The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Hahahaha :lol: Now that was funny!

Thanks for that one Patty :D

Cheers, Rorer :D It's funny 'cause it's true.

Sooo, you have your old (and our castoff) coach back, hmm? How's that working for you? Weird that the other guy got the hook. I mean, didn't they fire Maurice because he lost the room?

Good luck with the season, Rorer, except of course when you play us. Cheers! P

edit: Rorer can explain it well enough ;):P

Cheers, Rorer :D It's funny 'cause it's true.

Sooo, you have your old (and our castoff) coach back, hmm? How's that working for you? Weird that the other guy got the hook. I mean, didn't they fire Maurice because he lost the room?

Good luck with the season, Rorer, except of course when you play us. Cheers! P

edit: Rorer can explain it well enough ;):P

Well we did beat The Washington Russians the other night!We needed those 2 points :lol:

Maurice did take us to the Cup!...only to be whipped by the Wings though.We'll see how he handles this team.

Well it was only 4-2 but we are on the rise. the refs took one sure goal away so it should have been 5-2 but it matters not. Get ready you Leafs fans. Friday night you have a date with the devil! And his name is Thomas Vanek. ALL TOGETHER NOW:

LETS GO BUFF A LO!!!!!!!!

Admit it, Yukon, you must've sweat just a little when the Bolts went up 2-0, no? Nice of them to tenderize your team for us :D . The only thing I really dislike about Buffalo games is your announcer. Every goal it's like you won the Cup. Reminds me of those South American soccer announcers: go-go-goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-go-go-go-goooooooooooooooooal! lol

Yeah, Vanek's pretty awesome

Well it was only 4-2 but we are on the rise. the refs took one sure goal away so it should have been 5-2 but it matters not. Get ready you Leafs fans. Friday night you have a date with the devil! And his name is Thomas Vanek. ALL TOGETHER NOW:

LETS GO BUFF A LO!!!!!!!!

GO LEAFS GO...MAKE JULIET'S FRIDAY NIGHT :yesnod:

You may be right Yukon.

We lost in a shootout after being up 5-1.We got careless and complacent and let them back in the game.They took full advantage of it too!

Rorer, I gotta agree with Yukon about firing Laviolette. Paul Maurice really is a step backwards. The Canes' are a team that I expected to be in the playoffs but it seems they are going to struggle to do so if at all

Im sure there will be a nice contingent of Leafs fans there. I dont think its fair that when the Sabres set their pricing, according to the day of the week and the opponent, they made the Toronto games "platInum seating". They are ranked as followed, from most expensive to least, Platinum (only the Leafs games), Gold, (typically Sat and Fri night), Silver, Bronze and Value. I went to a value game against St Louis. It was on a Wed night and against a non hated opponent. The other game I have seats for, and great ones, between the blue line and goall down low, are for Phoenix on March 6th. I think its a Silver game. I paid $200 for two seats for that game. I got one ticket for St Louis for $67. The same seat on a platinum night against the leafs is well over $200! And that is for just one! They know that no matter what that the Toronto fans will buy up any tickets that are left and will pay any price. So I think they kind of screwed the Toronto fans. But I can never get a ticket to see a game in Toronto. I would love to see the Sabres play them there. Maybe next year Juliet or Patricia we can work somethiing out? Ill get the seats for Toronto in Buffalo and vise versa? I know I can get the tickets the day before they go on sale to the general public as Im a "Sabres insider" member. See ya Friday night. GO SABRES

I'm getting dizzy reading your post..gold, blue,...Sat...Fri...$200...$67...goodness...it's beyond me...

Wow...you are an insider.....sounds like The Sabres hockey game is more like a James Bond movie..Shall I call you Cornelius...Yukon Cornelius from now on??

Juliet :wave:

PS GO LEAFS GO.....MAKE ME PROUD.... :nhl:

Hey Yukon:

I would never rub you nose in the stunning Leaf victory last night...It was a great game..both teams played well...

I heard the announcer talk about the drop in sales at HSBC due to this platinum seating stuff...maybe they will re-evaluate that decision...

Juliet

Well Im surprized you havent posted yet to rub my nose in the 2-1 win over my Sabres. Im sure you shall chime in soon. Congrats. But I must say, your goalie was the reason you guys won.

What's up with Miller ? Saw the highlites and the winner was a bad one. Is he spending too much time in the nightclubs ?

Probably out clubbing with Trent Edwards (Bills quarterback). Things had better shape up soon. Im getting fed up. With what we are paying him he needs to do better. Still, cant blame the game last night on him. You are supposed to score more than one goal against Toronto who is in the rebuilding process. We had great chances but their goalie played great. Robbed us blind on a couple but Stafford missed an empty net too.

I agree, it wasn't his fault for the loss. The open net miss was , what else can you say, a lack of concentration I guess. Same with Miller too. You know I'm a Sabres fan Yukon. Miller seems a little rattled for some reason

Well we just got a monster of a win in New Jersey. Go figure this team? Lose to the Leafs and go in and spank the ?Devils. Maybe Lalime will get some more time now. He played well. Even though the Sabres outplayed them and had way more chances. Two more for Vanek. GO SABRES!!!!!

Final: Sabres 4 New Jersey 2 yeah!!!!!

Sorry about the double post. Having problems with the server

Maybe Millers problem is that he isn't seriously being pushed by Lalime. Maybe he's feeling a tad too confident because that. Good win though.

Rorer, I gotta agree with Yukon about firing Laviolette. Paul Maurice really is a step backwards. The Canes' are a team that I expected to be in the playoffs but it seems they are going to struggle to do so if at all

I'm starting to believe it myself. :(

I'm starting to believe it myself. :(

They're like so many teams in the league and Vancouver is no different. No club can afford to be below .500 for any kind of a long stretch and expect to make up ground. Your not alone

The Sabres need to put in a run starting at home Wed against the Devils. No excuse for them not to beat the Kings Friday and then I am looking to give Montreal some payback on Sat. I am wondering if Tim Connelly will ever play again. He just is always injured and the Sabres arent saying much. I feel bad for him but wish they would just release him if he cant play and try and get someone else. Roy is starting to wake up. If we can get him and Vanek clicking with Pommenville we can put in a good run. I expect to pass Montreal. We need to play better at home. Hopefully this will be a good week? Hey Ally, how is Pyatt doing in Vancouver? I kind of wished the Sabres had kept him and dont know why they didnt?

When he's on his game he can dominate but he is still a little inconsistant. He's been talked about in trade talks but I wouldn't be too quick to let him go unless something real good is coming back and they can help now.

Well Patricia and Juliet must be on the way home from the Leafs game. Glad they beat the Devils. I hope we beat them tomorrow. Now Patricia, you musnt pick on Rick Jeanorette, our long time announcer. He is one of the most respected announcers in the league and a great guy. And of course he is Canadien. Hey, Buffalo is the only American city that plays the Canadien anthem even if no canadien team is playing in Buffalo that night. I dont know if you ever got to hear the late great Dan Kelly call a game? He was great. He was the voice of the St Louis Blues but also did the national broadcasts including most of the historic games between Boston when they had Bobby Orr and Montreal when they had Beleveau and Lamiere and Savard and the rest. GO SABRES!!!!!!!!

I remember Dan Kelly well Yukon. He called two of the most famous goals in hockey history. Orr's famous goal to win the cup in 70 and Gretzky to Lemieux in the final game of the Canada Cup against the Russians in 87.Kelly was one of the greats along with my number 1. Danny Gallivan in Montreal and 2. Jim Robson in Vancouver. Flip a coin between the three of them. Nobody even close these day's with the possible exception of Chris Cuthbert who is now with TSN and formerly Hockey Night In Canada.

Stinking Ducks. Quack. They put 19 lousy shots on net against the Rangers who are giving up goals like Xmas cookies? They didnt show up. Thanks for nothing you stinking Ducks. Ill bet the Kings give them more trouble. The Rangers have gone into the tank along with Montreal. Need teams to take advantage. I cant wait til my Sabres sink their teeth into their asses. And hey Ally, have you ever heard Rick Jeanerette call a game? Sabres announcer for over 30 yrs. One of his famous lines is "he scores! Top shelf where mama hides the cookies!"

Yeah, I have and he is a good one. I just haven't heard him call a game on a regular basis. The ones that I listed are household names in Canada and called games for a very long time and did so many historical games over the years. The one that I left out was Foster Hewitt. The first NHL announcer and the voice of the Leafs. He pioneered the art but was retired for most of my NHL listening day's.

He did return to call the Canada / Russia Summit Series in 72. His call of Paul Henderson's, series winning goal will be ingrained in every Canadians memory forever. Every sport has it's great announcers but they are few and far between these day's, at least on a national level. Even the NFL hasn't fully replaced Summerall & Madden

You would be very impressed if you heard Rick Jeanerette work a game. He is fabulous. Of course Harry Neil has replaced Jim Lorentz who was the analyst for years, as he retired sadly. I always liked him. Though he won the cup with Orr and Esposito's Bruins he then played with the French connection (Perrault, Martin and Robert) and of course played on a line with Stanfield and Dudley for the Sabres in 1975 when they should have won the Cup. He was always a Sabre at heart. Harry Neil and Rick Jeanoretter are making a nice team. Of course Mike Robataille also contributes, another with ties to Vancouver.

Harry Neil was great when he went from coaching to being an analyst. His partner in crime though, Bob Cole on the CBC, never made it with me. He had big footsteps to follow mind you. Harry was and is quite refreshing. He see's the game in very basic terms and calls it as he see's it. He's got a good sense of humour without being too hard on player's

Archived