The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

I thought Weekes was gone? What happened to Clemenson? The guy who replaced Broduer? I highly doubt you would have shamed Broduer. It will be very tough to keep New Jersey from representing the East when all is said and done. Ward has been standing on his head for Carolina. that is why they are where they are. I dont know if anyone can beat the Devils in the East. And Detroit is very beatable in the west the way they have played. Im not counting them out but San Jose may finally get there.

Hence the wink smilie in my post!

We were hitting on all cylinders last night.We need to keep that pace.

We're taking care of business.

2 more points, from the Islanders who put on a clinic in the 2 period and scored 4 goals against us.We were up 2-0 and they smoked us.We had to come back in the 3rd and ouplay them.

They played like a team on a mission.We played like crap and still won.

Maurice had this quote on the board in the lockerroom. "Good teams find a way to win"

We can't play like that tonight,the Capitals will smoke us into submission if we don't play 3 tough periods. Go Canes.

Looks like you're hiding from this thread Yuk, it's probably that you're disgusted with you're team.I don't blame you.

We manhandled the Caps last night.Played great defense.We kept Semin in check and Ovechkin only got an assist.Cam always plays well after losing or giving up a bunch of goals.He played great last night!

We're in the 6th spot,1 point from 4th! Go Canes!

Sorry about your Sabre's Yuk. We've got 8 game left,the second to last one is against you guys.

We had our asses handed to us last night losing 5-1 in Phoenix. Gotta say I saw this coming as I think we've had our fair share of luck in the last few games. Not sure the Canucks are as good a bet in the playoffs as some of the so called experts seem to think. Even in the games that we've been winning, we've been allowing teams to gain our zone far too easily. Phoenix made us pay last night and the better teams in the league will feast on it come playoff time. Luongo will have to stand on his head for us to go anywhere.

Did Doan score for Phoenix. I saw them live and I wasnt really impressed with them, but I think Doan is one of their best guys. Thanks to the collapse of Montreal, there is still a glimmer of hope for Buffalo but they must play the kid til Miller returns. No more Lalime. He has cost us dearly. We had leads in three games and he lets anything on net go in. The man sucks cock.

Yes, Doan did score. He's a good one and I'm sure his name will come up on Draft Day.

Well, we collapsed last year and every year there seems to be one or two teams that do the same thing. IMHO, It will go down to the last game of the season. At this stage it's ok to win ugly and I expect to see a fair bit of that from here on in

Man, you see these guys that are around our age dropping and it really makes you wonder. I am assuming it was a heart attack? dont know for sure. I dont remember what he looked like but I saw him play many a game. As for tonight, go Carolina and tomorrow, go Atlanta.

Hang onto our beltloops,we're goin' for a ride Yuk! :D

2 more!

Man, you see these guys that are around our age dropping and it really makes you wonder. I am assuming it was a heart attack? dont know for sure. I dont remember what he looked like but I saw him play many a game. As for tonight, go Carolina and tomorrow, go Atlanta.

He was a real good journeyman hockey player. Second line guy who was good for 25-30 goals a season. The kind of player every team needs.

Yeah, it is scary seeing guy's around our age dropping like flies. Eat, drink and be merry dude !!! We might not have much time left :lol:

Sounds like Miller is a game time decision. They said yesterday he was not likely for tonight but should be back by the weekend. I think tonight is a possibility but Friday is a certainty. We have to win these three games to get back into it. Montreal can be caught, at least we get them head on. But I just dont know if they can overcome losing Miller for so long. i do have much hope for the Bills this year.

ps Ottawa is no picnic. But you guys are in anyway. Its between Montreal, Florida and Buffalo for the last spot it seems. Miller's injury was a killer. Hell, Toronto may even catch us.

It's sad when you have to talk about a sport that's 6 months away.We've got the NHL and the NBA playoffs (which are like whole new seasons within themselves) Plus we still have the whole baseball season to go,Yuk. :rolleyes:

Go Canes!

Well I will cheer for SU. I dont like the NBA anymore. Never had a fav team since the old Braves lost their team. The Orioles are my baseball team. Nuff said there. But it isnt every day that your football team has this much hope. I am hoping they trade the number one pick for Gonzalez. Doubt it though. The Sabres must win all three this week. Hard to overcome losing a guy like Miller in a small market. Cant do it. I just hope the fucking Rangers lose.

I notice that you put a lot of hope into one guy on most of your sports teams.One man does not a teammake.You should know better.It's rare to see a team go a whole season without key players getting injured,it surely has to be factored in.

Sabres win. Still alive. Fights galore at the end of game.

Dirty hit on Maxim after he scored on empty net. Sabres showed heart coming back and smoking them. It seems like we must catch Montreal, but as I look at the schedule, the Rangers have a brutal schedule. So it isnt out of the realm of possibility to catch the Rangers.

Last but not least, Wofman and Gac, suck a cock!

Im gonna send my boy after yo ass's!!!!!

5me3ux.jpg

Don't sweat it Yukon . Some people just follow a party line. The rest of us are mature enough not to follow anything :lol:

Man, Calgary must have jet lag. I am surprized they got shut out in Pittsburgh. I think that Calgary may wind up winning the Cup. I really think they could.

They are certainly serious contenders. They have all the tools. They're playoff position is not going to change so I'm guessing Keenan is letting them off the hook at the moment and their game is off because of it. Once the playoffs start, he'll be all over them like a dirty shirt.

I really dont care much for him and he has strong ties to Rochester, NY. I know someone that knows him. They are the team that may beat Detroit or San Jose, not that Im counting your boys out Ally. Or mine either. Its Miller time!!!

The Canucks are certainly more than just Luongo. They are a good team but, IMHO not quite good enough. Mind you, last nights win in Dallas was old time hockey at it's best and proved to me that if they don't go far in the playoffs, it won't be because of lack of effort or bad team chemistry. If they lose out, it won't be because they lacked heart. Can't really ask for more than that and it may be the one thing that put's them ahead of other teams in the west

Sabres win. Still alive. Fights galore at the end of game.

Dirty hit on Maxim after he scored on empty net. Sabres showed heart coming back and smoking them. It seems like we must catch Montreal, but as I look at the schedule, the Rangers have a brutal schedule. So it isnt out of the realm of possibility to catch the Rangers.

Last but not least, Wofman and Gac, suck a cock!

Im gonna send my boy after yo ass's!!!!!

5me3ux.jpg

Isn't that for T.O. to do? :D

Another good win for us last night. *sings*(Well,we're movin on up...to the East Side...) Ottawa has been on a tear the last 10 games and they played us with everything they had.Their goalie,Brian Elliott,played his ass off and make some great saves.Cam made great saves as well.

Anton Babchuk has been kicking ass the last month or so.He has an impressive slapshot from the point.I wouldn't want to be a defenseman blocking that shot. :o

We've got the Devils on Saturday in Jersey after they play Chicago on Friday.I hope they play Weekes again.

They were in the NHL from 76 to 78. They were terrible and didn't draw big crowds at all.I know when I went to see them,there were always loads of empty seats.I don't remember them too well.(Kinda like the Indians in 80,000 seat Municipal Stadium) :blink:

They were in the AHL from 37 to 73.

you should have grabbed a jersey. Might be worth something? I believe the guy was Howie Glover that played for the old Cleveland Barons. could be wrong. Too lazy to do the research. I looked at the schedule, and you might think Im crazy, but the Rangers schedule is brutal. I think we have just as good a shot at catching them as Montreal. Montreal gets Tampa, Toronto and Islanders in the next week. Bad news for me.
Yeah,and I should have kept all my old cards too. :rolleyes: I'm sure my Yaz rookie card would have been worth something.

I looked Glover up,it said he was an impressive goal scorer in the AHL and spent most of his career there,his most impressive season was the 67-68 Barons with 41 goals.In a total 144 NHL(parts of 5 seasons) games,he scored 29 goals and 17 assists... Wiki says.

Sounds like a working man!

Well,I'll wish you luck,Yuk.This thread wouldn't be the same without you!

Yeah,and I should have kept all my old cards too. :rolleyes: I'm sure my Yaz rookie card would have been worth something.

I looked Glover up,it said he was an impressive goal scorer in the AHL and spent most of his career there,his most impressive season was the 67-68 Barons with 41 goals.In a total 144 NHL(parts of 5 seasons) games,he scored 29 goals and 17 assists... Wiki says.

Sounds like a working man!

Well,I'll wish you luck,Yuk.This thread wouldn't be the same without you!

I agree, it won't be the same without him. Mind you, if for some reason the Sabres don't make it, I'm hoping he'll become a Canucks fan for a little while. :D

I agree, it won't be the same without him. Mind you, if for some reason the Sabres don't make it, I'm hoping he'll become a Canucks fan for a little while. :D

Ahem.........

*cough* but Carolina is closer ally ;)

Ah,who are we kidding,the Rangers are closer! :P

Ahem.........

*cough* but Carolina is closer ally ;)

Ah,who are we kidding,the Rangers are closer! :P

:D We know Yukon will not be rooting for the Rangers. Maybe Carolina but I'm thinking the Devils. What say you Yukon ?

:D We know Yukon will not be rooting for the Rangers. Maybe Carolina but I'm thinking the Devils. What say you Yukon ?

I'm thinking that he'll hide his head in the sand and poke it around August! Just in time for TO antics!

Archived