The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

I hate the Flyers. Their coach outcoached Quenville tonight. Quenville stood there with his dick in his hand. The bad news for Philly is not being down 2-0. Its the fact they are going home. Against a Chicago team that plays far better on the road than at home. Just ask Vancouver and San Jose, both teams that are far more talented than the Flyers. Chicago is not Boston. It will be over sooner than later. Maybe Philly splits at home? Maybe not. But Chicago was on a mission from day one. I believed all year they would eventually win it. If they were playing Washington, who knows. What scares me about Washington is that Hershey is playing for the Calder Cup and should win it. Just imagine the talent.

Hey you have got to love playoff hockey! It is nice to see the boys getting a serious hate on for each other. Playoff hockey is the best.

Expecting Chicago to turn on the jets and win the next one big. Ill bet some fans in Chicago are kind of happy they will go back there. They would rather see them win it at home.

Just got back from Game 4 tonight. What an atmosphere. Nothing like a Philly sports crowd. My ears are still ringing from the noise. I'm really feeling it now people. Two more and the Cup is ours. Like I said, Flyers in six games. My only question now is do I spend big to watch us win it all Wednesday night? Can't wait. LET'S GO FLYERS!!!

Just got back from Game 4 tonight. What an atmosphere. Nothing like a Philly sports crowd. My ears are still ringing from the noise. I'm really feeling it now people. Two more and the Cup is ours. Like I said, Flyers in six games. My only question now is do I spend big to watch us win it all Wednesday night? Can't wait. LET'S GO FLYERS!!!

Well if Chicago doesn't wake up, the Flyers will be hockey's version of the 69 Mets in my opinion. Still think Chicago will get it done. Quenville will be labeled like Shottenheimer if they find a way to blow this. I still think Chicago has too much talent and will prevail. I would rather see the Yankees win than the Flyers. And I hate the Yankees.

Well if Chicago doesn't wake up, the Flyers will be hockey's version of the 69 Mets in my opinion. Still think Chicago will get it done. Quenville will be labeled like Shottenheimer if they find a way to blow this. I still think Chicago has too much talent and will prevail. I would rather see the Yankees win than the Flyers. And I hate the Yankees.

TBH, with a little bit of luck, the Flyers could have been hoisting the cup last night. So far Pronger has owned the Hawks and they seem a bit intimidated to go to the net. If they plan on winning this series, they'll have to be willing to sacrifice the body a whole lot more than they have. Philly seems willing to do what ever it takes and look hungrier

TBH, with a little bit of luck, the Flyers could have been hoisting the cup last night. So far Pronger has owned the Hawks and they seem a bit intimidated to go to the net. If they plan on winning this series, they'll have to be willing to sacrifice the body a whole lot more than they have. Philly seems willing to do what ever it takes and look hungrier

It is beyond comprehension for me to imagine the Flyers winning this thing. Montreal and their hot streaky goalie deprived us of a Wahington/Chicago matchup that would have been a far more entertaining final IMO. The Flyers win a shootout over the Rangers and everything bounced their way. Montreal had nothing left after expending all their energy upsettiing Washington and Pittsburgh. As for Boston's collapse the one injury to Krejci played a huge role. I say if Vanek does not get injured the Sabres would have beaten them and it would have changed everything. The Flyers do not impress me. Chicago needs to play like they did against the Sharks and Canucks, both of whom are far better than the Flyers. Win tonight, and get it done. Teows, to me is the key and maybe a young Kane who would be a bonus to step it up tonight. I hope that Chicago sends someone after that punk Briere. Send him oved the boards. nhl_checking.gif If there is anything I will concede, Quenville has been outcoached so far. Where are you Scotty Bowman? Laying in the weeds? I expect the Blackhawks to show up tonight. The one thing that makes them vulnerable is goaltending. Chicago is the better team, no doubt about it. The goaltending on both sides is average at best even though I think Chicago has gotten the better play from their guy. Go Hawks! I want the best team to win. And the Hawks are the best team and that cannot be argued. How many teams had 100 points or more? Philly is not on that list. Vancouver and Buffalo are Ally. When are the breaks going to go our way? Maybe this 40 year anniversary season that is coming? Hoping one of them gets there if not both.

Awards are coming soon. Two predictions, bias I will admit, Miller for the Vezina, not a lock, and Tyler Myers for the Calder, (best rookie) a cinch and a done deal.

Chicago is becoming, my kind of town! Beat those Flyers!! Kane has a heck of a career in front of him. Of course Emery had to mention he grew up a Sabres fan in Buffalo. If only the Sabres could have gotten him. I don't see Chicago losing three straight on the road. They were the best road team in hockey and I expect them to end it in Philly. Seems that most Cups are won on the road. I think the Rangers win in 94 was one of the rarer and great moments in finals history. Expecially after how they won and beat the Devils in OT. You just don't know how long of a wait you will have to get another kick at the can. But Philly making it to the finals shows that just about anyone can do it if everything falls into place. The 99 SAbres that made it there were not nearly as good as the teams they have had in recent years, but somehow we have managed to get beat in two eastern finals, one due to losing 4 defensemen and this year to Boston thanks to injuries. But you still have to have a good regular season. Philly was lucky to survive and make it in. Still, Montreal's 3-1 comeback against Washington just is not supposed to happen. Washington would have been Chicago's worst nightmare. The Hawks played flawless defense against Vancouver and San Jose, and now they have had some bad lapses. Lapses that a team like Washington would have just hammered them over. If Chicago had played like this against Washington, they would already be finished. But Philly is not deep enough, they are counting on baby faced greedy Briere who walked on us for the buck. He is going down. The Flyers are going down!!! Micheal Jordan was there with a Hawks jersey. What a site that was!! The Flyers won't quit. That's for sure and Im sure they have faith after that miracle comeback against the Bruins. But Chicago is better than the Bruins. Go Hawks!!

This is such a dumb question, but you guys already know I'm dumb, so I might as well ask: I got free tickets to the Draft in LA...should I go? Is there fun fan stuff to do? Or does everybody just sit around for a couple of hours and figure out who they're going to pick and then go home? I'll probably go anyway just because I'll probably never get a better chance to see Steve Yzerman live and in person (fangirl alert), but I just wondered what actually goes on during the thing.

This is such a dumb question, but you guys already know I'm dumb, so I might as well ask: I got free tickets to the Draft in LA...should I go? Is there fun fan stuff to do? Or does everybody just sit around for a couple of hours and figure out who they're going to pick and then go home? I'll probably go anyway just because I'll probably never get a better chance to see Steve Yzerman live and in person (fangirl alert), but I just wondered what actually goes on during the thing.

I would go but Im a hockey junkie. Hey, if you go please post who the Buffalo Sabres take! Also, in case anyone was not aware, the junior world championships are in Buffalo, NY next year. I wonder if this means an extended road trip for my boys? cool.gif

I would go but Im a hockey junkie. Hey, if you go please post who the Buffalo Sabres take! Also, in case anyone was not aware, the junior world championships are in Buffalo, NY next year. I wonder if this means an extended road trip for my boys? cool.gif

Well, I'm turning into a hockey junkie (a noob hockey junkie, but a hockey junkie nonetheless), so I guess I ought to go. I will definitely post who the Sabres take...anybody else want me to post a team's picks?

I hope the Wings get Dylan McIlrath; this team could use some more huevos, especially on defense. I know the Wings are big on having littler dudes with mad skills, but even they had room for Darren McCarty, so I think we could use some of that "can fight AND get the job done" kind of mojo again.

The league usually sets up some fan events but for the most part, it's a lot of schmoozing for GM's and league brass

The Cup is in Philly and I am sure Bobby Hull and Micheal Jordan are too. Go Hawks. Seal the deal! Beat these pretenders!

Speaking of Bobby Hull, he was one of the first to get a hair transplant. I think this was before Elton got his....

Go Philly!!!!!! :P

The league usually sets up some fan events but for the most part, it's a lot of schmoozing for GM's and league brass

Oh cool, well, that's good enough! Thanks. Anyway, I guess I better go now, because if I don't, it won't come back to the West Coast for quite a while, I assume, and I don't want to be kicking myself later on. Not like I have anything else going on, anyway!

Go Chicago. Even I'm rooting for Chicago, the city that chants, "Detroit sucks," before every home game, regardless of whether the Wings are playing or not, so that tells you how highly I think of Philadelphia. Let's get this thing over with tonight...I'm sick of seeing Pronger's face.

Archived