The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

start of the 3rd Period...

4-1 Tampa Bay over Buffalo...

end of the 3rd period...

7-4 Buffalo over Tampa Bay... B)

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Let's go, Buffalo. -_-

Boston and Philly are both toast. Sabres will pass them both.

start of the 3rd Period...

4-1 Tampa Bay over Buffalo...

end of the 3rd period...

7-4 Buffalo over Tampa Bay... B)

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Let's go, Buffalo. -_-

Thanks to Montreal we can catch Boston and Philly tonight. Have to hope the Rangers take care of Philly. they should. We will pound the leafs again.

:cheer: GO LEAFS GO :cheer: GO LEAFS GO :cheer:

They are stinking up the joint just like the Sabres. Up 3-1 with 8 minutes left and we let 4 shots in from no mans land. We are both toast. Barring a miracle. The only savingn grace could be Boston and Philly losing there next games.

Who is your team. I hate the Rangers too as they are robbers of other teams players. Big market yankees of the NHL. Im a Sabres fan. And you???

The Red Wings are the Yankees of the NHL. I don't know how many sports columnists over the years have made that connection. The 2002 Red Wings had no fewer than 6 future HOF'ers on the ice at any one time:

Nick Lidstrom

Steve Yzerman

Brendan Shanahan

Brett Hull

Chris Chelios

Dominik Hasek

That's not counting Scotty Bowman behind the bench, either. It's actually because of the Red Wings that the NHL instituted the salary cap. A lot of smaller teams were complaining that they couldn't compete against a team like Detroit, who had the financial means to pad their lineup like that.

The Red Wings are the Yankees of the NHL. I don't know how many sports columnists over the years have made that connection. The 2002 Red Wings had no fewer than 6 future HOF'ers on the ice at any one time:

Nick Lidstrom

Steve Yzerman

Brendan Shanahan

Brett Hull

Chris Chelios

Dominik Hasek

That's not counting Scotty Bowman behind the bench, either. It's actually because of the Red Wings that the NHL instituted the salary cap. A lot of smaller teams were complaining that they couldn't compete against a team like Detroit, who had the financial means to pad their lineup like that.

While not quite as greedy as the Rangers, Detroit is a big market and it is tough for teams like Buffalo, Colombus, as examples to keep up. I knew as soon as we won the Presidents Cup last year teams like Rangers and the dirty stinking Flyers would try and steal our players and did. Thankfully we have a good GM and he has done a masterfull job of bringing great young players up through the minors like Roy and Pommenville and Miller. We will be heard from in the next few years if not sooner. After two Buffalo 1 Montreal 1. Even though we are outplaying them. We need this one big time.

Archived