The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

I'm convinced that he can do anything he wants, and if he wants the job when Hollands gone, then I'm sure he'll get it and be great at it. They might be grooming him, it's possible. I haven't heard much from it though. I'm not sure when exactly Holland is gonna take off, but I'm sure Yzerman will still be there for us

His work with the Canadian Olympic team will be a great test for him. If he can survive the scrutiny that will come with that job then he will view anything else he does as a piece of cake.

If the Phoenix Coyotes are in financial trouble now as I have read, it wont get better. They are playing very well. I see that franchise moving by next year. Hopefully to a Canadien city that will appreciate it or perhaps Kansas City? KC is trying to get a team I hear.

the second half starts tomorrow. By boys are in Edmonton. Ive got a bottle of Grey Goose L'Orange. Good thing my wife doesn't read this website. I see your boys are in NY to play the Rangers Mr Rorer. Hmmm, who do I cheer for? I guess it matters not at this stage of the game. I hope the Sabres pound the daylights out of Edmonton. They have Souray and I think they still have Cole? Or is he injured? Help me out with that one Ally. I havent seen them play this year. Only know they have been better on the road than at home. Kind of like the Sabres.

I think it was a joke the way Julien played his lines yesterday. Talk about favoritism. And he was double shifting like hell. In an All Star game. I thought the teams that lost the conferance finals the year before were supposed to have their coach lead the all star team?

Unless he has a recent injury that I'm not aware of, Cole is playing. It took him a little while to settle but he has been looking like his old self lately. The Oilers as a whole have been playing much better and will tough. The Sabres whole western road trip is a tough one Yukon

I cant stand how the league caters to him and Ovetchkin. Like Ovetchkin has any personality. Not. The Penguins are in trouble it appears though, I hope they continue to lose as it helps my Sabres. Bettman really does suck. He isnt liked in Buffalo too much and was booed out of the building. They think he should have disallowed Hull's Cup winning goal. Something we knew would never happen and in sports history, even when they get the call wrong and admit it, they never go back and do anything to fix the outcome of a game already played. By the rules of the day, the goal should not have counted as there was a player in the crease. That said, Dallas was a more talented team than the Sabres then. I know that the current Sabres are better than that team that somehow made it to the finals, and it wasnt all Hasek that got them there. Of course Hasek went on to win with your Red Wings. After flipping his Porsche in his native Prague, certainly good and drunk. Anyway, Bettman is probably considered to be the worst commisioner in sports now. But ESPN made a big mistake by not having a contract with the NHL. You couldnt pay me to watch an NBA game. I cant stand the NBA now. I watch hockey on VS and the Sabres on MSG. I dont watch ESPN anymore except for football.

No kidding! I've only been watching hockey a short time, but from what I've seen, everybody bows down to Crosby like he's a god. At least as bad as NASCAR with Dale Jr. Yeah, and what's everybody's obsession with Ovechkin? He strikes me as sort of a "Hulk smash!" type without too much in the brain department, but the media seems to eat it up. Then again, what do I know...

I enjoyed the All-Star game - it was a nice way to kick off my hockey-watching career with the shootout and everything, but I wish Lidstrom and Datsyuk could've been there. I think it's friggin' stupid to punish them and not Crosby.

So, Nick and Pavs get suspended for one game because they were injured and couldn't compete in the All-Star Game.

What a crock of horseshit. I swear, if Gary Bettman developed terminal cancer of the anus, I would not feel bad.

I didn't see that either. That is a crock ! Nothing Bettman does suprises me anymore..what a loser

Oh yeah, Crosby's definitely good, there's no denying that. (And I don't really know that much about Ovechkin, so I'll keep an eye on him and get some learnin'.) And you're right, every sport has to have their golden boy, but JEEZ, that just seems like such an obvious butt kiss. Oh well, you're right again - what can ya do?

Good yes. But another Gretsky no. He may not be able to save the Penguins? They have lost 9 of their last 12 in case nobody has noticed. And I bet a Pittsburgh fan on three things at the beginning of the season, 5 bucks each bet. First one, Im toast. Bills over Pittsburgh in wins. Second one, Sabres will finish ahead of Penguins. so far so good. Third one, I think a cinch, Vanek to score more goals than Crosby.
Probably not, but Crosby did single-handedly put the Penguins in the Stanley Cup last year. Yeah he had Malkin and Hossa, but Crosby was the best player on that team, bar none.

And I knew Detroit would make short work of them. The Flyers just cant seem to beat them. Its there jinx team. But the Flyers were a fluke to ever make it that far. The West will go through Detroit and maybe San Jose. Sleeper is Phoenix. The East is open and my boys have as good a shot as anyone. If they get in, they know how to beat everyone in there. Our jinx team is in big big trouble. That being Ottawa.

The Coyotes have been playing great lately, but they have a ways to go in front of them.

I've seen some shitty lists in my day but this one takes the cake

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_100_g...The_Hockey_News

Yzerman at 78? Bobby Hull nearly 60 numbers ahead of his son? Brett blew past his dad. And why is Eric Lindros even there??? I'm pissed off now so I'll talk to you guys later

I've seen some shitty lists in my day but this one takes the cake

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_100_g...The_Hockey_News

Yzerman at 78? Bobby Hull nearly 60 numbers ahead of his son? Brett blew past his dad. And why is Eric Lindros even there??? I'm pissed off now so I'll talk to you guys later

The rankings are alway's a matter of opinion. I do however think that Bobby Hull deserves to be way ahead of Brett on the list. Yzerman ? He should rank higher than #78 but he isn't in my top 20 as a player. He'd be in my top 30 though. Remember, I've been watching the NHL since 1962 and there have been many great ones in that time. Ranking Yzerman in my top 30 is no insult to him at all

Thank God the 5 days is over. Drop the puck and get it going! I need a hockey fix. Hockey returns tonight. GO SABRES!!!!!! :slapshot:

Yeah, my whole neighborhood has been in withdrawl mode :lol:

And lets hope Buffalo and Vancouver get better too!!!

Yeah ! You mentioned a while back that pre season expectations for the Canucks were limited to just making the playoffs. I have to agree with that. If someone asked me in Sept. if I'd be happy to see the Canucks in 6th or 7th place at this stage I'd have said yes. With Luongo having missed so many games, I think it's amazing that they are still in the hunt. Luongo will get better with a few games behind him and if we can get back to being tidy in our own end, I like our chances to turn things around

I have the same concerns with my Sabres. I emailed them and posted on the Buffalo News Sabres blog to trade Paille, Stafford, McArthur and Luman right now for a guy that can clear out the front of the net for Miller. Give a couple of guys in Portland a shot if necessary. One is up for tonight as Sekera is out. The wheeling and dealing should come soon. I hope we make a move. If they do, Ill see whoever they get at the game Ill be at March 6th against Gretsky and his boys.

I hear ya. Our team defence has been poor of late. We've got the guy's but they just have to start thinking about clearing the net and getting the puck out of our zone. All too often we seem to be reacting too late and taking dumb penalty's because of it. Can't win in this league doing that

They will make it. Philly loses tonight in Wash. I cant wait to play those chumps./

At least they don't unload all thier talent to save a buck! :buttsmack:

If they sign Peter Forsberg. They'll have the best centers in the league! :nhl:

We shall see. Your boys are in Florida tonight. And that isnt easy. Florida has improved.

Yes, very good defense. But they can't score enough to beat Philly! Go Flyers!!! :slapshot:

Need to go right now. Everyone have a great night!

Yukon !!! You were asking about Cory Schneider. He is a great prospect and if it were not for Luongo he'd be seeing more action. He needs to go to a team and get some playing time. Not sure he is the answer for you at the moment but down the road he could be a great one. What I can tell you is the Canucks like many clubs are looking to unload some guy's who will be out of contract at the end of the season rather than lose them for nothing. I've got a feeling we could see a few three way deals on deadline day

Archived