The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Cherry hates Montreal. He would never coach them.

And he's way past it anywhooo ! Not giving Bowman the GM's job when Pollock retired may be the biggest gaff in NHL history. IMHO, Montreal has really not been the same since.

Hi Yukon.

Carter, Hartnell score twice in Flyers win over Sabres

Jeff Carter scored two third-period goals tonight - both off slick passes from Joffrey Lupul - sparking the Flyers to a 5-2 win over the Buffalo Sabres at the Wachovia Center.

:D

As I have said. Its not easy to lose your goalie, Miller, like we did and have much of a shot. I thought he would have returned by now. Without Miller we are dead. Lalime sucks my cock.

Just busting your chops. I not sure how far we can go with our goalies so even though my favorite time of the year is coming up, I not too confident about going all the way. Things could change if we get hot like last year though. We just have to avoid playing the Devils.

Looking at both conferences it looks as though it will go down to the wire for the final playoff spots.

Plenty of hockey left to play and outside of the top 4 spots, it seems like anything could still happen.

With an average of 15 games left, that's still a lot of points to be won or lost.

I just called the posters on the Buffalo News forum a bunch of morons. They want to put down Lindy or the team. Miller is milking this injury. I am blaming Miller. Give me a break. A damn sprain.

Its T O time!

Look how long a high ankle sprain sidelined that whiner Crosby last year B) . I don't think that Miller is milking the injury either. If he could play he would be in there. Lalime sucks that is the Sabres problem, Put Telly in for a couple of starts and see if he can steal a few games. In the mean time relax and take a giant step back from that panic button you are squeezing :D:D:D .

We played pretty good last night.We had some bad calls in that game.One was an obvious goaltender interference which they scored.That is apparently not a reviewable call. :rolleyes:

We played two very good back to backers and got 1 point out of them.At least they were Western teams.

Thanks for the help last night Yuk,we both needed it! ;)

We've got Washington tomorrow and New Jersey next week.

We played pretty good last night.We had some bad calls in that game.One was an obvious goaltender interference which they scored.That is apparently not a reviewable call. :rolleyes:

We played two very good back to backers and got 1 point out of them.At least they were Western teams.

Thanks for the help last night Yuk,we both needed it! ;)

We've got Washington tomorrow and New Jersey next week.

Yuk wants the Caps to knock the wind out of Carolina's sail so he can make up that 4 points and quit yapping about T. O. But I like to see you beat the Devil's to put Washington in the second seed spot.

Yuk wants the Caps to knock the wind out of Carolina's sail so he can make up that 4 points and quit yapping about T. O. But I like to see you beat the Devil's to put Washington in the second seed spot.

Well. anything can still happen in either conference. Last season the Canucks were well on their way to making the playoffs when they suddenly decided to drop 7 out of their last 8 games <_<

As they say , "It ain't over till the fat lady sings"

This power ranking is in today's Toronto Sun

1. DETROIT RED WINGS

Tempting to bump them back after an 8-1 loss to the Jackets.

2. SAN JOSE SHARKS

Losing to desperate teams should make them more desperate themselves.

3. NEW JERSEY DEVILS

Would like to pretend that blowout to the Isles never happened.

4. PITTSBURGH PENGUINS

Looking more like the Cup runner-up right now.

5. BOSTON BRUINS

The slump continues, and people are losing faith.

6. VANCOUVER CANUCKS

Beating the Sharks was big.

7. PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

If they could only find some star quality in goal.

8. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

Not a great start to their week.

9. WASHINGTON CAPITALS

Allowing way too many goals lately.

10. CALGARY FLAMES

They've been terrible on the road this month.

11. FLORIDA PANTHERS

Ticket holders get four free games if they miss the playoffs.

12. MONTREAL CANADIENS

Getting healthy and motivated after coach firing.

13. NEW YORK RANGERS

Such a hot start to the season and they may not make playoffs.

14. COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS

Ken Hitchcock the latest to earn win No. 500.

15. CAROLINA HURRICANES

Up-and-down season on the rise again.

16. NASHVILLE PREDATORS

The fight for the last couple of seeds in the West will be bloody.

17. EDMONTON OILERS

Losing critical points in overtime.

18. OTTAWA SENATORS

Better late than never doesn't apply to hockey.

19. LOS ANGELES KINGS

Anze Kopitar hasn't given up.

20. BUFFALO SABRES

Their season was derailed by a couple key injuries.

21. MINNESOTA WILD

Yes, Owen Nolan is a 20-goal scorer once again.

22. ANAHEIM DUCKS

Still in the hunt for the playoffs.

23. ST. LOUIS BLUES

Recent play giving them outside shot at post-season.

24. TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Ron Wilson needs a thicker skin to survive.

25. DALLAS STARS

Falling fast in the Western Conference standings.

26. ATLANTA THRASHERS

Playing for jobs next season at this point.

27. PHOENIX COYOTES

Mathematical elimination is just days away.

28. TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

Maybe next year?

29. NEW YORK ISLANDERS

Young players getting valuable experience.

30. COLORADO AVALANCHE

A low point for the franchise since moving to Denver.

Miller is skating and reports are he could be back soon. But dont know what soon means. Meanwhile, Tellqvist, the guy we got from Phoenix has told reporters at the end of today's practice he will start in goal at Ottawa tomorrow night. I am going to come right out and say Im gauranteeing a Sabres win tomorrow night. Write it down. Gaurantee!!!!! :yesnod::slapshot:

Soon means in time for the playoffs B) You'll be there

Hi :

I was watching sports highlights and apparently there was a fight between two Leaf players at their practice....Jason Blake was upset by the person who hit him.... :blink:

Stay tuned for the continuing story of The Maple Leafs......

Hi :

I was watching sports highlights and apparently there was a fight between two Leaf players at their practice....Jason Blake was upset by the person who hit him.... :blink:

Stay tuned for the continuing story of The Maple Leafs......

grab(is that how you spell it)ovski ran him from behind and Blake didn't like it to much. Blake is a whiner and graby shouldn't play at game speed during practice. I would say that is is a slow news day in leaf land if this is a story B) As always

At the beginning of the season after a quick start by the Leafs i still said they were nothing better than a 500 team. I was told to stop being so negative. Well the season is almost over, the leafs are not making the playoffs again and their record is 28-29. A 500 hockey team.

At the beginning of the season after a quick start by the Leafs i still said they were nothing better than a 500 team. I was told to stop being so negative. Well the season is almost over, the leafs are not making the playoffs again and their record is 28-29. A 500 hockey team.

Well you were right ! I still don't think that the Leafs are that far away from being a pretty good hockey team. It will take some changes in the lineup but the reality is, we're only talking about 5 more wins or 5 fewer losses and they would be in the hunt this year....go figure :blink:

Yeah! That was me,Mr. Negativity.See what you brought to your team?

We're hanging on to playoff spots because we're positive!Do you see what a bit of positive energy does?It gets us to the playoffs....Bad things happen as a result from negativity...See what happened to your thread? It imploded...BOOM!!!!!!!

Lighten up Sunshine B) Summer is coming. :D

I know you gotta be pissed Yuk...Some of the refereeing that I've seen this year has been biased.I'd like to see something done about it. I don't think some incidental penalties should be called.

We got called for diving a game or two ago.It had to be one of the worst (calls) I've seen this year. :angry:

Yeah! That was me,Mr. Negativity.See what you brought to your team?

We're hanging on to playoff spots because we're positive!Do you see what a bit of positive energy does?It gets us to the playoffs....Bad things happen as a result from negativity...See what happened to your thread? It imploded...BOOM!!!!!!!

Lighten up Sunshine B) Summer is coming. :D

And now for the continuing story of....THE MAPLE LEAFS.....

Today's episode......TUESDAY NIGHT IN TAMPA...

I was watching the highlights of the game last eve...a game that ended in a shoot-out...with our Maple Leafs winning...(audience please hurrah)....

One of the players interviewed afterwards was none other than....drum roll please....CU-JO!!!!My....didn't he look dapper sporting a St. Patty's day hat? He was quite amazed with the game. Speaking with a very happy grin on his face he used the expression "Tuesday Night in Tampa" to emphasize his zeal over The Leafs win....(audience please cheer)...

I hate to be the one to rain on Cu-Jo's parade but I was looking at the Leafs standings. Even with the win last eve they are ranked #11 and won"t be going to the play-offs...(audience...please groan and/or sigh )

So here ends another episode of.....THE MAPLE LEAFS.....

GO LEAFS GO :cheer::cheer::cheer:

And now for the continuing story of....THE MAPLE LEAFS.....

Today's episode......TUESDAY NIGHT IN TAMPA...

I was watching the highlights of the game last eve...a game that ended in a shoot-out...with our Maple Leafs winning...(audience please hurrah)....

One of the players interviewed afterwards was none other than....drum roll please....CU-JO!!!!My....didn't he look dapper sporting a St. Patty's day hat? He was quite amazed with the game. Speaking with a very happy grin on his face he used the expression "Tuesday Night in Tampa" to emphasize his zeal over The Leafs win....(audience please cheer)...

I hate to be the one to rain on Cu-Jo's parade but I was looking at the Leafs standings. Even with the win last eve they are ranked #11 and won"t be going to the play-offs...(audience...please groan and/or sigh )

So here ends another episode of.....THE MAPLE LEAFS.....

GO LEAFS GO :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Maybe spats got some positive Karma going,it doesn't take much! :D

Archived