The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

The Blackhawks scratched and clawed tonight. They were on the attack offensively throughout. Although they need to be better with the puck, and be better on the defensive side.

They go back to the Untied Center tied 2-2. I anticipate the Blackhawks winning game 5 on Saturday.

Crawford's glove hand looked very weak last night. I wouldn't be suprised if Emery get's the start

Crawford's glove hand looked very weak last night. I wouldn't be suprised if Emery get's the start

As long as they come at Rask in droves I think they can win on offense. This has turned into an offensive series. Almost with an AHL type feel to it. I was at an 8-7 game once. The first live game I ever attended in 1968. The Quebec Aces beat the Rochester Americans 8-7 and I was hooked on hockey ever since. I like Chicago to win this series because they have more pure stars, snipers than Boston. They have better skill players. Boston relies on physical play and good teamwork. They do not have a guy in Teowes or Kane's class that can just take a game over. Or even Sharp or Hossa. Crawford has been great at times and horrific at others. I think Emery is too much of a risk. He played for Ottawa for years. Boston knows him very well. And they have faired well against him. They need Ryan Miller but they dont have him. He is the Boston killer. Teowes is going to win this damn series.

As long as they come at Rask in droves I think they can win on offense. This has turned into an offensive series. Almost with an AHL type feel to it. I was at an 8-7 game once. The first live game I ever attended in 1968. The Quebec Aces beat the Rochester Americans 8-7 and I was hooked on hockey ever since. I like Chicago to win this series because they have more pure stars, snipers than Boston. They have better skill players. Boston relies on physical play and good teamwork. They do not have a guy in Teowes or Kane's class that can just take a game over. Or even Sharp or Hossa. Crawford has been great at times and horrific at others. I think Emery is too much of a risk. He played for Ottawa for years. Boston knows him very well. And they have faired well against him. They need Ryan Miller but they dont have him. He is the Boston killer. Teowes is going to win this damn series.

Yeah, they'll probably start Crawford but if he lets in a couple of weak ones, I'm sure we'll see Emery. Not sure I agree about the Bruins not having as much firepower as the Hawks. Both teams are loaded in that department . However, I can't see the Bruins forwards giving those Hawk snipers anywhere near the room they gave them last night and I'm sure the Hawks will try to tighten up in that department too so, I'm expecting a rather low scoring affair in game 5 with the winner, going on to take the cup in game 6

Yeah, they'll probably start Crawford but if he lets in a couple of weak ones, I'm sure we'll see Emery. Not sure I agree about the Bruins not having as much firepower as the Hawks. Both teams are loaded in that department . However, I can't see the Bruins forwards giving those Hawk snipers anywhere near the room they gave them last night and I'm sure the Hawks will try to tighten up in that department too so, I'm expecting a rather low scoring affair in game 5 with the winner, going on to take the cup in game 6

Well, it could go 7. Very good chance.

Don't bet on this happening!

I don't know about that Amstel. I saw the look on his teammates faces when he let in a couple of those goals and you could tell they were frustrated with him. The Hawks had their best game of the series last night and need to continue the momentum. I can't see Quennville sticking with Crawford if he waves at pucks again

I don't know about that Amstel. I saw the look on his teammates faces when he let in a couple of those goals and you could tell they were frustrated with him. The Hawks had their best game of the series last night and need to continue the momentum. I can't see Quennville sticking with Crawford if he waves at pucks again

The defense of the Blackhawks has a lot to do with some of those goals Crawford gave up. Too many times this series someone from the Blackhawks has turned the puck over deep in their zone. It happened with Bolland Monday night, when Paille scored, and it happened numerous times last night. It would also help if a Blackhawk player would put a Bruin player on their ass instead of letting them dance around with the puck. And what was Oduya doing last night on that one goal? A Bruin player rifled one toward the net, and instead of Oduya getting in the way to block the shot, he dove to the ice. Oduya has to stay upright and try to block that shot! Instead, Oduya dives on the ice and Crawford gives up the goal.

The defense of the Blackhawks has a lot to do with some of those goals Crawford gave up. Too many times this series someone from the Blackhawks has turned the puck over deep in their zone. It happened with Bolland Monday night, when Paille scored, and it happened numerous times last night. It would also help if a Blackhawk player would put a Bruin player on their ass instead of letting them dance around with the puck. And what was Oduya doing last night on that one goal? A Bruin player rifled one toward the net, and instead of Oduya getting in the way to block the shot, he dove to the ice. Oduya has to stay upright and try to block that shot! Instead, Oduya dives on the ice and Crawford gives up the goal.

You`re right, Chicago`s defencemen and forwards will need to be prepared to block far more shots that they have so far. It`s just that last night, it was pretty obvious that the Bruins were attempting to shoot glove side on Crawford and the results were pretty damn good for them. I suspect Crawford will start game 5 but as I said, if he wiffs at the puck like he did last night, I don`t think the Hawks will hesitate to pull him

Well in case you have not heard, Lindy Ruff new coach of Dallas Stars

i heard he was in the running for the Dallas job .He`s a great coach and I`m happy for him but I wish Gillis had interviewed him for the Canucks job. At the moment, the two front runners seem to be Stevens from LA and ...cough, cough, Torts :tears:

i heard he was in the running for the Dallas job .He`s a great coach and I`m happy for him but I wish Gillis had interviewed him for the Canucks job. At the moment, the two front runners seem to be Stevens from LA and ...cough, cough, Torts :tears:

I hope its not Torts. Only thing worse could be Keenan. I wish Lindy well, but how ironic is this? The team we lose to in the finals in 99. Let Hull show his face in the locker room and Lindy will take him out.

Hey thanks for this news 77. Lindy will make the Stars a competitor

I love the man and always will. I have nothing but respect for him and I will cheer for Dallas except when they play the Sabres. When that game comes it will be very tough for Lindy. He gave his heart and soul and life to this place.

Not only is Lindy going to coach Dallas, Danny Briere is being released by the Flyers. I wonder if the Sabres will take him back? those he was mad at are gone. New owner. Would he click with Vanek again? If he accepts a fair offer, maybe we grab him use our top picks and trade the others and build a fucking monster.

Not only is Lindy going to coach Dallas, Danny Briere is being released by the Flyers. I wonder if the Sabres will take him back? those he was mad at are gone. New owner. Would he click with Vanek again? If he accepts a fair offer, maybe we grab him use our top picks and trade the others and build a fucking monster.

If the price was right, Briere could be a nice fit for a lot of clubs

If the price was right, Briere could be a nice fit for a lot of clubs

He played his best hockey in Buffalo by far. He has no problem with the new management. Only question is, would Darcy take him back? Maybe to Dallas to join Lindy? I still cant believe Lindy will coach Dallas. I wish him the best for sure.

Oh man, looks like Tortorella is going to be your coach Ally. Vancouver has offered him the job.

No official announcement yet but yeah, it sounds as if it's a done deal :thumbdown:

I do not like it either. What the fuck is going on with Gillis? I wonder who gets run out of town first, Gillis or Darcy? Ha

It'll be interesting to see how Tortorella handles the media here because unlike New York, where the Rangers are third page news in the sports section, the Canucks are front page news year round. Gillis was on a local sports radio show yesterday and said that he had that discusion with Torts . I'll tell you what, if he pulls the same crap here as he did in New York, both he and Gillis will be run out of town. Another thing worth mentioning, is ownerships involvement in all of this. Just as they did with the Luongo contract, the Aquilini family are sticking their noses in on this decision too and as is usually the case , when ownership starts involving themselves in the day to day operation of a club, things tend to go south in a hurry. My prediction is that both Gillis and Torts will be gone by Xmas

It'll be interesting to see how Tortorella handles the media here because unlike New York, where the Rangers are third page news in the sports section, the Canucks are front page news year round. Gillis was on a local sports radio show yesterday and said that he had that discusion with Torts . I'll tell you what, if he pulls the same crap here as he did in New York, both he and Gillis will be run out of town. Another thing worth mentioning, is ownerships involvement in all of this. Just as they did with the Luongo contract, the Aquilini family are sticking their noses in on this decision too and as is usually the case , when ownership starts involving themselves in the day to day operation of a club, things tend to go south in a hurry. My prediction is that both Gillis and Torts will be gone by Xmas

I hope he is gone and that the Canucks can stay in the race at the same time. But not sure if that is possible

I think Tortorella will be great in Vancouver. I. Am really looking forward to him as our new head coach. The sports media are wimps out here so they hate this . Maybe they need to stop asking stupid questions

Welcome to Vancouver Johnny!!!

I hope he is gone and that the Canucks can stay in the race at the same time. But not sure if that is possible

He'll be dealing with a veteran team who unless there are some major changes to the core, have pretty much had their way with things. That tells me that only two things can happen. Either they go all the way with Torts or they fail to make the playoffs all together. There will be no in between and I can tell you, the fans in Vancouver are not going to accept not making the playoffs. I'll stick with my earlier prediction...gone by Xmas

Archived