The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Tim Thomas Shut the Caps downin overtime with some incredible saves. The Caps lost off trying stave off a 4 on 3 power play. The darn disc careened off a defenders skate to get by Theodore, who also had a stellar game.

Bruins win 3-2 ot over Washington

Henrik Zetterberg just signed with us for a 12-year deal worth $72 million.

He's taking $6 million a year when he could've gotten $8-9 mil in free agency...

Like I said earlier, Detroit only appreciates class-acts B)

Good move for both party's. Sounds like Detroit is making room under the cap for another addition or will be able to keep someone they already have. Good piece of buisness

Yeah, hopefully we can now keep both Hossa and Franzen, two stars, but I dont know. We'll have to wait and see. I'm gonna guess Hossa leaves after this year. He's just like Hasek, he just wants a Cup.

He came to the right place B)

Yeah, he sure did. It's hard to give up winning though so he may leave against his wishes, if at all

Sabres at Calgary at 8 est. Isn't Calgary in mountain time zone? Strange they would start at 6pm in their time? Tonight will be a tough one. Im sure we wont score 10 goals in Calgary. Last night we got the Edmonton broadcast. Needless to say they were probably shocked at the whipping they got, the worst in franchise history. GO SABRES!!!!!

It's the national game on TSN so that's why the early start. I'm watching it.

Thanks Ally. I am too. Butler had a bad turnover tha cost us but he is plaing very well lately. I like the kid. I see that the Vancouver game will be shown after, I wont get it here though. We are getting your feed this week. Or at least for the two western Canada games. When we get Afinegenov and Sekera back we will be stronger. I like our team and our chances in the East. This is our first trip to Calgary/Edmonton in three years. I hope the Sabres win toight. Only 1-0. We have a shot.

Well now its 2-0. Not a good game for us so far, espcially after last night. Butler is having a tough night and Lindy is intent on letting him learn through it.

Best way to learn is to play through it. I think it's been a pretty even game so far

We are dead in this one. Dont know what is up with Miller letting in those two bad goals. We had them reeling and Heche could have buried them but hit two posts.

They looked tired in the 3rd. Two games in two nights on the road is tough

I agree, and Heche hitting the post didnt help either. Miller didnt play as good as Kip. He said as much later. We will regroup and be ready for Phoenix who I fear more than the game at Anaheim. They just beat Detroit. Our win in Edmonton and our performance in Calgary shows me we can play with anyone, especially when we get back Tallinder, Sekera and Maxim. I am about to see how your boys faired last night. I will say they beat Nashville. Now Ill go look.

I had to edit this. Sorry Ally. Is there any beer left in your frig? Doubt it.

Ha Ha ! It was a long night of hockey.

I agree with you that the Sabres can play with anyone. There really wasn't much between the two teams last night and Calgary has really been on a roll as of late. Overall, you shouldn't be too disappointed given, two in two and both on the road.

As for my boy's...... I'm beginning to know what it's like to be a Detroit Lions fan :bagoverhead:

Well I hope Vancouver plays desperate hockey when Carolina comes there next week. They go to vancouver and San Jose and Phoenix. So there soft schedule will be over soon. We are looking back at them and Pttsburgh and Florida and we are close to catching Philly and Montreal. Quite a race. I am happy with them. They could have won both games and they had Calgary reeling til Miller let in a couple bad ones. But when we get our injured back we will be very dangerous. Not that we arent now. Tough one in Phoenix Saturday. I wish your boys to get better. If they dont, I know you would like to see Buffalo do good. Look at all the ex Canucks we have here. Roby and Neil. I wonder if heads will roll in Edmonton? The last time we lit a team up like that was Philly and they fired Clark and Hitchcock the next day. I see Dallas beat Detroit tonight so they are human after all. Long way to go for all with 35 left, the trades will be interesting. :nhl:

There is something seriously wrong in Canuck World at the moment. I have been concerned about Luongo wanting to get away for sometime now and I'm beginning to think that he does and, his teamates know it. It's not the losses by themselves that make me think that. It's the serious lack of effort. Some would say that would mean the players don't like the coach but I don't think that is the case here. I hope I'm wrong about Bobby Lou but I don't think I am

Are suggesting Luongo's heart isnt into it? That he wants a trade? Perhaps he feels they arent doing their part in trying to put out a winner? After we lost Briere and Drury the feelings around here were like that. But the signing of Vanek showed they meatnt business and I knew all along that Vanek was far more valuable in the long term and the scheme of things than those two that walked. Hope they straighten things out there as I have always liked Vancouver. I cant stand Edmonton or Calgary. Have always wanted Vancouver and Buffalo to win, they came in together back in 70. If Loungo is traded they will certainly get value for him. If I were them I wouldnt rule it out. Especially if you think the backup is good. I think he had a shutout recently but I dont know how many shots he faced or anything. We dont get to see them unless one has NHL Center Ice. Then you can get all the games everywhere every night. But its not cheap.

There are no rumors in this town about him leaving it's just a feeling I have. His wife and newborn still live in Florida and the only way I can see him willing to continue with that lifestyle is if he was on a legitimate contender. He came here 3yrs ago with the understanding that the Canucks were serious about going for a cup. To me, they aren't even close. Given the restrictions they could have with the cap and given what Luongo is worth, I say it may be a good deal for both party's. We would need to get a decent goaltender as part of any deal or, go with Cory Schneider ( who isn't ready yet ). I think Luongo would be worth at least two good players and a draft pick to the right team

I agree. I sent you a link about Vancouver and Sundin. I guess alot of money was tied up in him and it hasnt worked out yet as hoped. The arcticle by Wes Goldstein of Sporsline.com was just posted there.

Cheers ! I did forget to mention that yes, I do hope Buffalo does well and for the same reasons you mentioned. Have alway's had a soft spot for the Sabres.

The only saving grace in the Sundin deal is that it's only for 1 yr with an option for two. He'll be gone if he doesn't get it together.

Well I was looking up some fights, and I thought this might spark some talk :D

Probert was just upset that Yzerman did the fighting himself :D It's more than I can say for many star players

There is a tight pack in the West for the final seeds. Many tied at 51 pts. Dallas seems to be on the rise and Edmonton on the decline? I am surprized the Devils have done so well without Broduer. We played them right after he went down and pretty much outskated them all night. They have been on fire. Sabres go to Phoenix tomorrow where the fans are probably thinking more about Sunday's footballl game than hockey.

That should be a good one. Phoenix were in town not long ago and looked really good. Even with the Canucks playing so poorly you could see that this Phoenix team has the desire and looked pretty solid all round. I agree about Dallas but Edmonton has me puzzled. They've got the talent but not sure about the dressing room situation there. If Pat Quinn does take over, they will be a team that no one will want to play against.

The knives are coming out for Allain Vigneault as we speak. I really hope he is not the victim of ownership. I suspect he will be though. He's a good coach and has done wonders with what he has had to work with.

Hey, thanks for the video. I saw that one live. Laughed my ass off for hrs.

There were some classic old fights in the 70's. Jonathon / Bouchard comes to mind. Short but nasty

Archived