The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

The Habs had such a glorious season, I've been watching 'em since 1997 and I never saw 'em play like this before. I am so proud of 'em and I hope they make it all the way this year, but I sometimes think Boston will do what the Habs did to them six years ago, because they are in the same situation but in different posistions. :o

The series only began, but I think the Canadiens will get through this. It'll be difficult, too, because the Bruins fought for that spot and are still strong and the won't go down without a fight. Who knows, we'll see in time. I don't mean to be cocky, but I am a very happy and proud Habs fan right now. B)

The Habs had such a glorious season, I've been watching 'em since 1997 and I never saw 'em play like this before. I am so proud of 'em and I hope they make it all the way this year, but I sometimes think Boston will do what the Habs did to them six years ago, because they are in the same situation but in different posistions. :o

The series only began, but I think the Canadiens will get through this. It'll be difficult, too, because the Bruins fought for that spot and are still strong and the won't go down without a fight. Who knows, we'll see in time. I don't mean to be cocky, but I am a very happy and proud Habs fan right now. B)

Amen to that, my friend! :thumbsup:

Here's my playoff predictions (not influenced by the games already played, I made these before the game started)

Eastern Conference Quarters

(1) Montreal def. (8) Boston in 5

(2) Pittsburgh def. (7) Ottawa in 5

(3) Washington def. (6) Philadelphia in 7

(5) NY Rangers def. (4) New Jersey in 6

Western Conference Quarters

(1) Detroit def. (8) Nashville in 6

(7) Calgary def. (2) San Jose in 7

(6) Colorado def. (3) Minnesota in 7

(4) Anaheim def. (5) Dallas in 7

Eastern Semis

(1) Montreal def. (5) NY Rangers in 6

(3) Washington def. (2) Pittsburgh in 7 (Crosby/Malkin vs. Ovechkin!)

Western Semis

(1) Detroit def. (7) Calgary in 6

(4) Anaheim def. (6) Colorado in 6

Eastern Finals

(1) Montreal def. (3) Washington in 6

Western Finals

(4) Anaheim def. (1) Detroit in 7

Stanley Cup

(1) Montreal def. (4) Anaheim (which sucks as a Leafs fan)

Leafs clean house of the summer...pick a great player with the 7th overall pick at the draft..and endure a horrible season only to draft John Tavares 1st overall in 2009. Then we win the Cup shortly after!

I agree, even though iam a Leafs fan and would just love to see a Canadian team win the cup i have no problem watching anybody kicks the shit out of the Sens. Born in Toronto and being in the military in Ottawa is killing me.

Cav

I'm so sorry about that. But at least you can rub it in to many more people that way. I agree about the Canadian team taking the Cup. My order would be a Canadian team not named the Sens, then an original six team, then not a team with Pronger on it, then not Philly, which is quickly becoming my second least favourite team.

Hope your stay in Ottawa isn't too long, enjoy the playoffs.

Cheers

Well without Alfredson they are in big trouble. But Im not sold on Pittsburgh. They wont beat either Rangers or Montreal in my opinion. I think we may see an original 6 final with Detroit beating either Rangers or Montreal. But Anaheim has a shot too because they are tough. I cant stand Murray (Ottawa's coach) or Chris Neil who is as dirty a player there is. Him and Avery and Pronger.

Me either, but as long as they make life miserable for the Sens, I don't really care how far they go after that. Neil was his usual self tonight. The whole team seemed to go after Roberts early on. Memo to Sens: see your results from the Leafs series as to how well that worked. I'm working on a new logo for the Sens...

Gotta say, the Habs probably have the best fans, certainly the loudest and most rabid. Them and the Caps, who are just thrilled to finally be in the playoffs. Good luck to the Habs, you're going to have a lot to cheers for, enjoy!

Charles:

I saw the Habs and Boston game last eve...well most of it...I was switching between it and the PINK concert.

I saw the last 10 secs in the 3rd period where the puck bounced off the goal post...exciting..

I see your team won in OT...

I have gone through the greiving process and accepted that The Leafs are out. I've decided to cheer for the Habs now..

Juliet :cheer:

Charles:

I saw the Habs and Boston game last eve...well most of it...I was switching between it and the PINK concert.

I saw the last 10 secs in the 3rd period where the puck bounced off the goal post...exciting..

I see your team won in OT...

I have gone through the greiving process and accepted that The Leafs are out. I've decided to cheer for the Habs now..

Juliet :cheer:

:rolleyes: Oh Thank you Juliet. We need all the good vibes, so keep 'em coming!

The 2 last games were so exciting! I hurt my throat!

And that post shot was at 0.1 second :blink: ... that would have been so incredible!

Anyway, I gotta go back in the living room, they're playing right now!

How bout that Flames game the other night?

I hope they go all the way...

So do I. I think the winner of that series will be the team that wins the west

Here's my playoff predictions (not influenced by the games already played, I made these before the game started)

Eastern Conference Quarters

(1) Montreal def. (8) Boston in 5

(2) Pittsburgh def. (7) Ottawa in 5

(3) Washington def. (6) Philadelphia in 7

(5) NY Rangers def. (4) New Jersey in 6

Western Conference Quarters

(1) Detroit def. (8) Nashville in 6

(7) Calgary def. (2) San Jose in 7

(6) Colorado def. (3) Minnesota in 7

(4) Anaheim def. (5) Dallas in 7

Eastern Semis

(1) Montreal def. (5) NY Rangers in 6

(3) Washington def. (2) Pittsburgh in 7 (Crosby/Malkin vs. Ovechkin!)

Western Semis

(1) Detroit def. (7) Calgary in 6

(4) Anaheim def. (6) Colorado in 6

Eastern Finals

(1) Montreal def. (3) Washington in 6

Western Finals

(4) Anaheim def. (1) Detroit in 7

Stanley Cup

(1) Montreal def. (4) Anaheim (which sucks as a Leafs fan)

Leafs clean house of the summer...pick a great player with the 7th overall pick at the draft..and endure a horrible season only to draft John Tavares 1st overall in 2009. Then we win the Cup shortly after!

It's nice to dream, isn't. :lol:

Boston and Philly will be out so fast it is a joke that they are in. Pittsburgh and Montreal will go through them like a hot knife through butter. Think Anaheim or Detroit will win it all. Everyone will be picking Washington to beat Ottawa because Alfredson is out. I wouldnt be too quick on that one. and I hate Ottawa. But I think they find a way to win this series on experiance. Could be wrong. Rangers and Devils will be an all out war. Best series of the first round.

I see you like to dream too... :lol::hysterical::bagoverhead:

I think I'm the only person in canada that hopes calgary and montreal lose....calgary because i really like the sharks...and montreal, well, because i hate montreal...

anyone else watching the dallas anaheim game right now?

Archived