The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

I agree with Ally's pics with the exception of Detroit. Cant see Phoenix beating them. lETS GO BUFFALO!!!!! 2s6mzas.jpg

Phoenix has the look of a confident team and did a lot to help themselves at the trade deadline. If there is a darkhorse in the west it's them although, calling a team that had over 100 points a dark horse is a stretch. Can't understand why nobody is taking them seriously. Nobody's even giving them a chance against the Wings. Well, I am tongue.gif

Being a Bruins fan its tough to see everyone pick them to be the first team knocked out of the post season. That said I realize that the team this year lacks any sort of offensive threat with Savard hurt. So it would not shock me in the least to see the B's lose in 4 or 5. All I am going to say is that our young goalie Tuuka Rask is very capable of stealing a few games for us in these playoffs. The only games we will win will be 1-0 or 2-1.

(Crosses fingers for lucky bounces)

This is how I see it. If the Dead Wings can lose four straight in the playoffs, I'll be able to watch the Tigers in HD once again. If they win, I'm stuck with this lousy analog picture until the middle of June. :slapface:

Being a Bruins fan its tough to see everyone pick them to be the first team knocked out of the post season. That said I realize that the team this year lacks any sort of offensive threat with Savard hurt. So it would not shock me in the least to see the B's lose in 4 or 5. All I am going to say is that our young goalie Tuuka Rask is very capable of stealing a few games for us in these playoffs. The only games we will win will be 1-0 or 2-1.

(Crosses fingers for lucky bounces)

One thing about the playoffs is that it's like a whole new season and nobody can be taken lightly. The Bruins are a better team than they showed during the regular season . I'm not underestimating them at all. I just happen to think it's Buffalo's year to go to the finals and the Bruins are unlucky to be facing them in the first round. I expect the games to be close though and Boston could win a couple.

One thing about the playoffs is that it's like a whole new season and nobody can be taken lightly. The Bruins are a better team than they showed during the regular season . I'm not underestimating them at all. I just happen to think it's Buffalo's year to go to the finals and the Bruins are unlucky to be facing them in the first round. I expect the games to be close though and Boston could win a couple.

I agree with that. Buffalo could end up making it to the finals this year. After all they should change the name of the game from Hockey to Goalie, and Miller is the best in the business right now.

And...I FEEL GOOOOOD!!! Couldn't even bring myself to post about the hit on Lidstrom Wednesday, was expecting MAJOR payback tonight, and boy did we get the best kind!! Forget a big hit, I'll take the win! 7 to 4!!! Whew! Glad I was drinking at the time because I needed it!

I don't even know who to pick to out to congratulate...great job, everybody (after the first period, anyway)! Zets and the hat trick, FILPPULA and the two goals (sorry I doubted you, dude), and mofo-in' Abdelkader, y'all! Best freaking idea ever - Williams out, Darth Kader in. Let the octopus fly (and it did, too)!!

Couple of games into the first round and a few suprises already. Montreal getting a split away in Washington and Colorado doing the same in San Jose. TBH, as split is rather flattering to the home teams.

As for my Canucks, I'm not suprised that LA managed to win a game here. With a bit of luck, they could have won both . Gotta play for 60min in this league or you'll face elimination in a hurry !

Couple of games into the first round and a few suprises already. Montreal getting a split away in Washington and Colorado doing the same in San Jose. TBH, as split is rather flattering to the home teams.

As for my Canucks, I'm not suprised that LA managed to win a game here. With a bit of luck, they could have won both . Gotta play for 60min in this league or you'll face elimination in a hurry !

This is truly turning out to be a follow the bouncing puck playoffs. Anything goes especially after that San Jose own goal. You are so right about playing for 60 mins. There has not been a lopsided game to date. Even The Predator / Blackhawks game 4-1 was a result of a pulled goalie in the waning minutes. Just like you predicted no sweeps in this round.

This is truly turning out to be a follow the bouncing puck playoffs. Anything goes especially after that San Jose own goal. You are so right about playing for 60 mins. There has not been a lopsided game to date. Even The Predator / Blackhawks game 4-1 was a result of a pulled goalie in the waning minutes. Just like you predicted no sweeps in this round.

The Sharks fans must be pulling their hair out ! As in previous years, this overly talented team continues to disappoint. If the offence is going good, the defence and goaltending let's them down. If the goaltending is good, the offence couldn't buy a goal. Boyles own goal was a heartbreaker but on it's own, it can't be blamed for the loss. Just like game 2 they had plenty of chances to put that game away and should have. If they can't or don't rally around Boyle and come up with a win then not only will the series be over but I think that whole club will be looking at a major overhaul.

As for no lopsided games, there really isn't that much between most of these teams. Mind you, I thought the Penguins showed some real character yesterday. If that continues, my prediction of Ottawa winning that seies will be way off base.

The Sabres should be inspired knowing that Vanek will be coming back. But not tonight. we need to win without him. I hope they run Rask and send Kaleta right after Boychuck. Fat ass Claude Julien and his innocent comments. It is on! I cant believe some of these series. I mean, how do you figure Montreal giving Washington so much trouble or Nashville giving Chicago so much? And the Devils cant beat the Flyers? San Jose to me is going to come back and bury Colorado. They totally dominated them. No way will Colorado get away with it again. I am hoping for some guys like Connolly and Roy and Pommenville and Myers to bring their A game tonight. GO SABRES

Buffalo, Vancouver, New Jersey, Detroit all are in the same boat with the same mission. Win the next game and tie the series or be up against it and start hearing stories of the old Winnipeg Jets and how they came back from 3-1. Hopefull that Vanek will be back. Also hopeful Lindy will send Kaleta after some of their dirty players that are only out to injure guys. Boychuck has an X on his jersey but I would run Rask through damn glass if given the opportunity.

Gotta say I'm extremely disappointed with the way Vancouver have played against LA. but give the KIngs credit. They have been doing all the little things that win games and are playing smart hockey. They fully deserve to be leading the series. Luongo has been poor but our defencemen are also doing a terrible job of clearing the net.

The next game is do or die for us !

Bruins all the way. Ally wherever you are I would just like to let you know that I'm smiling because of Tuuka Rask. I told you he could pull off a game or two for us.

Now all I have to do is hope that the B's dont fall apart and lose 3 straight.

Bruins all the way. Ally wherever you are I would just like to let you know that I'm smiling because of Tuuka Rask. I told you he could pull off a game or two for us.

Now all I have to do is hope that the B's dont fall apart and lose 3 straight.

Yes you did ! That save in OT was out of this world. He's been strong all series but so has Miller. I hate bitching about the officials but even die hard Bruin fans would have to admit that the hit on Lucic was not a penalty. I also thought the call for too many men in OT was dubious at best. The rule allows 5 ft. The Buffalo player was maybe 6 ft away . Not the type of call anyone would expect in OT. Still, give the Bruins credit. Everyone wrote them off, including me, and they're one of a number of teams who are proving that the regular season means nothing come playoff time. Not ready to write off Buffalo and New Jersey just yet though tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

As far as I can tell, it's anybody's game. I mean, I would expect the Caps to beat the Habs, but it hasn't been anywhere NEAR as clear cut as I expected it to be. Sabres-Bruins is surprisingly close, too. Then there's Detroit and Phoenix...I think this is a conspiracy by the Red Wings to get me committed to the loony bin, that's all I can figure out. I mean, it's probably where I belong, but they could've saved themselves a lot of drama and just asked me to make an appointment with County Health. ;)

In other news, hey hey! The Sharks made it to Round 2 despite all their efforts to the contrary! Please make it to Round 2, Wings, so I don't have to cheer for them.

Archived