The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

I've always rated the guy so yeah, I think he'll be a nice fit on what appears to be a bit of a new look Canucks team. Actually, even though we haven't signed any so called "big name" players to date, I'm pretty happy with all the FA players we have signed. I still think we'll be involved in another trade or two as well so... watch that ticker on Sports Center ;)

So far they are the same Canucks unless more moves are made. Except now there is no goalie controversy with Schneider gone. It makes you wonder if Broduer has told them his intentions behind closed doors in Jersey? Maybe he is to retire? Vancouver still has the Sedins and Kesler but they also have some guys you were sure they would unload right? I mean like Booth and that defenseman? Edler? I do not see my team making any moves now on defense as they landed the two best defensemen available in the draft to go with Erhoff and Myers and now they have Tallinder as a stay home type guy. They have McBain who I have heard good things about, and of course Sekera is gone in part of the trade. I like the depth chart I see on paper as long as Miller and Vanek are still here. If so, I think we will be far better than people think. Expecially the so called experts in Philly. Good lluck with Mason and fucking Emery. I see a revolving door scenario with a GM trying to pull what hair he has left out of his numb skull. Minnesota landed Cooke. Yes, that dirty Cooke from Pittsburgh. So I wonder what plans they have for him? Now he will make enemies in the West. Its going to be interesting seeing Detroit and Colombus in the East. We are playing Colombus two or three times in pre season. They are an up an coming team. They just missed out and I expect them to be tough to play against.

So far they are the same Canucks unless more moves are made. Except now there is no goalie controversy with Schneider gone. It makes you wonder if Broduer has told them his intentions behind closed doors in Jersey? Maybe he is to retire? Vancouver still has the Sedins and Kesler but they also have some guys you were sure they would unload right? I mean like Booth and that defenseman? Edler?

Even though Edler's no trade clause has kicked in, it's my understanding that the Canucks are still looking to trade him. Obviously he'd have to agree to the move but I don't think we've heard the last of this one. Booth, if he's not traded, may end up being our second compliance buyout.

I've always rated the guy so yeah, I think he'll be a nice fit on what appears to be a bit of a new look Canucks team. Actually, even though we haven't signed any so called "big name" players to date, I'm pretty happy with all the FA players we have signed. I still think we'll be involved in another trade or two as well so... watch that ticker on Sports Center ;)

With the Kings' salary cap issues, I was prepared to see Richardson go, and am more upset at losing Scuderi to the Penguins. That's a hole in our defense that I'm not sure getting Jeff Schultz will fill. Although to be fair, I didn't watch any Washington Caps games, so cannot really judge Schultz's playing ability at this point. He is big, I'll give him that.

The Kings salary cap woes will also likely cost them Dustin Penner, which will really hurt. Ouch.

With the Kings' salary cap issues, I was prepared to see Richardson go, and am more upset at losing Scuderi to the Penguins. That's a hole in our defense that I'm not sure getting Jeff Schultz will fill. Although to be fair, I didn't watch any Washington Caps games, so cannot really judge Schultz's playing ability at this point. He is big, I'll give him that.

The Kings salary cap woes will also likely cost them Dustin Penner, which will really hurt. Ouch.

I understand the frustration ! The new cap will force most clubs to either, forget about resigning some of their free agents or, force them to trade players to accomodate signing anyone new. The Canucks are definitely one of those clubs .

With the Kings' salary cap issues, I was prepared to see Richardson go, and am more upset at losing Scuderi to the Penguins. That's a hole in our defense that I'm not sure getting Jeff Schultz will fill. Although to be fair, I didn't watch any Washington Caps games, so cannot really judge Schultz's playing ability at this point. He is big, I'll give him that

Dude, go shine your damn Cup, stop whining, and check back in 30 years. :lol:

Any of my hockey fans here see the new divisions and schedule? We play two games against some of the West teams. One home and one away. Yet the other division team in the East we only see 3 times. For instance, the Sabres only see the Flyers 3 times, unlike 4 minimum in the past. We now have Detroit in our division. We open their. Miller vs his brother. On the 28th Dallas comes in with Lindy Ruff Zepscoda. That will be a very strange night in Buffalo. That one will sell out fast. I may go see Detroit. I have never seen them live. I have been to tons of games and try and see different teams every time. I have seen most, including Dallas, and have seen Boston the most and then maybe the Devils.

Go see the schedules at any major site like NHL.com or CBS sportsline or ESPN.

Archived