The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Damn, we better win tonight.We are evenly matched with the Devil's.We need one of those blowout games but I'm not counting on one! Go Canes!!!!!!!

I'm seeing the Carolina games on FoxSportsSouth Yuk.I'm guessing that you don't have a satellite?

It blows goats that you can't see the playoff games that you want to.Versus blows goats and they couldn't hold ESPN's jockstraps.We need to get hockey back on ESPN.ESPN is who got me back into hockey.Back whenever they got the contract.Shit, that had to be the eighties! :bagoverhead:

GoCanesGocanesGoCanes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a win! We let them back in the game and we had to rely on heroics!

Jussi Jokinen with a slapshot with .02 of a second left in regulation for the win!

Series tied 2-2.We're going back to Jersey.

Go Canes!!!

Well I guess Colombus has Detroit right where they want them. :o Hey, St Louis sure doesnt quit. Looks like that one is going ot OT? Hey Ally, does this have a ring to it? the '42 Leafs, the '75 Islanders and the "2009 Blues? Just kidding. Go have a cold one. Im sure your boys will pull it out.

The Blues are playing us hard tonight. OT looms and Kesler swoons...I hope :)

WOW that overtime was sizzling! Congrats to Rorer for the win tonight (Brodeur had a fit), and to Ally for the series win :thumbsup: But Ally, how can you stand watching Wellwood play? I swear that guy infuriates me - so laaaaazy on D, and cherry picks on O, dipsy doodling with the puck looks fancy and all, and is even effective sometimes, but he's lucky to still be in the NHL and he's still tempting the devil with such a one-dimensional game. Rant over lol. Anyway, good on 'ya both!

WOW that overtime was sizzling! Congrats to Rorer for the win tonight (Brodeur had a fit), and to Ally for the series win :thumbsup: But Ally, how can you stand watching Wellwood play? I swear that guy infuriates me - so laaaaazy on D, and cherry picks on O, dipsy doodling with the puck looks fancy and all, and is even effective sometimes, but he's lucky to still be in the NHL and he's still tempting the devil with such a one-dimensional game. Rant over lol. Anyway, good on 'ya both!

Thanks Patrycja. The rest before the next series is going to huge for us.

Wellwood is a very lazy player but has picked up some big points for us this year. I hear you though, his D is very poor. Vigneault has limited his ice time / shift and to this point, seems to know when to have him out there. Dimetra is another who needs his ice time cut down for much the same reason.

Yukon, I watched a bit of the Sharks and Ducks and there is no way SJ can win this series with Nabokov playing so poorly in goal. BTW, has anyone seen Joe Thorton.... :D

Good job from Jussi Jokinen in the latest Carolina - New Jersey game. Nice to see finnish players succeeding in the play-offs.

I think that the Capitals will still rise from their position, especially after that 4-0 win in the last game.

I say San Jose can win it. Because I still dont believe Anaheim is that good. When I read your post I thought they had lost as it was 3-2 Sharks when I went to sleep. 2-1 now. Are you kidding? I thought St Louis was going to win when they got a 4 min power play in OT> I only knew this by following the ticker. I did see they outshot you guys pretty good so they never quit. The next round will be much tougher as Im sure you know. Broduer will be ready next game. Did you see how pissed he was after the game? Must admit it was a bit lucky, scoring a point shot on Broduer with less than 1 sec. The bad news for carolina is that somehow they managed to blow a 3-0 lead. Not good.

St Louis were very unlucky in many of the games in this series. They are a great young team that will be a force for years to come.

The thing about Anaheim is that they have a deadly power play and a great defence. SJ got their win last night but Nabokov has looked very weak so far. Personally, I hope SJ does win the series but they are taking too many stuoid penalty's and as I said Nabokov is not helping their cause either.

Looking forward to game 4 of the Chicago / Calgary series tonight. It should be a very heated game but I expect Iginla to be a real force. I think the Blackhawks made a mistake by trying to get under his skin the other night. He is one of those players that you don't want to do that to as he usually answers back with a couple of goals. Overall though, Chicago is showing that they are not just a young team who are happy just to be in the playoffs. The Boolin Wall has played great and we all know how far a great goaltender can take a team

I think the one team Detroit may not want to see is Anaheim. For the reason that they are one team that can match them physically. And you would have Babcock against his old team. Would be interesting. Still think the Sharks can win though.

Nobody want's to play the Ducks. They beat up on anyone they play. Even if SJ wins this series, they will be one sore team

Habs fans may have brought passion, but they sure forgot to bring class tonight. Booing a clearly over-matched team, a very good goalie in his second year, and throwing rubbish on the ice after the game. Gainey had tears in his eyes after the game. Couple that with the booing of the US national anthem last game, and it's no wonder other fans love to hate them. A little respect goes a long way.

Habs fans may have brought passion, but they sure forgot to bring class tonight. Booing a clearly over-matched team, a very good goalie in his second year, and throwing rubbish on the ice after the game. Gainey had tears in his eyes after the game. Couple that with the booing of the US national anthem last game, and it's no wonder other fans love to hate them. A little respect goes a long way.

Yep, no class what so ever. Last night the Blues fans were cheering for their team after they lost the series ! Now there's a class act

Calgary has tied their series, I think this one goes seven. If Washington can win at home I still believe they can make a series of it. The reason the Rangers won was Lunquist only. they were outplayed.

Goalie play is always the deciding factor in playoffs Varlamov may a crucial mistake, when he dropped a lazy shot. The loose change was picked up by the Rangers. Miscues always end up costing in close games.

Since Versus has shoved the Penguins down our throats again, I see the N Jersey/Car score is 0-0. Can I assume that Broduer and Ward are making great saves or is it just jammed up at the red line type of game? Let me know Rorer as I know you probably have that game available.

Great saves are abound!!!It's going to get physical.I just know it! :nhl_checking:

Too bad you're having the Pens slammed down your throat,that's gotta suck

Since Versus has shoved the Penguins down our throats again, I see the N Jersey/Car score is 0-0. Can I assume that Broduer and Ward are making great saves or is it just jammed up at the red line type of game? Let me know Rorer as I know you probably have that game available.

You can watch it on the internet, Yukon, though the quality isn't always the best.

Looks like the Sharks are going to roll over again. So much for blaming Wilson. They did themselves no good by firing him. Hey Rorer, you cant win them all. I dont see you posting, must be pissed over that game? But you have to admit, Broduer just never seems to get older. The Devils have pretty much always had the hockey Gods on their side. Always tough to beat them. So Ally, if Anaheim wins who do you guys play? Or does it depend on the Chicago/Calgary series?

If the Ducks win, we'll be playing the winner of the Chicago/Calgary series

Looks like the Sharks are going to roll over again. So much for blaming Wilson. They did themselves no good by firing him. Hey Rorer, you cant win them all. I dont see you posting, must be pissed over that game? But you have to admit, Broduer just never seems to get older. The Devils have pretty much always had the hockey Gods on their side. Always tough to beat them. So Ally, if Anaheim wins who do you guys play? Or does it depend on the Chicago/Calgary series?

No,I wasn't pissed.I was frustrated and I stayed out late last night and missed the 3rd period,long story...Brodeur and Ward were both playing very well.I was hoping to pull that one out.We had our chances and Brodeur was smokin' us.

Archived