The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Brian Burke. If he takes the job you'll have the cup within 3 yrs.

He won't be able to perform miracles. You know how many people have been hailed as the savior to the Maple leafs over the years? A long list. And none panned out.

Burke is just coming here for family reasons and then professional reasons. When you work for the leafs you have to listen to the suits at the top. And their number one goal is making money. Scotty Bowman wanted to come to Toronto. he said he would as long as he had final say on what players came or were traded away. He wanted full control over the on ice part of the team with no interference. The leafs said "see ya". That says it all. They told one of the great hockey minds in the history of the NHL to take a hike. :o

Brian Burke will have handcuffs put on him. if he wants to make a killer trade he will have to ask the suits first who know nothing.

The leafs are a 500 team at best. They win one they lose one. They win two they lose 2. 500 hockey.

Don't get me wrong they are more exciting to watch but the results will be the same.

He won't be able to perform miracles. You know how many people have been hailed as the savior to the Maple leafs over the years? A long list. And none panned out.

Burke is just coming here for family reasons and then professional reasons. When you work for the leafs you have to listen to the suits at the top. And their number one goal is making money. Scotty Bowman wanted to come to Toronto. he said he would as long as he had final say on what players came or were traded away. He wanted full control over the on ice part of the team with no interference. The leafs said "see ya". That says it all. They told one of the great hockey minds in the history of the NHL to take a hike. :o

Brian Burke will have handcuffs put on him. if he wants to make a killer trade he will have to ask the suits first who know nothing.

The leafs are a 500 team at best. They win one they lose one. They win two they lose 2. 500 hockey.

Don't get me wrong they are more exciting to watch but the results will be the same.

He won't take the job if those conditions are attatched. He could go elsewhere and still be close to his family. Boston comes to mind, Philly too

Hi Spats:

Well...I think I need to change my cheer after last night's game against Boston....How's this?...

:yay: WIN LEAFS WIN :yay:

One of these predictions will come true. Sabres beat the Flyers tonight, or, TV set lands on pavement from one story building.

:D You'll need to fly to LA and book a room at the Riot House to do that.

I suspect Yukon is out buying a new TV tonight. :slapface:

We got Philly next week:Wed the 26th at home and Fri the 28th at Philly. <_<

Weird scheduling this year,eh?

Very weird scheduling ! Vancouver played in Long Island, MSG , and then made a trip west to Minny before heading back east to Pittsburgh. WTF :D

Yes my GO LEAFS GO cheer has not only jinxed them... it appears to be a curse that is still holdng on..Last night they lost to The Sens in a shoot out....

This Sat they play Philadelphia...I'll try a tough love approch...

:angry: GO LEAFS GO...MAKE MY DAY :angry:

Hope they beat Philly. How about those Sabres beating the Penguins? Back on track. I like the schedule in December. A chance for the Sabres to pick up alot of points. Would love to beat Montreal tomorrow. I see they got shut out in Washington. I dont get this Sundin thing. Time is running out on him making any kind of a legitimate return. I say he should just retire or make up his damn mind. Lastly they need to change the rules. Its obvious many times this year the puck is in the net but they dont have the balls to call it a goal because they cant see the puck. If you know the puck is under the damn goalie's skate, and his skate is in the net, then do the math. Its a goal! Why should teams get punished for this equipment being too big? The Sabres had one against Pittsburgh tonight that was in the net. But they didnt have the guts to call it a goal. That plus the fact the refs and the league do everything they can to help Crosby. Their darling golden boy.

Hey man ! How about a Canucks Sabres Lord Stanley Final !!!! We should make a friendly wager on that, say, Bottle of Red, Bottle of White :D

Hold on to your hat Leaf fans. Hiring Brian Burke is the smartest thing the Leafs have done in years. It may take him a little while to sort things out but you've now got a GM who will work with his coach and the players. It will be his way or the highway for anyone who doesn't buy into his methods.

Yes my GO LEAFS GO cheer has not only jinxed them... it appears to be a curse that is still holdng on..Last night they lost to The Sens in a shoot out....

This Sat they play Philadelphia...I'll try a tough love approch...

:angry: GO LEAFS GO...MAKE MY DAY :angry:

...It worked...They won..... :toast:

Hold on to your hat Leaf fans. Hiring Brian Burke is the smartest thing the Leafs have done in years. It may take him a little while to sort things out but you've now got a GM who will work with his coach and the players. It will be his way or the highway for anyone who doesn't buy into his methods.

He is such a breath of fresh air. Usually the media hover around these management guys like sharks but during the presser they only asked like three or four questions. Burke is a no nonsense guy, an experienced, eloquent leader who can take your head off if a debate doesn't change your mind. I'm really we finally have him on board. I just may see a Stanley Cup in my lifetime! (No pressure, Burke)

Montreal sucks cock!! Lucky. They aint shit. We will go on a roll starting on Monday. Last I checked the Leafs were up on Philly. Hope they hold on. Blow Habs Blow.

lol it was just one game! What are you like during playoffs, YC? The Habs have taken a nosedive and while that pleases me, nothing makes me happier than star-studded Ottawa sucking so badly. Let me amend your slogan - Blow Sens Blow! We beat Philly on Burke's first game as our GM, but I expect a house cleaning sooner or later. We want that Tavares kid in the draft. Anyway, Vanek's the real deal. Good luck tonight. Cheers, P

p.s. watch that blood pressure, eh? :D

He is such a breath of fresh air. Usually the media hover around these management guys like sharks but during the presser they only asked like three or four questions. Burke is a no nonsense guy, an experienced, eloquent leader who can take your head off if a debate doesn't change your mind. I'm really we finally have him on board. I just may see a Stanley Cup in my lifetime! (No pressure, Burke)

lol it was just one game! What are you like during playoffs, YC? The Habs have taken a nosedive and while that pleases me, nothing makes me happier than star-studded Ottawa sucking so badly. Let me amend your slogan - Blow Sens Blow! We beat Philly on Burke's first game as our GM, but I expect a house cleaning sooner or later. We want that Tavares kid in the draft. Anyway, Vanek's the real deal. Good luck tonight. Cheers, P

p.s. watch that blood pressure, eh? :D

Enjoy the ride Patrycja. His teams alway's play hard and are exciting to watch. He won't brake the bank either. It won't be the quick fix approach as I see the Leafs being contenders for the long haul with him. However, you can expect moves to be made and it should make for an interesting 2nd half of the season.

Enjoy the ride Patrycja. His teams alway's play hard and are exciting to watch. He won't brake the bank either. It won't be the quick fix approach as I see the Leafs being contenders for the long haul with him. However, you can expect moves to be made and it should make for an interesting 2nd half of the season.

Thanks, Ally :) Sure is nice to have a hopeful feeling after all those lean years of futility under Ballard. Rumour has it Burke's going to bring in Nonis - he of super trade that brought Luongo to Vancouver fame. That one seems to have worked out well for you!

The best part is that Burke will not have to report to that douchebag Ferengi-toothed Richard Peddie. I loathe him. He should work for the Sens.

Good luck tonight! :thumbsup::slapshot:

Thanks, Ally :) Sure is nice to have a hopeful feeling after all those lean years of futility under Ballard. Rumour has it Burke's going to bring in Nonis - he of super trade that brought Luongo to Vancouver fame. That one seems to have worked out well for you!

The best part is that Burke will not have to report to that douchebag Ferengi-toothed Richard Peddie. I loathe him. He should work for the Sens.

Good luck tonight! :thumbsup::slapshot:

Cheers ! No doubt Nonis will be in Toronto. Burke groomed him while he was in Vancouver. I hope Peddie does stay out of the way as it was a conflict with Orca Bay president Stan McCammon that led to Burke leaving the Canucks. BTW, I think Nonis got a raw deal in Vancouver. He's a good man and a perfect fit. Believe me, it won't just be an on ice improvement that you'll see. The club as a whole will be much better run.

Archived