The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Been watching the ticker all day. The kid we got from San Jose is good and big. I have a friend who lives there and have been in touch with him. He is a Sabres fan first and Sharks second. Plus we get a first round pick. Better than letting him walk like Drury and Briere. We still have a hell of a team. Maxim should return tomorrow. Ill be there. Best seats Ive ever had for an NHL game.

Yeah it is better than getting nothing. Hope it works out for you guy's

Went to Buffalo last night and saw my Sabres beat the Nashville Predetors 8-4. Bernier, the guy we got from San Jose scored two. GO SABRES

Well what do I know anyway's :D that'll soften' the blow for now. Canucks were lucky only to lose in a shootout last night. Colorado were all over them. Luongo as usual kept them in it IMO. Can't blow 3rd period leads and expect to make the playoffs. The Avalanche look good

Im surprized Vancouver didnt do more. There was a rumour in the Buffalo news at the last half hr of the deadline that Darcy Regier (Sabres GM) was on the phone with Vancouver. Dont know what they were talkinng about. Some thought they might trade Kalinen to the Canucks but nothing happened. All these Power Rankings are a joke. When we get Heche and Afinegenov back we will show montreal and Boston just how good they are. The Sabres should make a move in the standings. And Ottawa just fired their coach. A move I predicted a month ago. Ill be suprized if they dont give Philly a good spanking tonight. GO SABRES

Rumor before the deadline was Pominville but I don't think that was anything more than speculation and wishful thinking.

Pommenville and Roy and Vanek are three of my favorites and if Darcy got rid of any of them there would be riots in Buffalo. We have Afinegenov and Stafford back tomorrow for Montreal. Detroit comes here Sunday. After that Sabres schedule is very favaorable. I hope we pound Montreal tomorrw. Ottawa has major problems. I thought they would beat Philly tonight with Murray back behind the bench. I hate Ottawa and Philly so I dont really care. Just keeping track of who my Sabres need to catch and stay ahead of. Montreal will be sorry they got rid of Huet. I think the Sabres will beat them tomorrow. Good luck to your Canucks. Looks like you will need it. poor Loungo cant do it all.

No Luongo can't do it by himself but the Canucks are a very young team and I'm glad Nonis didn't trade any of the young talent away just yet. Every team in the league wants a piece of these kids but are not willing to give back anything worthwhile in return Naslund and possibly Morrison will be gone at the end of the season. That's gonna free up some room under the cap. The Canucks will make moves on draft day and through free agency. They've got Luongo for two more years and if they're gonna go for the cup it will have to happen during that time frame. IMHO, this is a good hockey team and will be one for a number of years if Nonis stay's the course

Anyone that counts the Sabres out is nuts. Barry Melrose thinks he knows everything and the man has completely lost his marbles. Hear that Barry? You suck. Your picks suck. Go back to coaching.

all I know about the Sabres is I hope my team get a shot at redemption in the playoffs this year (if the Sabres make it)

Let's Go Rangers!!

all I know about the Sabres is I hope my team get a shot at redemption in the playoffs this year (if the Sabres make it)

Let's Go Rangers!!

More like, if the Rangers make it dude. With their greedy ass payroll they should. But how many times in the past have they spent, spent. and spent and underachieved? How can you cheer for a team built on money? Jagr is a jerk. We are going to whip your asses.

The Leafs are pretty much the most frustrating franchise in sports. First off, no one waves their NTC's to go anywhere. I love Sundin and respect his decision, but if he'd gone to Anaheim, we could've had Edmonton 1st round pick, which will be a Top 5 selection (to go along with our own). Now, our team is finally playing good hockey when its pretty much too late. We have to win almost all of our remaining games, and hope teams like Philly finish below .500, which probably wont happen. I was hoping we'd actually finally rebuild, and get a Top 5 draft pick (which will pretty much guarantee a franchise player with this upcoming draft class), but of course, that wont happen :(

Archived