The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Lafleur found guilty of giving contradictory testimony

"After his son was arrested in 2007 on assault charges, Lafleur agreed to supervise him as part of his bail conditions, which included a curfew.

When asked in court if Mark had ever failed to spend a night at home during the time he was under curfew, Lafleur said no.

But at his son's review for the bail hearing, Lafleur told a judge that he drove Mark to a hotel to meet his 16-year old girlfriend, because he felt it was important for them to spend some intimate time together." :huh::slapface:

Lafleur found guilty of giving contradictory testimony

"After his son was arrested in 2007 on assault charges, Lafleur agreed to supervise him as part of his bail conditions, which included a curfew.

When asked in court if Mark had ever failed to spend a night at home during the time he was under curfew, Lafleur said no.

But at his son's review for the bail hearing, Lafleur told a judge that he drove Mark to a hotel to meet his 16-year old girlfriend, because he felt it was important for them to spend some intimate time together." :huh::slapface:

Yeah, there's a good parent for ya :slapface: Living proof that just because you are a superstar in sport, it doesn't mean your the brightest spark on the planet. What an idiot <_<

Damn Ally, it was 2-0 and now your boys are getting smoked. This Chicago team is scary. They dont quit and seem to have the magic. havent seen Rorer. I dont know Rorer, I do believe there are just some teams that are jinxed by others. Boston is your guy's jinx team for sure. Not saying they cant bounce back but so far they have been smoked 5 straight. The first game may have been due to the long series? Its always an advantage to the rested team I believe. Im sure you guys will be eating the couch in the next game. Its fun, but stressfull at the same time isnt it? I think Wash/Pitt will go seven. Should be a good series. Leaning towards the Caps.

Well Yukon, I think we made the critical mistake of taking our foot off the gas once we were up by two. We let Chicago off the hook and they made us pay for it. Luongo was not at his best either. All credit to the Hawks though. They are a good team but, I don't see us playing that poorly again.

How do you figure Anaheim? They sleep walk through most of the season, barely making the playoffs and now they are giving Detroit fits. And in basketball you have a 500 team in Chicago almost beating Boston. The playoff system will never be reduced as it would lose a ton of money for the leagues. But you have to wonder if it is really right for a team that did so bad during the regular season to get a shot at knocking off the top teams? Football and Baseball are more conservative as to how many teams get in.

Anyway, does anyone know, like you Ally, how many games will be played next year during the Winter Olympic season? Will the Olympics have an effect on the length of the season>? I know there will be a two week break in the season, but wondering if they will still play 82?

As far as I know Yukon, it will be an 82 game schedule.

Chicago.

They are a hell of a team Ronniedawg. I still think we'll beat them but, I really like the the way they play.

Are you kidding? Hiller let in a soft one too. Get real.

Our first goal was incredibly lucky, it comes with being a Red Wing :P

Mikhail Samuelssons goal was a soft one yes, but Hiller looked as though he believed the shot was going topshelf and by the time he realized it was for the five hole, it was too late. But yes, still a soft one.

I don't know if you actually watched the whole game or not, but I can assure you I did. Hiller was unstoppable in overtime and late in the third period. I have no idea where this guy came from but he had some reamarkable saves. Yes, he let in an easy one, but the rest of his game was incredibly solid.

Our first goal was incredibly lucky, it comes with being a Red Wing :P

Mikhail Samuelssons goal was a soft one yes, but Hiller looked as though he believed the shot was going topshelf and by the time he realized it was for the five hole, it was too late. But yes, still a soft one.

I don't know if you actually watched the whole game or not, but I can assure you I did. Hiller was unstoppable in overtime and late in the third period. I have no idea where this guy came from but he had some reamarkable saves. Yes, he let in an easy one, but the rest of his game was incredibly solid.

Hiller was the same against San Jose. He did play his fair share of games during the regular season but like you, I hadn't really heard of him prior to the playoffs.

it is very surprising that Giguere was replaced. As great as he has been for them in the past. I still dont get this Ducks team. Play like shit all year and wake up just in time. Hell, Atlanta beat them one night in their own building 7-1! Unbelievable.

Can't ignore the talent that is there. Probably the best power play in the league and still not that far removed from being the champs themselves. I think most of their player's know that this may be the last time they get the chance to win it all as a team. The salary cap is going to eat them up

Neidermeyer and Pronger will probably be gone. I think Neidermeyer will retire. They are dangerous for sure. But so far Chicago just seems to have lady luck on their side. Time will tell. You guys must win one in Chicago or its lights out. nice to be in the second round but stressfull too isnt it? Gulp gulp! :o:drunk:

It is stressfull but it's also a whole lotta fun :D Yep, we need to win one in Chicago alright, Better still, win both in Chicago. Don't think we can play as bad as we did in game 2 again but I don't want to take anything away from the Blackhawks either. This series will be hard fought all the way till the end

Archived