The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

We have always loved Nuevy. Gabby is high on him and Varly is now the back up. They'll continue to be a force but we need a stretch goalie in the extra season. Nuevrith is showing that he can get it done. Hopefully he will raise his Calder Cup play to Stanley level.

!Bu0B8vQCWk~$(KGrHqN,!hEEv1+zyBfNBMB6fLqpoQ~~_35.JPG

How are things in Sabre Tooth land?

Your boys just got spanked. No fun is it?

I know it's early and nothing is decided in Oct. but I have to admit, the Wings are setting the pace. Electro...let's remember this post and referr to it at the end of the season cause I think at the end of the day, it's gonna come down to a Wings vs Canucks Western Conference Final. Let's see if I'm correct :D

I know it's early and nothing is decided in Oct. but I have to admit, the Wings are setting the pace. Electro...let's remember this post and referr to it at the end of the season cause I think at the end of the day, it's gonna come down to a Wings vs Canucks Western Conference Final. Let's see if I'm correct :D

Dont count Phoenix or LA out either. In the West

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight Lindy Ruff of the Buffalo Sabres coached his 1000th game for the team he played for! The Sabres won the game for him in a shootout over the Devils. There have been 155 coaching changes in the NHL since Lindy Ruff took over in the 90's. About the equal of every team firing their coach 5 times. Quite a feat to hold on to this job this long in a sport and league where it is very rare to have a coach last. There are some in Buffalo that get on his case. He can coach them forever as far as this Sabres fan is concerned. Ill be there monday for the 40 year anniversary matchup vs the team we came in with, the Vancouver Canucks. Miller should be back by the weekend. Lindy Ruff is not only a great coach but a great guy!!!

Sabres vs Caps is on tonight and my lousy carrier will broadcast it in low def. I guess they have to make room for a cooking show or a basket weaving contest aka NBA. I'll have to wait until 11:30 tomorrow morning to record the non- lo- res version.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2010020260&navid=sb:preview

Keep me informed Yukon, will ya?

Sabres vs Caps is on tonight and my lousy carrier will broadcast it in low def. I guess they have to make room for a cooking show or a basket weaving contest aka NBA. I'll have to wait until 11:30 tomorrow morning to record the non- lo- res version.

http://www.nhl.com/i...avid=sb:preview

Keep me informed Yukon, will ya?

Yes I will be watching on MSG!!! Go Sabres!!! It will be a tall order to beat the Caps twice in a week.

2-0 bad guys after one. Wash scores on a 5 on 3 power play. Crosby beats Luongo and the Canucks are down 1-0 to Pens also. Another game update by Silvermedalist!:lol::drunk:

After Washington takes a 3-0 lead bing, bam., boom!!!! Sabres score 2 and only trail by one!!!!! This team never quits. Go Sabres!!!!!

End of two. Caps 3 Sabres 2. Also, Pittsburgh 3 Vancouver 1

This was a tough loss. The kid robs us blind with seconds left and a sixth attacker on the ice and then they get the lucky bounce on an open netter. The score is 4-2 but it was far closer. The Sabres outplayed them. Ill admit when my team is outplayed. Tonight they were not.

2-0 bad guys after one. Wash scores on a 5 on 3 power play. Crosby beats Luongo and the Canucks are down 1-0 to Pens also. Another game update by Silvermedalist!:lol::drunk:

After Washington takes a 3-0 lead bing, bam., boom!!!! Sabres score 2 and only trail by one!!!!! This team never quits. Go Sabres!!!!!

End of two. Caps 3 Sabres 2. Also, Pittsburgh 3 Vancouver 1

This was a tough loss. The kid robs us blind with seconds left and a sixth attacker on the ice and then they get the lucky bounce on an open netter. The score is 4-2 but it was far closer. The Sabres outplayed them. Ill admit when my team is outplayed. Tonight they were not.

That was a sweet save he made with his blade. It would be nice to see it in the appropriate resolution. That was an impossible empty netter to ice it. See you in February.

NHL All Star voting is now open. You can vote up to 30 times a day it seems. I don't care for that, but I more or less did it til I got sick of it and I made sure to vote for not just the same players every time. With one exception. Derrick Roy. He has the numbers and deserves to go. Amoung those I voted for

Forwards: Crosby, Ovetchkin, Backstrom, Dan and H Sedin, Roy, Vanek, Carter and Richards from the Flyers, and Semin. They deserve to go.

Defense: Lidstrom, Rafalski, Tyler Myers, Jason Leopold (write ins), Markov, Dan Boyle

Goalies: Ryan Miller, Quick, and Halak.

you fans like Ally and Black Dawg should vote!! Its your right. I voted for your boys now please throw Derrick Roy in there. :D:nhl:

Devils down Caps 5 zip. Nuervirth looked like he was posing as the Statue of Liberty. He must have been awestruck by it's presence in the harbour. That's 3 drops in a row with 2 scorless efferts. Gabby's got to get the ship turned around. Hopefully Varlemov will return to his rookie form and provide a spark.

Devils down Caps 5 zip. Nuervirth looked like he was posing as the Statue of Liberty. He must have been awestruck by it's presence in the harbour. That's 3 drops in a row with 2 scorless efferts. Gabby's got to get the ship turned around. Hopefully Varlemov will return to his rookie form and provide a spark.

Quite a few teams who were on good early runs seem to be struggling at the moment. Vancouver, LA , Wash. to name three. Still a long way to go but I don't like what I'm seeing with Vancouver. Overconfidence comes to mind. Too many good teams in this league to be taking on that attitude

Quite a few teams who were on good early runs seem to be struggling at the moment. Vancouver, LA , Wash. to name three. Still a long way to go but I don't like what I'm seeing with Vancouver. Overconfidence comes to mind. Too many good teams in this league to be taking on that attitude

That stinker against Chicago is reason for concern. This is the team that sent them packiing. And they show up with a 7-1 ass whipping at home! Unbelievable. As for my boys, where the fuck are you Miller? Im sick of these petty injuries and when he sits we lose. Lalime must go. Now!!! Bring up Enroth and let him play. I cant believe that Washington score from last night. They play their ass's off against us and dont show up against the Devils. If they go down this road they will be losing again to either Montreal or whoever comes along.

Archived