Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
wanna be drummer

The NHL Thread

Boston will no doubt be looking to get rid of Tim Thomas who is not going to settle for a backup to Rask role. They are making a big mistake in my opinion but I believe Washington may go after him unless they go with the kid in Hershey. So Thomas and Price should be available but they will not be cheap. Still, if I were the Flyers, I would strongly consider both. As for my boys, if they can keep Vanek healthy, they can beat anyone. But I want to see Whitney or Frolov in a Sabres uniform. Give up whatever to get them. Ennis will stay up, so perhaps trade Gerbe, Mancari, and both second round picks from Atlanta if necessary. Only thing is, Whitney wants a long term. I would do it but doubt the Sabres brass will.

I believe Whitney is about to agree to terms with Carolina

Thanks for ruining my day Ally!ohmy.gif

tongue.gif TBH, I thought he'd end up somewhere in the western conference.

How 'bout dem Bears?

Congrtaulations Hershey sweetest town in America. Calder Cup Champs Again!!

large_michael_neuvirth.jpg

i am happy they won. I have seen them many times over the years play in Rochester against the Americans back in the day. Looks like the Caps are going to go with tha goalie there? See you in the eastern conference finals next year.

Bertuzzi gets a 30% raise and more than Holmstrom? How wrong is that? I'm not a total Bertuzzi hater (I mean, as far as his level of play goes this past season...don't like the guy on a personal level very much); some people have been on his butt all year, but I think he was okay for what we were paying him. It's not going to really affect anybody else signing, so I guess I shouldn't get my knickers in a twist, but I really want to see him earn that raise, ESPECIALLY since he's now getting paid more than Homer, who is obviously a lot better than him and has been with the Wings since forever.

Man , am I shocked that Montreal traded Halak to St Louis. Shocker!!!!

Think this is a terrible move by Montreal. And a bad move by the Devils. I will make and early prediction for next year. Montreal and Devils do NOT make the playoffs! Who will?

Washington (cinch)

Pittsburgh (cinch)

Buffalo (yes I know, my team, but 100 points and Miller and good youth)

Boston (draft pick from Toronto may bring back some confidence after collapse, but no lock)

Carolina (should bounce back in weak division)

Toronto (will get in with an improving team, great coach and GM)

Philadelphia (if their goaltending doesnt let them down)

NY Rangers (always have the money to turn things around just enough)

Edited by silvermedalist

Senior analyst from CBS just emailed me and said that the Sabres are trying to land Horton from Florida. I hope they do. Get your arse movin Darcy!!!

Nashville's GM should put down the crack pipe. Letting Arnott go for a second rounder and some chump. Dumb bastards. Might as well move them to the AHL and consider them a farm team of New jersey. mad.gif

Edited by silvermedalist

NHL schedule will be released tomorrow afternoon. Awards are this week also. Miller is a heavier favorite for the Vezina than Tyler Myers is for the Calder (rookie of the year). To me Myers should get the Calder hands down. Its not even close. My team opens in Ottawa and then home against the Rangers. Who knows what the Rangers will look like on opening day? Of course the Ice Bowl on New Years will be in Pittsburgh this year in case anyone has not heard. Washington vs Pitttsburgh.

Can't WAIT for the schedule! I got so excited today when I read the Ducks were playing the Wings for a season opener, but then I actually bothered to read WHOSE season opener...it's Detroit's. Rats. The Ducks are playing Vancouver, which is cool, but I'll be saving my money for the Wings games.

Dude, I can't believe Montreal traded Halak, either...talk about screw up of the century. Maybe Price can step it up, but he looks weak as heck at this point. Poor kid, glad it's not me...the fans are going to tear him to pieces if he doesn't do at least as well as Halak. Montreal is not the place I'd want to be if I were a mediocre goalie thrust into the spotlight. And thanks a lot for trading Halak to a Central Division team, you jerks! Just what we needed! :angry:

Hey, so some people at another board were saying that Kovalchuk would be a good fit in LA - they have cap space and he'd look good on a line with Kopitar. Do you think he'd do it? Do you think the Kings would do it? My thought is, they're in a position somewhat like that of Chicago: they've got a lot of young talent that they're going to have to start paying pretty soon, and what will they do once they've signed Mr. Superstar to a big contract (à la Hossa, but on a bigger scale) and have a lot less cap space to work with? Beats me, but for selfish purposes, I'd sure like to see him with the Kings! I like the Kings the most out of the 3 California teams, so it'd be pretty cool to have him there.

Can't WAIT for the schedule! I got so excited today when I read the Ducks were playing the Wings for a season opener, but then I actually bothered to read WHOSE season opener...it's Detroit's. Rats. The Ducks are playing Vancouver, which is cool, but I'll be saving my money for the Wings games.

Dude, I can't believe Montreal traded Halak, either...talk about screw up of the century. Maybe Price can step it up, but he looks weak as heck at this point. Poor kid, glad it's not me...the fans are going to tear him to pieces if he doesn't do at least as well as Halak. Montreal is not the place I'd want to be if I were a mediocre goalie thrust into the spotlight. And thanks a lot for trading Halak to a Central Division team, you jerks! Just what we needed! angry.gif

Hey, so some people at another board were saying that Kovalchuk would be a good fit in LA - they have cap space and he'd look good on a line with Kopitar. Do you think he'd do it? Do you think the Kings would do it? My thought is, they're in a position somewhat like that of Chicago: they've got a lot of young talent that they're going to have to start paying pretty soon, and what will they do once they've signed Mr. Superstar to a big contract (à la Hossa, but on a bigger scale) and have a lot less cap space to work with? Beats me, but for selfish purposes, I'd sure like to see him with the Kings! I like the Kings the most out of the 3 California teams, so it'd be pretty cool to have him there.

Being a Sabres fan, good riddens to him. Not that he played that well against us but he was shocking against the caps and penguins. He can put St Louis back in the playoffs perhaps. Schedule comes out later today. I see that Boston will play Phoenix in Prague. Maybe Hasek will be in the stands putting back some cold ones.

Being a Sabres fan, good riddens to him. Not that he played that well against us but he was shocking against the caps and penguins. He can put St Louis back in the playoffs perhaps. Schedule comes out later today. I see that Boston will play Phoenix in Prague. Maybe Hasek will be in the stands putting back some cold ones.

Hehe, he's out of your hair and right into mine!

Woohoo, the Ducks schedule is lookin' good! Too good; it's going to be hard to decide which ones to go to. I'll definitely be at the two Wings games and the Caps game, but after that, I'm going to have to make some hard choices. I'd like to see NJ (just once before Brodeur retires), Tampa Bay (my new favorite EC team thanks to Stevie Y.), and Pittsburgh (I hate 'em, but they're good), but they're all within days of each other. Hmm.

Hehe, he's out of your hair and right into mine!

Woohoo, the Ducks schedule is lookin' good! Too good; it's going to be hard to decide which ones to go to. I'll definitely be at the two Wings games and the Caps game, but after that, I'm going to have to make some hard choices. I'd like to see NJ (just once before Brodeur retires), Tampa Bay (my new favorite EC team thanks to Stevie Y.), and Pittsburgh (I hate 'em, but they're good), but they're all within days of each other. Hmm.

I am eyeing the Vancouver or Chicago games early in Buffalo. The schedule makers have us playing 4 games in the first 6 nights. At Ottawa, Rangers, Chicago, New Jersey. Chicago being the only one that I fear.

Freaking Chicago just shipped a huge chunk of their team to the Thrashers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/news/story?id=5320715

Wonder if Sopel will still carry the Cup at the gay-pride parade next week in Chicago. Some gay hockey fanclub asked the Hawks if they would do it and they agreed (per ESPN radio).

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5320715

Wonder if Sopel will still carry the Cup at the gay-pride parade next week in Chicago. Some gay hockey fanclub asked the Hawks if they would do it and they agreed (per ESPN radio).

Unloading Byfuglian to the Thrashers might just have saved the Canucks from making a trade themselves. Glad he's gone to the eastern conference wink.gif

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5320715

And that little shit Marty Reasoner went to Chi town. My daughter has been to his cottage in upstate NY> Cant stand him though. Byfungoola is just a piece of meat. Atlanta never does anything smart but maybe this time they did. Still, it will take alot more than his muscle to get them to the playoffs. Cant see it.

He would have been perfect in Philly. A linebacker on skates. I hate we are so strapped against the salary cap. We need to dump one of our vets somehow.

He would have been perfect in Philly. A linebacker on skates. I hate we are so strapped against the salary cap. We need to dump one of our vets somehow.

You are strapped for one reason. Briere. I have a plaque of him in a Sabres uniform. Its going to get a Viking burial.

Well the draft is underway. Somebody wake me up when they get to number 23. I wonder if the draft includes players from overseas? Ie, Russia or Sweden? Or is it limited to US college's and Canadien junior leagues? It is very differant from sport to sport, the NBA had theirs yesterday. The NFL draft is overblown and gets too much air IMO. I guess you can find some great players that get overlooked in all sports.

Had a good time at the Draft! Of course, I didn't get there until 6:30 (I vastly underestimated how in-fricking-credibly jacked up LA traffic is...it took me 4 1/2 hours to get there), so I didn't get to see the top guys get drafted, but I did get there just in time to see the Wings pick Sheahan...hope he turns out good. Glad we finally got somebody with a little size.

Got to see Steve Yzerman doing his GM thing, which was cool. I mean, I was up in the seats, so it's not like I got to meet him or anything, but I never saw him play, so it was cool just to see the guy live and in person. I hope Connolly turns out good for Tampa Bay...that was a risky pick, for sure. As we were leaving, I saw Crosby whiz past me with a zillion people running after him...I didn't think he'd be there, but they probably trot him out whenever they can, I suppose. As a fellow shy person, I'm glad I'm not him. They also had the Stanley Cup and all the trophies there, so I took a picture in front of the Cup. Never thought I'd get to see it other than on TV, so that was pretty awesome.

It was amazing how many people were there who were fans of teams from all over the place. I mean, there was a whole family in Windsor Spitfires sweaters, for pete's sake. I know there are a lot of transplants in LA, so a lot of people might have been locals, but there was quite the variety of jerseys nonetheless. It was funny to hear the Kings and Ducks fans boo each other during their picks...especially when Etem, who's from Long Beach, got drafted by the Ducks. First there was a big cheer for Etem, and then a massive booing for the Ducks. I'm glad a California team got him, though...we could use some home grown guys around here to maybe hype things up a little.

Had a good time at the Draft! Of course, I didn't get there until 6:30 (I vastly underestimated how in-fricking-credibly jacked up LA traffic is...it took me 4 1/2 hours to get there), so I didn't get to see the top guys get drafted, but I did get there just in time to see the Wings pick Sheahan...hope he turns out good. Glad we finally got somebody with a little size.

Got to see Steve Yzerman doing his GM thing, which was cool. I mean, I was up in the seats, so it's not like I got to meet him or anything, but I never saw him play, so it was cool just to see the guy live and in person. I hope Connolly turns out good for Tampa Bay...that was a risky pick, for sure. As we were leaving, I saw Crosby whiz past me with a zillion people running after him...I didn't think he'd be there, but they probably trot him out whenever they can, I suppose. As a fellow shy person, I'm glad I'm not him. They also had the Stanley Cup and all the trophies there, so I took a picture in front of the Cup. Never thought I'd get to see it other than on TV, so that was pretty awesome.

It was amazing how many people were there who were fans of teams from all over the place. I mean, there was a whole family in Windsor Spitfires sweaters, for pete's sake. I know there are a lot of transplants in LA, so a lot of people might have been locals, but there was quite the variety of jerseys nonetheless. It was funny to hear the Kings and Ducks fans boo each other during their picks...especially when Etem, who's from Long Beach, got drafted by the Ducks. First there was a big cheer for Etem, and then a massive booing for the Ducks. I'm glad a California team got him, though...we could use some home grown guys around here to maybe hype things up a little.

Saw some of the draft, Miller and Myers get their awards, which I loved. What is up with Kane walking around with that playboy bunny and saying "this is my new friend?" Wonder what he is up to? After beating up a cab driver for a nickel in downtown Buffalo anything is possible with that kid.

EE ha!!!! The Buffalo Sabres have just signed Jordan Leopold from the Pittsburgh Penguins to a three year deal!! Showing that he means business. Myers has company at the blue line. This could mean Tallinder or Lydman will be moved, but a good move by my boys!!!!!!:o

JUST Learned Tallinder is now in Pittsburgh and has signed for four years. Always liked him. Vancouver got a big name defenseman from Nashivlle. Hamhuis

Edited by silvermedalist

EE ha!!!! The Buffalo Sabres have just signed Jordan Leopold from the Pittsburgh Penguins to a three year deal!! Showing that he means business. Myers has company at the blue line. This could mean Tallinder or Lydman will be moved, but a good move by my boys!!!!!!ohmy.gif

JUST Learned Tallinder is now in Pittsburgh and has signed for four years. Always liked him. Vancouver got a big name defenseman from Nashivlle. Hamhuis

Good deal for the Sabres and a good deal for the Canucks smile.gif

I hate everything the Flyers have done today.

Our Gm is a fucking idiot and worst of all we are stuck with crappy ass Leighton as our goalie. I've been pissed all day. To top it off NJ and Pitts made some nice moves while our moves sucked ass. FU Homer!!! angry.gif