The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Hey Yukon:

My Leafs lost last eve but I still liked that game because there's lots of goals scored by each team..

J :slapshot:

PS If I'm not mistaken I think there was a Marilyn Manson tune being played at one point...part of the instrumental section of Beautiful People....Correct me if I'm wrong

So the Canucks win the Sundin sweepstakes ! $10 million for 1/yr. We still have room under the cap to add another good player so I guess I have to say that they did a pretty good piece of buisness. I hope it all translates to success on the ice and it doesn't turn out to be like the Mark Messier fiasco.

Either way, it will pose a problem with the cap for next year with the Sedin sister's up for contract talks. The Canucks will have to make a decision as to who stay's.

Well Ally I guess this puts your team on the short list of contenders if he is up to speed. The Kings arrived in Buffalo yesterday so the game will be played. Will be interesting to see how many can get there? Snow all over.

It makes them a team that can go a couple of rounds in the playoffs barring injury's. They still need an offensive defenceman who is great on the power play. Salo can do a job but he's hurt too often.

Detroit and San Jose are still way ahead but if Luongo is healthy and sharp, who know's. I'm still reserving judgement though and not getting too excited. It looks good in theory but as we know, that doesn't win hockey games

Lindy must have benched a bunch of guys. Its now 5-0. Miller has played better than in a while. Iim sure Lalime will play tomorrow but he earned the right with the win in New Jersey last week. The Sabres are better on the road. We are going to take those pricks down tomorrow.

Well my man, I'll be rooting for the Sabres but the Habs are starting to put things together. It should be a playoff type game with lot's of physical play. I gotta find my TV schedule and a half sack of cold ones :D

Asshole officials couldnt call enough penalties against Buffalo tonight. The Sabres had this game. They give Montreal a free goal on a two man advantage for almost two minutes. Its bullshit. Then give them two power plays in OT> They dont call shit against Montreal. We are a better team than them. Period. Outplayed them and had double the scoring chances. Im sick of these refs fucking my team. We will take the point and beat the shit out of them when they come to Buffalo. Sekera played one of the best games Ive seen a defenseman play in a long time. Miller had plenty to complain about on the goal where the Montreal player interfered with him. I dont mind losing fair. But not to a bunch of fucking zebras. Ludman did blow the cover when we had the lead with 5 minutes to go. Should have helped Miller out. Into Lindys doghouse with his ass.

Is it really all that important? Some sport fans are really a weird bunch, blaming refs for a loss, swearing in the stands, getting drunk in the stands, getting too worked up over their team losing. At the end of the day, who really cares?

Don't know why JethroTull comes onto the NHL thread and starts talking shit about sports fans. Take a hike pal.

As for the game last night, it was close...but go HABS! Sorry Yukon :P

And congrats on the Sundin singing, ally! Is it enough for the Canucks though?

Don't know why JethroTull comes onto the NHL thread and starts talking shit about sports fans. Take a hike pal.

As for the game last night, it was close...but go HABS! Sorry Yukon :P

And congrats on the Sundin singing, ally! Is it enough for the Canucks though?

He'll certainly give them two solid scoring lines. He can fit in at centre or left wing and I think he'll enjoy playing here. Enough ? I don't think they can beat Detroit or San Jose without another real good offensive defenceman but they do have room under the cap to do so.

I've had the pleasure to know a couple of professional athletes. I also know people who have competed in high school and college programs. Athletes, rarely if ever, complain about the refereeing. Not only is it too much of a distraction during the heat of competition to get upset with a bad call, but a true athlete knows they have to get the job done on the field. Have you ever heard Cal Ripkin complain about a call. I don't think so. Complaining about a ref is a fan thing, who usually know nothing about competition. I'm not taking a hike, I've been a contributor of this site for almost one year (as opposed to 3 days) and deserve a bit of respect.

I'm sure Cal disputed some bad calls at the plate,Jethro Dull!This ain't the MLB thread. :rolleyes:

What have you got to contribute to this NHL thread?

I'm a New Jersey Devils fan. Attended game 4 of the 1995 Stanley Cup finals and watched the Devils put away Detroit in the clinching game.

Is it really all that important? Some sport fans are really a weird bunch, blaming refs for a loss, swearing in the stands, getting drunk in the stands, getting too worked up over their team losing. At the end of the day, who really cares?

Hi:

I went to a pre-season game and it was wilder than a rock concert...the booze..the peanut shells..the young men yelling comments like "Show Your.....there were guys in my row that spent most of the time going for beer...

There was one nice thing.. a guy held up a large banner that said "WILL YOU MARRY ME?" the banner was not for me but his girlfriend who was sitting on the other side of the areNA..It was still so nice..AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Juliet :coffee:

PS LEAFS ROCK ...YOU DID GOOD SAT EVE.... :cheer:

They are going to make me sweat as usual. Pittsburgh just got the power play. Miller needs to fucking win us one. We have beaten Pittsburgh two straight. Hope we can make it three. As I type Pittsburgh tied it. Fuck. Fucking Miller. I knew we would need another goal to win this. 3-3/

Think I should turn the channel? I hope I didn't jinx ya. :bagoverhead:

That was a mean high speed wrister!

Kills me how this dumb ass announcer says he thinks Buffalo and Carolina will battle all year for the 8 seed. Like Pittsburgh and Montreal who are only a couple of points ahead cant get caught? Idiots. I hope the Sabres and Carolina pass both of those teams. Montreal sucks. They are going to go down over the long haul. Just wait and see.

Yeah,that's pretty funny.Those announcers get on my nerves.

Sorry,I still think that I jinxed you.I kinda have that effect on games that I turn on in the middle of action. :o

Hi all,

How about 'dem BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

KB

They are a big strong team KB. Milan Lucic is a great player and being a Vancouver boy, I pay close attention to how he's doing. The Bruins have suprised me though. they are doing much better than I expected and are playing like the old Big Bad Bruins of the early seventies

Archived