The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

The Tiger williams team that put up a far better fight than the books will tell you.

Well yes, game 1 in Uniondale anyway's. If we'd won that game then I think we could have taken it to maybe six games but, the Islanders were head and shoulders better that us and I have alway's thought that they and the 70-72 Bruins were very similar in their team make up. A make up that I happen to like :)

I hate the Flyers because they have always been a dirty team. They are the Worlds Wresling federation on ice. Yes, I hate Briere. Have a plaque of him in Sabres uniform-soon to become driftwood. More bad news. Lalime has the flu and may not play in Carolina, which means we will be throwing a rookie to the wolves. Sucks. We may have to score 9 to win.

It's kinda hard to say that now. Other than Cote, we have no real enforcers. Plus, hockey is a game of skill and violence. :D

It looks like this 20 year old kid from the Portland Pirates will have his "dream come true" tomorrow night in Carolina. Not a dream come true for us Sabres faithfull. Even if Lalime recovers by tomorrow, he cant be himself. Maybe we are better giving the rookie a shot? Losing Miller was a killer I didnt plan on. I hope that Toronto beats the stinking Rangers tonight.

Just about every team is reliant on one goaltender to carry them through the playoffs. I hate to say it but losing Miller now couldn't come at a worse time. Even if he comes back early, you have to wonder if he can push off from side to side. He play's that same modified butterfly style as Luongo that requires a great push to either side. Luongo is slowly getting it back but that is why he is getting beat via the 5 hole so often at the moment. It will take Miller a while too . You have to know that Gomez was told to do what he did other wise he would have just run Miller over

There is no place in the game for injuring another player on purpose. And for what? To knock a small market team out when the greedy fucking Rangers keep spending? I now add them to my hate list. Maybe even above the Flyers now. Who do you play tomorrow Ally? the kid or Lalime just over the Flu? He is on the plane to Raleigh I just got word of. But there is much debate on the Sabres forum on what to do. Of course I frequent that one too. they just love me. :D

I'd play the kid and hope to hell that the troops rally :D Seriously ! Think back over the time you've watched the NHL and remember how many times the old Habs pulled a kid off the farm just before the playoffs and went on to win the cup !!! Vachon, Dryden, Roy... they were all late season replacements and would never have gotten a look if the No1 guy hadn't went down

There is no place in the game for injuring another player on purpose. And for what? To knock a small market team out when the greedy fucking Rangers keep spending? I now add them to my hate list. Maybe even above the Flyers now. Who do you play tomorrow Ally? the kid or Lalime just over the Flu? He is on the plane to Raleigh I just got word of. But there is much debate on the Sabres forum on what to do. Of course I frequent that one too. they just love me. :D

I'd play the kid and hope to hell that the troops rally :D Seriously ! Think back over the time you've watched the NHL and remember how many times the old Habs pulled a kid off the farm just before the playoffs and went on to win the cup !!! Vachon, Dryden, Roy... they were all late season replacements and would never have gotten a look if the No1 guy hadn't went down

I sure hope they can win a few. But my bigger concern is how long Miller is out. We probably wont make the playoffs without him and Vanek both. Two big losses. Ill hope they return fast.

Keep the faith. Other teams are going to have problem injuries as well. Believe me, it will happen. In the West, Detroit and San Jose will have teams trying to beat the daylights out of them between now and the playoffs. Injuries are going to happen. It's no different in the East

But losing the starting goalie and top scorer is not so easily replaced. I see Toronto beat the Rangers even though they let the fools get a point. The Rangers arent going anywhere.

No, it's not but I still think you guy's will make it. After that, who knows. Nobody knows for sure who's going to step up.

Anyway's the wife is kicking me out. Guess I'll have to go to the pub for a couple... :black_eye:

They kicked his ass off that other thread and now he is fucking haunting this one. Somebody give me a silver bullet! :P

No one kicked me off anything (I'm still posting on it) and please, no silver bullets. :D

Big game for us Sunday vs. The Devils. Wonder who will be their goalie though? We are four points back from 1st. B)

Broduer is playing tonight for the first time in ages. He will play Im sure. Boston is going to win the conferance so everything else is meaningless except just getting in.

Wonder if Jersey will make a coaching change ? It's that time of year and something they've done in the past :D

If I'm Clemmensen, I'd be kind of pissed. He has played very well between the pipes. Trade him...to Philly. Wooooooooooooo!!! :D

He's been great. Jersey knows a goalie when they see one

I guess that is debatable as to who needs the points more. We still have a game in hand and I am not just thinking of your team but I have the Rangers in mind too. I want to see them out. After they knocked Miller out. I wish I could say I were confident but I just dont have alot of faith in Lalime. Nobody around here does. He isnt Miller. Vanek comes back next week. Pittsburgh and the Rangers are falling apart and I hope we can survive until Miller returns. If he returns. Ill be watching. Its on soon. Florida is also tied with us. Montreal and Philly only a few points ahead of both our teams. Nobody is safe in the bottom 5 seeds./

Same situation with the bottom 5 seeds in the west Yukon. It's going to be a hell of a ride all the way to the end.

Just heard on Sports Net Pacific that The Ducks have indicated that Chris Pronger will be moved. Most are speculating it will be to the Eastern Conf. unless someone in the west is willing to make an ofer that can't be refused :godfather: They are also saying that the Canucks are shopping Mattius Ohlund. Listening to Ohlund now and it sounds like the report is accurate. He would be a nice experienced addition to a playoff bound team

Bad enough Carolina has tied the score at 1-1 but my bigger concern is Spacek is injured and has left the game.

Nice fucking dive by that Carolina player on Gausteds penalty. Divers.

OT Rorer. You cant catch us no matter what the outcome tonight. We earned a point . :yay:

Ward is saving your ass's.

Divers? Quit your crying Yuk. You guys were hackers! Acting like those Philly goons.I think they're rubbing off on you.

Spacek took the biggest dive. :rolleyes:

We'll take those two points! Booyah! :nhl:

You are gonna need them. You are still behind us. We outplayed your sorry ass's and when we get our guys like Vanek back you wont catch us. You sucked out getting the extra point. You were on your fucking heels most of the game.

I don't know what game you were watching! :rolleyes:

To be honest, I thought it was an even game.Which was indicative of the score.We had you on your heels just as often.Lalime played rather well but Ward played better.

We should have kicked your ass.I believe we had more quality scoring chances and you were lucky our offense was off last night.

Well...I see the Leafs have cleaned up their act and won the past two or three games...Bravo..

Sorry I had to be cruel in my last Leaf comments..but you know the sayings "Cruel to be kind....you only hurt the one you love....when the going gets tough...the tough get going...Juliet is a b****""

Yukon: I hope your team gets to the play-offs to represent the East but I'm afraid I can't cheer for them as my heart belongs to The Leafs especially the goalie called Vesa...such a romantic name...

Next year the Leafs will go all the way,eh?

GO LEAFS GO...GO LEAFS GO :cheer::cheer::cheer:

I understand. they have played well. they never seem to look good against us but they really have surprized me with some of their wins. I hope they make it next year too. Just not at our expense. At either Montreal or Ottawa or Boston's. I hate Montreal and Otttawa and Philly more than any teams. Im starting to hate the Rangeres and Carolina (thanks to Rorer) almost as much. But Ill never hate anyone more than the Flyers and Montreal. Hope the Leafs get better. We have the Islanders Saturday and that is a game we should win. Carolina has Atlanta and should win but they gave Washington a fight yesterday and beat Anaheim 8-4. They have Kovalchuk. I wish we had him. Whatever happens the Leafs should keep Wilson. He is a good coach. Not his fault they arent in position.

What do you mean,"thanks to Rorer." I'm not playing! :lol: I can't help it if you come off like an ass an then I have to give you a dose of it back! ;)

Archived