OT if you can imagine. I do believe. Maybe Yvonne Cornoyer? Lamaire?

I was wrong. It was the series between the Rangers and Montreal. Old format. 4-1 Canadiens and I think the Rangers had won game one. That classic 7 game series between Montreal and Chicago was earlier than that. And I do believe it went to OT in game 7. The Hawks had Makita, and I believe Bobby Hull was still there?

Its great for the NHL to have 2 of the original 6 hockey teams squaring off in the Stanley Cup Finals should be a great series and one hell of a battle of the two best teams in hockey right now...

I am bummed I have to work Wednesday night! The funny part is, the clients I have booked for this night are men, yes, men (in certain job markets)take care of their skin also.

I am hoping they cancel!! Haha

Does anyone remember who scored the Cup winner in 1979? The game was game 7 and it went to OT if you can imagine. I do believe. Maybe Yvonne Cornoyer? Lamaire?

I was wrong. It was the series between the Rangers and Montreal. Old format. 4-1 Canadiens and I think the Rangers had won game one. That classic 7 game series between Montreal and Chicago was earlier than that. And I do believe it went to OT in game 7. The Hawks had Makita, and I believe Bobby Hull was still there?

1971 Rick. The Hawks had a 2-0 lead near the end of the 2nd period in game 7 when Lemaire hit a shot from centre ice that somehow, eluded Tony Esposito that allowed the Habs back into the game. Henri Richard scored two third period goals for the Habs and that was it.

1971 Rick. The Hawks had a 2-0 lead near the end of the 2nd period in game 7 when Lemaire hit a shot from centre ice that somehow, eluded Tony Esposito that allowed the Habs back into the game. Henri Richard scored two third period goals for the Habs and that was it.

That was a series and game for the ages. And they managed to beat Cherry's Bruins in close fashion. I hate Montreal. Well, we dont have to worrry about them any more.

Archived