The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

We need to win our game in hand to overtake the Penguins. I was looking at the schedules. I think ours and Pittsburgh's are about equal. We dont play them again though. Not head up. I think the bad news for Carolina is that they have to play New Jersey 3 times. But its going to be a fight. And then there is Florida. Talk is they will trade their best defenseman. I guess its because they dont want him to get away for nothing?

Tick Tock. The deadline is two days away. So I expect breaking news to start coming down as early as this afternoon. Hope that my GM earns his damn keep. Move your ass Darcy! Pull the trigger!

Looks like The whiny Puffin will be out for a while, that should help you out. Caps play the 'caines tonight. Hopefully they will be of service to you.

Crosby to miss fourth straight game Tuesday, 03.03.2009 / 1:32 PM / News NHL.comPenguins center Sidney Crosby's groin will sideline him in Pittsburgh's game against the Tampa Bay Lightning at St. Pete Times Forum Tuesday night at 7:30 p.m. on Versus Network.

Crosby missed the past three games with the groin injury he suffered injury Feb. 22 at Washington. Crosby has already missed four games this season to injury, including a knee injury that sidelined him Jan. 16 vs. Anaheim.

For full story, click here.

Looks like The whiny Puffin will be out for a while, that should help you out. Caps play the 'caines tonight. Hopefully they will be of service to you.

Crosby to miss fourth straight game Tuesday, 03.03.2009 / 1:32 PM / News NHL.comPenguins center Sidney Crosby's groin will sideline him in Pittsburgh's game against the Tampa Bay Lightning at St. Pete Times Forum Tuesday night at 7:30 p.m. on Versus Network.

Crosby missed the past three games with the groin injury he suffered injury Feb. 22 at Washington. Crosby has already missed four games this season to injury, including a knee injury that sidelined him Jan. 16 vs. Anaheim.

He's a whiny one alright but I'd have him on my team anyday. He just needs to grow up a bit and could do with some veterans in his corner. The Pens gave that away in the off season and it is killing them now

One stupid editor at the Buffalo news forum, from which Im sure to soon be banned for asking them why they keep deleting my posts, has a crazy idea that the flyers, Sabres and Phoenix are working out a deal that would ultimatley send Biron back to Buffalo and Tallinder and Afinagenov to Phoenix and a couple Phoenix players to Philly. Hope this is BS like some of the readers think it is.

The Phoenix player that has been mentioned going to Philly is Derek Morris. Both the Bruins and Caps are said to be in the mix for Morris as well

To no avail! We spanked you in your own house.Those 2 points were well deserved!

Let's see if wonderboy Vanek has some rust to shake off.Eh, Yuk?

To no avail! We spanked you in your own house.Those 2 points were well deserved!

Let's see if wonderboy Vanek has some rust to shake off.Eh, Yuk?

Caps defense did not show up lats night. The 5- 2 spanking was a result of lousy goal tending and lazy puck control. The 'caines out skated Washington all night. I hope they'll rebound for the Leafs. This will be my first time going to see them since the in 17 years. I don't want it to be in the midst of a losing streak.

I think all hell will break loose in about three hrs or less. I know damn well Connelly is either going to sign on the dotted line or be on the next flight out.

He just signed a two year deal Yukon. Just announced

And? The man sucks. He is a disgrace. The Rangers are becoming the worst of teams. They need to resort to this kind of crap. They injured our goalie Miller. And for what? They are going nowhere. I have March 21st circled. Its my wife's birthday and its the day we go to Ny and there will be fights galore. Fucking Rangers never should have signed that asshole.

Hard to understand the Rangers or anyone for that matter , taking a chance with Avery. I guess they think he can draw penalty's but to me he is too much of a liability

The Islanders who have a hated history with the Penguins, help them out. I dont get it. And Tampa gave Recchi away.

I guess I should just stay here. The updates from Black Dawg are faster than the fucking wire.

Check out NHl.com They have a deadline blog :slapface:

How the hell do the Rangers have this much money to spend Yukon? They remind me of the Redskins of hockey. They sign everyone but never win in the end. It's still frustrating to see them get so many stars. I have no clue who this Carcillo is. I hear he's a bruiser. You love those guys on my team, don't you? :D

Hey Juliet. We just got this kid Moore from the Leafs. What do you think of him? I guess he is having a breakout season. I hope he helps the Sabres.

Nice player, UFA at seasons end. he is a fan favorite who was looking for just a bit to much money for the leafs liking. He is a fast skater who is not afraid to go to the net. He was disappointed to be leaving Toronto but he will be a good addition to the sabres. :D I am not sure about Tellqvist. He was with the leafs before going to phoenix. he was handed a starting job with Toronto and didn't do so well. Same again in phoenix. That said he may steal you a game or two until Miller is back. They had a Harry Neil on the radio today and he said that miller will be back within two weeks. I hope he is right :D

Nice player, UFA at seasons end. he is a fan favorite who was looking for just a bit to much money for the leafs liking. He is a fast skater who is not afraid to go to the net. He was disappointed to be leaving Toronto but he will be a good addition to the sabres. :D I am not sure about Tellqvist. He was with the leafs before going to phoenix. he was handed a starting job with Toronto and didn't do so well. Same again in phoenix. That said he may steal you a game or two until Miller is back. They had a Harry Neil on the radio today and he said that miller will be back within two weeks. I hope he is right :D

Tellqvist is better than Lalime and your right, he may steal a game that just might make the difference in the race. Good signing Yukon.

For Gods sake Juliet. What are you going to do if you actually win? Man.

I am happy we kept Connelly but am wondering what will unfold next. Biron is quite surprized by all the trade talk I hear. also, Calgary is after Jokinen of Phoenix as well as others. I hear the Coyotes want Tallinder from Buffalo but dont know what is going on? Rumours are that the Sabres will insist on Afenigenov being part of the package./ Will just have to keep checking the wire. ESPN seems ot be ahead as ususal. I like CBS Sportsliine's website but they are slow on getting the news. Buffalo News finally posted Connelly's signing. Lazy, slow moving, turtles.

Yukon:

WHAT WILL I DO IF THE LEAFS WIN....YOU ASK????? :party:

Juliet :D

Ps I know nothing about Moore...Toskala is my fav.....

Sabres 5 Montreal 0

I will see Moore in his first game Friday night. Ill be in Buffalo for that one. Cant wait.

The guy had 41 pts for your beloved Leafs and you know nothing about him? Come on Juliet. Are you watching the entire games?

Hey. Lalimie has played great/!! GO SABRES!!!!!

Other thoughts on today. Im sure you are happy to get Cole back Rorer? I wonder if he has any hard feelings? I think Edmonton gave up on him? I am surprized a little Buffalo dealt with Edmonton, the team that drove up the price of us keeping Vanek, but it was a 4 team deal I learned later. I think maybe Cole was part of it? But I know the kid we got from Toronto, who has very good numbers, especially given he was playing for a non contending team, was part of it. Toronto got a second round pick.

Come Friday, Ill be Coyote huntin! :hunter:

Wow! I didn't see this untill this morning.I was watching the Tarheels last night!

I'm happy to have him back though.He is fun to watch,he is balls to the wall when he gets out on the ice.I'd have him on my team any day of the week. :D

Wow! I didn't see this untill this morning.I was watching the Tarheels last night!

I'm happy to have him back though.He is fun to watch,he is balls to the wall when he gets out on the ice.I'd have him on my team any day of the week. :D

I'm suprised Edmonton traded him. I'd have him in my team too

Archived