The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

a-bear-roaring2.jpg

They looked really good last night ! Completely shut down the Hawks and dominated them along the boards. I still think this series is far from over but Chicago will have to show a willingness to work much harder than they have in the last two games

Forgive me for intruding on the hockey thread, but the Bruins would be quite the feel good story if they were to win it all, am I correct on that? Also, it would be their 2nd cup in the last two years if my info is correct. Can't say I'm actively rooting for the Bruins, but I'm all for "feel good" stories. Boston strong!

:slapshot:

They looked really good last night ! Completely shut down the Hawks and dominated them along the boards. I still think this series is far from over but Chicago will have to show a willingness to work much harder than they have in the last two games

I am taking one game at a time..the Bruins looked good last night and will have to play even better next game...Chicago will come out flying next game...

Forgive me for intruding on the hockey thread, but the Bruins would be quite the feel good story if they were to win it all, am I correct on that? Also, it would be their 2nd cup in the last two years if my info is correct. Can't say I'm actively rooting for the Bruins, but I'm all for "feel good" stories. Boston strong!

well said Paul they are 2 games away from winning again and it wont be easy but I like their chances...Rick is just pissed cause the sabres didnt even make the playoffs...

:slapshot:

The Bruins will be making a big big mistake if they think Rask is a world class goalie and is worth signing to big bucks. Big mistake. I have seen him enough to know how streaky he is. Thomas is better than him and so are 5 or 6 others. He is NOT the reason they are still playing.

To this point at least, he's got to be considered a favorite to win the Conn Smythe. That said, I'm not sure if I agree or disagree with Rick's opinion of him. He's been great this playoff year but he has been streaky in the past but with the way the Bruins play defence, even Roberto Luongo would look good in a Bruins uniform :lol:

Looking good for Boston. I'm on the road and will probably miss the game tonight.

But so will many hockey fans who don't have the right cable package. Is NBC trying to kill hockey? What the fuck! Why isn't every Stanley Cup Final game on NBC? Or at least the weekend games. I don't have that NBC Sports Channel that they've relegated the Stanley Cup to...nor do a lot of other people I know. I've gotta go to a sports bar or restaurant to watch the games. Thanks for nothing NBC! :mad:

Do not count Chicago out because its 2-1 for God's sake.

I'm a Blackhawk diehard, and before this series started I predicted the Blackhawks would lose the series 4-2.

I am disappointed with the way Jonathon Toews has played throughout the playoffs. Many of my friends say Toews is a top 10 player in the NHL, and I don't see that at all.

Fact is, Boston's top players are playing well, and the Blackhawks top players, namely Toews & Kane, are nowhere to be found! Patrick Sharp, Duncan Keith and Marian Hossa are Blackhawk stars that are playing decent. It hurt not having Hossa for game 3. IMO, the top players for Chicago this series have been Patrick Sharp, Andrew Shaw and Corey Crawford.

For the Blackhawks to win tonight's game they must avoid stupid penalties. Bolland should be benched after the way he played Monday night. Bolland had two huge penalties called on him during game 3 - one which resulted in a Bruin's goal. And he also turned the puck over deep in the Blackhawk's zone, which resulted in another goal by Daniel Paille.

What can the Blackhawks do about Bergeron, Merchand, Krejci, Lucic, Jagr and Horton? Deciding the outcome of this series, I thought the Bruins were the team with more offensive talent - they score, are fast, they defend and they play physical, and I'm just talking about the Bruin's offensive players. I Haven't mentioned their defensive studs - Chara, Seidenberg, Ference, Boychuk or McQuaid.

The Bruins will be making a big big mistake if they think Rask is a world class goalie and is worth signing to big bucks. Big mistake. I have seen him enough to know how streaky he is. Thomas is better than him and so are 5 or 6 others. He is NOT the reason they are still playing.

you are out of your mind they will sign him with no hesitation...they say opinions are like assholes..he has shut out the last night

Damn, whoever or maybe both of these teams will be dialing Luongo and Miller's numbers after this one. Series I mean. Two darn good teams with good goalies. Not great

There isn't one great goalie in NHL! Rask and Crawford are both top 10 goalies.

There isn't one great goalie in NHL! Rask and Crawford are both top 10 goalies.

There is not one great goalie? Are you for real? Miller, Lundquist, Luongo, Quick, Anderson, Fluery, are all great and better than these two. Now Crawford has made some really great ones but given up some shitty ones too. No Vezina Trophies in the building fella. And these classless drunken Irishmen are almost as bad as the damned french. Almost.

INTERFERENCE ON THAT FUCKING GOON UPCHUCK!!!!! :mad::mad::mad: AND THEN A TRIP. DIRTY AND AS USUAL THEY GET AWAY WITH IT. FLYERS NORTH

That was not interference on Boychuk!

There isn't one goalie in this NHL that could be considered great. Luongo is not great. Lundquist, maybe three years ago could have been considered great. Every goalie in this NHL has his issues. I thought Quick was the best, but after the Blackhawk series I think otherwise.

That was not interference on Boychuk!

There isn't one goalie in this NHL that could be considered great. Luongo is not great. Lundquist, maybe three years ago could have been considered great. Every goalie in this NHL has his issues. I thought Quick was the best, but after the Blackhawk series I think otherwise.

Its in the fucking net!!!!! SCOOOOOOOORE CHICAGO!!!!!!!!!!!!1 LOVE IT BABY!!!!!

Archived