Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
wanna be drummer

The NHL Thread

Not so fast Black Dawg. The Sabres are far from done fella. And you better hope that Washington plays better than they are against Montreal or else! They are still in a series themselves. They havent beaten Montreal yet.

f20l1t.jpg

Whelp! You are right about My Caps and the Knives. Buffalo will have to play well to tie it up tonight and I am hoping the Caps can find some o tonight.

Whelp! You are right about My Caps and the Knives. Buffalo will have to play well to tie it up tonight and I am hoping the Caps can find some o tonight.

That didn't go well at all......

Great job Habs! :P:P Now let's go to Washington and kick some more butt B) I feel bad for all the Sabres fans on here. I was pulling for them to beat the Bruins but it just didn't happen :(

Great job Habs! tongue.giftongue.gif Now let's go to Washington and kick some more butt cool.gif I feel bad for all the Sabres fans on here. I was pulling for them to beat the Bruins but it just didn't happen sad.gif

Halak had one heck of a game. Playoff teams only advance with hot goalies. I am hoping he won't be as hot as he was in The Bell Centre. Maybe The Verizon Center will ring a different tune.

halak_jpg_610101gm-a.jpg

Montreal gets outshot 53 to 22 at home and escapes against a superior team. If they were to pull this off it would be one of the biggest upsets ever. But it would not be good for the sport as a whole outside of Quebec. Wont happen. I say Washington 9 Montreal 1. No way can he save them again. Think the Sharks and Red Wings will go seven and OT. Tough one to call. Ill pick San Jose barely. Think Vancouver will surprise alot of people and take care of a too young and not good enough goaltending team in Chicago. Yes, Vancouver in 6. If Vanek doesnt get taken out in game two, we win. And losing Hecht didnt help either Still, The damn refs did their bullshit job as usual. Giving Boston the double OT win and even at the end when Vanek scored and they iced the puck with teh sixth attacker out, they dont call the fucking icing and sealed our fate. What happened to the league calling the constant interference calls? Guys going into the zone and now being allowed to pin the guy into the boards with no call. Bettman sucks. Campbell sucks. And Montreal and Philly suck and will be melba toast soon enough.

I hope the Habs pull off the upset tonight. I think the Caps will choke again in the playoffs and the Canadiens pull out the victory. I don't mind if the Habs are highly underrated in this series. Doesn't matter to me at all.

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! HABS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I usually hate them but any team that defeats Ovechkin is a team I root for in the playoffs.

p.s. nice to see Ottawa keeping up their playoff consistency :lol:

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! HABS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I usually hate them but any team that defeats Ovechkin is a team I root for in the playoffs.

p.s. nice to see Ottawa keeping up their playoff consistency :lol:

Thanks alot. I'm so excited right now. :yay::yay: I know alot of people hate them but that's because of all the Stanley Cups. I'm just so happy they won and I'm sure quite a few people are shocked but they really shouldn't be. It's obvious over the past three games that the Canadiens have been the better team. :banana: Halak is unstoppable :notworthy: Bring it on Pens :slapshot:

Thanks alot. I'm so excited right now. :yay::yay: I know alot of people hate them but that's because of all the Stanley Cups. I'm just so happy they won and I'm sure quite a few people are shocked but they really shouldn't be. It's obvious over the past three games that the Canadiens have been the better team. :banana: Halak is unstoppable :notworthy: Bring it on Pens :slapshot:

Well when they play the Leafs, I love to hate them, too, but this rivalry is great fun. It seems the ghosts from the old forum are finally returning as being down 3-1 needed nothing short of a miracle to get the Habs to win.

It's actually quite rare for the top overall team to win the Cup. It's just one of those weird stats. Detroit kept winning the Presidents' Trophy a few years back and it almost became a curse for the playoffs. A lot of pressure for the top team.

Also, my distaste for Ovechkin has been growing since before the Olympics. He's not a goon, but the antics after he scored, the apathy for backchecking, and most recently taunging the Habs goalie (just three random things on the growing list) really make me glad that the hockey gods have seen to it to teach him a lesson in humility and playing the game the right way.

The better team? Are you nuts? Outshot 53-22 and then by another ridiculous number tonight. A hot goalie pulls the biggest series upset in modern NHL history, post 1968ish. Give me a break. I sat 20 feet from Halak as the Sabres beat him 6-2 when they came to Buffalo. I just wrote the senior editor at CBS who knows me quite well and told him its time for a BYE for the top teams. You dont play 82 games to have bad teams like Montreal win with a hot goalie. And ultimately they will be taken apart by Pittsburgh. Its a joke. I dont feel so bad now that the Sabres were upset and I do feel for the Caps fans and Black Dawg. But a BYE is the right thing. Do you really think Montreal will win the cup? ha. What a joke. Just bet a friend on the four series. I think he was half awake, but here is what I have. Pittsburgh over Montreal, Boston over Philly, Vancouver over chicago and the only one that scares me I took San Jose over Detroit. That will be a tough series. Montreal's win was a bad thing for the NHL. It will hurt the ratings big time. You wont care in Montreal but someday you may care when you are financially strapped again. The better team lost. And not just the better team. A far better team. Drink your beers tonight Montreal fans, your celebration will be short lived. Lady luck will run out.

The thing is, the Caps cruised into the playoffs, having secured a spot weeks ago. The Habs, on the other hand, had to claw and scrape their way into it. If I recall correctly, they got in on the last day of regular season. The point: the playoffs are a different game all together, and the Habs had been playing playoff hockey going into this series.

It's not just Halak who had a great series. The Habs are far less skilled than the offensive juggernaut of the Caps, but the Habs did what they had to to win. They blocked shots. They had better positioning in terms of man to man D and placing their sticks in passing lanes. They had a consistent O plan and executed it. They beat the Caps to the puck. The Caps even had a power play in the final two minutes of the game, plus they pulled the goalie, and they still couldn't score. Simply put, the Caps were outworked when it mattered the most.

Nobody should get a bye just because their first. That's what make the playoffs exciting. You have to raise your game. The Caps came in expecting this series to be like the regular season. If you don't adjust mentally, hungry teams will catch you napping. No team's going to just lie down in the post season (except, apparently, Ottawa - it's amazing what a lame playoff horse that is).

And as for this being bad for the game, well, that's just wrong to anyone who watches hockey. Slaying the giant is always a great story. And while I agree that the Pens will likely take that series, there's no way that the rest of Canada (at least) isn't also pulling for the Habs and Canucks. That this story has interest only in Quebec is laughable.

The better team? Are you nuts? Outshot 53-22 and then by another ridiculous number tonight. A hot goalie pulls the biggest series upset in modern NHL history, post 1968ish. Give me a break. I sat 20 feet from Halak as the Sabres beat him 6-2 when they came to Buffalo. I just wrote the senior editor at CBS who knows me quite well and told him its time for a BYE for the top teams. You dont play 82 games to have bad teams like Montreal win with a hot goalie. And ultimately they will be taken apart by Pittsburgh. Its a joke. I dont feel so bad now that the Sabres were upset and I do feel for the Caps fans and Black Dawg. But a BYE is the right thing. Do you really think Montreal will win the cup? ha. What a joke. Just bet a friend on the four series. I think he was half awake, but here is what I have. Pittsburgh over Montreal, Boston over Philly, Vancouver over chicago and the only one that scares me I took San Jose over Detroit. That will be a tough series. Montreal's win was a bad thing for the NHL. It will hurt the ratings big time. You wont care in Montreal but someday you may care when you are financially strapped again. The better team lost. And not just the better team. A far better team. Drink your beers tonight Montreal fans, your celebration will be short lived. Lady luck will run out.

Are you talking to me? I'm not sure but I don't know if anyone else on here is a Habs fan. Yes I do realize that the better team lost but I don't care. I'm a Canadiens fan and it was great to see the Caps get knocked out. And I'm not really sure if Montreal will win the Cup or not. I know that may sound strange as they are by far the underdog but I stay positive no matter what. Whatever put downs or negativity aimed at the Habs doesn't bother me at all. :) As a Cleveland sports fan (Cavs,Browns,Indians) you have to stay positive. My teams go through enough losing so if the Pens knock out the Habs I'm not going to cry or be angry. I'm a positive, happy person and I never think about the worst thing that could happen. :D:D

The thing is, the Caps cruised into the playoffs, having secured a spot weeks ago. The Habs, on the other hand, had to claw and scrape their way into it. If I recall correctly, they got in on the last day of regular season. The point: the playoffs are a different game all together, and the Habs had been playing playoff hockey going into this series.

It's not just Halak who had a great series. The Habs are far less skilled than the offensive juggernaut of the Caps, but the Habs did what they had to to win. They blocked shots. They had better positioning in terms of man to man D and placing their sticks in passing lanes. They had a consistent O plan and executed it. They beat the Caps to the puck. The Caps even had a power play in the final two minutes of the game, plus they pulled the goalie, and they still couldn't score. Simply put, the Caps were outworked when it mattered the most.

Nobody should get a bye just because their first. That's what make the playoffs exciting. You have to raise your game. The Caps came in expecting this series to be like the regular season. If you don't adjust mentally, hungry teams will catch you napping. No team's going to just lie down in the post season (except, apparently, Ottawa - it's amazing what a lame playoff horse that is).

And as for this being bad for the game, well, that's just wrong to anyone who watches hockey. Slaying the giant is always a great story. And while I agree that the Pens will likely take that series, there's no way that the rest of Canada (at least) isn't also pulling for the Habs and Canucks. That this story has interest only in Quebec is laughable.

Right on! I didn't realize you're a Leafs fan but that's cool. It's a great rivalry. The Habs did have to fight and scratch to get into the playoffs and they played with more hunger and fire than the Caps. David does beat Goliath sometimes. I don't see how the story of the Habs beating the Capitals would be only of interest in Quebec. I'm an Ohioan and I'm a Habs fan. That's ridiculous. Cleveland doesn't have an NHL team so I'm a Canadiens fan.

Wow!!! What a game!!! MY HABS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'm with you Kashmir330 and Patrycja - the playoffs are their own thing, the Habs showed up when it counted - and that's all that counts, grapes!

edited to add this:

BYEs are for PUSSIES

Edited by erings

Wow!!! What a game!!! MY HABS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'm with you Kashmir330 and Patrycja - the playoffs are their own thing, the Habs showed up when it counted - and that's all that counts, grapes!

edited to add this:

BYEs are for PUSSIES

I'm excited to :D Who cares if the Habs were the underdogs. They played better when it mattered the most and they're moving on and the Caps aren't. GO HABS!!! :hurrah:

Not the first time by any means that the Habs have done away with a heavily favoured team with hot goaltending and the will to win. In 71 they eliminated the heavily favoured and talented ( Orr, Esposito, Bucyk, Sanderson ) defending champion Boston Bruins and later in the final beat the heavily favoured Blackhawks with an up and coming rookie named Ken Dryden between the pipes. In 93 they ousted the heavily favoured Quebec Nordique and rode Patrick Roy the rest of the way to winning the cup. Not sure that this years version of the dragon slayers have enough to beat Pittsburgh but it's a great story and, just because I'd love to see the Canucks beat them in the final, I'd love to see them do it biggrin.gif If we can get by the Blackhawks that is unsure.gif

Not the first time by any means that the Habs have done away with a heavily favoured team with hot goaltending and the will to win. In 71 they eliminated the heavily favoured and talented ( Orr, Esposito, Bucyk, Sanderson ) defending champion Boston Bruins and later in the final beat the heavily favoured Blackhawks with an up and coming rookie named Ken Dryden between the pipes. In 93 they ousted the heavily favoured Quebec Nordique and rode Patrick Roy the rest of the way to winning the cup. Not sure that this years version of the dragon slayers have enough to beat Pittsburgh but it's a great story and, just because I'd love to see the Canucks beat them in the final, I'd love to see them do it biggrin.gif If we can get by the Blackhawks that is unsure.gif

Hot goaltenders always rule in the playoffs. Halak allowed only two pucks past him of the 96 shots he faced over the last two games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=3116

Hi all,

Go BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KB

I second that Motion. Go Bruins!!

On a side note I would like to cal out Ally once again. Could we please not mention that series with Ken Dryden anymore? I am glad I wasn't alive to see that. However I guess I could have seen Zep in concert.

I second that Motion. Go Bruins!!

On a side note I would like to cal out Ally once again. Could we please not mention that series with Ken Dryden anymore? I am glad I wasn't alive to see that. However I guess I could have seen Zep in concert.

biggrin.gif

There is something to be said for being older. Can't remember what it was though laugh.gif

Ken Dryden ROCKS!

Really, I've met him, he's a nice man.smile.gif

He shoulda stayed out of politics though....

:P

He shoulda stayed out of politics though....

tongue.gif

no comment! wink.gif

Montreal will be toast. They only managed to ruin the ratings and give Pittsburgh an easier way to the finals. Washington would have beaten them. I don't like it. I think there should be a BYE. If you win 50 plus games and you give a team that won twenty plus games a chance to knock you off with a hot goalie, it diminishes the importance of the regular season. Montreal is the second worst team in the Northeast division. Pittsburgh will beat them. I dont care if it take 4, 5 or 6 it will happen. Boston could give Pittsburgh a good fight and maybe even beat them. I believe the west will win, either Vancouver or San Jose or Detroit. I believe that it will be Vancouver and San Jose in the Western final and the winner takes it all. My heart is with Vancouver, but the Sharks are for real too. Detroit must be respected too as always. I am not a Washington fan, but as a fan of the game, I dont like to see the better team lose. I have no doubt that the better team lost. And the same goes for my Sabres who lost their best player and it made the difference. You have to be good, lucky, and injury free to survive. So much for Rask being so great. Somehow he let Philly back in that one and I guess that one could go either way. Especially if Boston falls asleep on offense. Hard to not like Henrik Sedin. Great player and so too is Samuelson. Go Canucks. Lets hope in the off season, they get rid of that stupid delay of game penalty that probably cost my team the series and they need to start to enforce the interference again. Or else we wind up watching wrestling.