The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Finland and Russia on. Good game. Should know the gold medal matchup by tomorrow night.

Winner of this plays Sweden. Canada vs USA tomorrow in semi. Which means the US and Canada cannot meet in gold medal game. The only good news for me is one will be there for sure. With two future Sabres on Team Canada my emotions are split as to who I want. My team or my country? Either way, it will be a good game tomorrow and Wed. Sweden will have an edge as they play the winner of the Finland Russia game tomorrow afternoon. The Swedes are tough. I am expecting to see Canada and Sweden in the final.

Well its Canada vs Russia. I am pretty shocked that Russia made it. They were dead and buried 3-1 against Finland. I changed the channel figuring its over and was shocked to see they had come back. Then, figuring the Swedes were well rested and Russia had less than 20 hours to get ready for their battle with Sweden, I thought the Swedes would make short work of them. Shocker. Especially since Sweden had beaten Canada. And Russia had lost the first two games of the tournament. I like Canada to win and will indeed be cheering for them wearing my Sabres jersey. Two team Canada members are future Sabres. Go Canada!!! I will be there to see it!!

2h89010.jpg

Well its Canada vs Russia. I am pretty shocked that Russia made it. They were dead and buried 3-1 against Finland. I changed the channel figuring its over and was shocked to see they had come back. Then, figuring the Swedes were well rested and Russia had less than 20 hours to get ready for their battle with Sweden, I thought the Swedes would make short work of them. Shocker. Especially since Sweden had beaten Canada. And Russia had lost the first two games of the tournament. I like Canada to win and will indeed be cheering for them wearing my Sabres jersey. Two team Canada members are future Sabres. Go Canada!!! I will be there to see it!!

2h89010.jpg

I expect full scouting reports on the Caps 2 Russian prospects Evgeny Kuznetsov and Dmitry Orlov and Canada's Cody Eakin. Enjoy the game!!

Canada vs Russia... this could get nasty !

It is officially sold out. I want to wear my Sabres jersey but my wife wants me to dress like Im going to a fucking formal because one of the big shot co workers in Buffalo will be with us. So be it. I will put my jersey in the car in case she comes to her fucking senses before we get to Buffalo. I may have to ride the train to the arena. The Canadiens are probably already there poundin the beer!!! Cant blame them. :D Canada just went to 2 1/2 goal favorites in Vegas. I think they will win but I would not lay over two goals against a Russian team that is very surprising. I still think Sweden should be there. I will pick the Swedes to beat the US in the bronze game. As for tonight. Canada 7 Russia 3

Just returned from an absolute shocker. Russia rallies to win after trailing 3-0 against Team Canada. 19,000 clad in red jerseys left in disbelief. Tough to imagine Russia winning affter losing the first two games and one of those to Canada 6-3. The Fins had them dead and buried and they somehow came back. This is why I do not like to see a game like hockey decided on one game. It must be a series. Its like baseball in that way. The Swedes and US also should have had a series. Tough way to go down but they have nobody to blame but themselves when you are up 3-0. As for the seats and the rest, my wife will take that up with her co workers. Probably laughing thinking of me up in the fucking nose bleeds and freezing my arse off! This is the thanks I get for buying them good wine!!! Next time its going to be fucking ripple and boones farm. Pricks.:angry:

Just returned from an absolute shocker. Russia rallies to win after trailing 3-0 against Team Canada. 19,000 clad in red jerseys left in disbelief. Tough to imagine Russia winning affter losing the first two games and one of those to Canada 6-3. The Fins had them dead and buried and they somehow came back. This is why I do not like to see a game like hockey decided on one game. It must be a series. Its like baseball in that way. The Swedes and US also should have had a series. Tough way to go down but they have nobody to blame but themselves when you are up 3-0. As for the seats and the rest, my wife will take that up with her co workers. Probably laughing thinking of me up in the fucking nose bleeds and freezing my arse off! This is the thanks I get for buying them good wine!!! Next time its going to be fucking ripple and boones farm. Pricks.:angry:

I turned it off after the 2nd period. I thought by the way Canada was out hustling and scrapping that there was no way they could lose. But it looks like Yevgeni Kuznetsov had a great 3rd period knotting 3 apples in the closing session.

I hoped you wore your Sabres Sweaters. At least that would have kept you a little warmer.

http://www.iihf.com/channels1011/wm20/videos.html

I turned it off after the 2nd period. I thought by the way Canada was out hustling and scrapping that there was no way they could lose. But it looks like Yevgeni Kuznetsov had a great 3rd period knotting 3 apples in the closing session.

I hoped you wore your Sabres Sweaters. At least that would have kept you a little warmer.

http://www.iihf.com/...m20/videos.html

I just heard the Russian team were so drunk this morning they were kicked off one of thier flights out of Buffalo airport. Trashed big time. Even kids trying to get autographs, too trashed.

As for the seats and the rest, my wife will take that up with her co workers. Probably laughing thinking of me up in the fucking nose bleeds and freezing my arse off! This is the thanks I get for buying them good wine!!! Next time its going to be fucking ripple and boones farm. Pricks.:angry:

You crack me up Silver

:hysterical:

Holy shit. 13 minutes left in the third period, Toronto 9 Atlanta 1. Last night my boy Miller played his best game of the year. 3-0 shutout.

Must add it was Lindy Ruff's 500th win. Only the second coach in NHL history to do it with the same team and only the 16th to reach that mark.

Stafford scores in OT and the Sabres win again. Miller time has arrived at last. He is now playing like the he is supposed to. Sabres win! Nice game in Vancouver tonight. Im watching the shootout now. Luongo just stoned Bertuzzi. Cmon Daniel Sedin!! Ah. Howard stops the shot. Vancouver "lost" for first time in 9. But beat the Wings 6-4 last time. Good game. two good teams. This Canucks team is the best they have ever had. They are going to be very tough. Notice Pittsburgh got cooled off tonight at the hands of the Wild. The West right now looks like a Vancouver and Detroit final. I say the east looks like Pittsburgh, Washington and Philly but there is still time for teams like Montreal and Buffalo to be in the mix. Trades will be coming down. if the playoffs started today I would pick a Vancouver and Pittsburgh final. Would have to even though Detroit and Washington and Philly are all in the hunt. I dont know what to make of thd Kings. Up and down but can be dangerous also. Injuries could be big. I hope nobody has any serious ones even though my team has lost Derrick Roy for the season. A killer for us.

Was the Leafs 9-3 pasting of Atlanta a sign of better things to come? Or just a fluke? Ill take a shot and stick my neck out and pick them to pull the upset in LA tonight, the first of a western swing. Will take the Red wings to beat Colorado and the Blues to beat Phoenix. After tomorrow's tough game with Philly my Sabres finally catch a break in the schedule and have about twenty coming up they need to really go on a roll with They get the Islanders three times in a week and a half. Vancouver comes east again and that should be interesting The season is at the halfway poiint. My boys have seemed to finally have shaken off the slump and Miller is on his game again. Not a minute too soon. Hopefully in three weeks they can make a climb. I expect Washington to get it going also The one thing I was absolutely right on the money with was the fall of the New Jersey Devils. But I did not imagine it would be as bad as this. Hard to imagine Marty Broduer being benched two straight. And who could have seen Dallas playing this well? Still waiting for them to fall apart. I may be waiting a long time. Well, dont make me look stupid you blasted Leafs. Win a game tonight and move forward.

Was the Leafs 9-3 pasting of Atlanta a sign of better things to come? Or just a fluke? Ill take a shot and stick my neck out and pick them to pull the upset in LA tonight, the first of a western swing. Will take the Red wings to beat Colorado and the Blues to beat Phoenix. After tomorrow's tough game with Philly my Sabres finally catch a break in the schedule and have about twenty coming up they need to really go on a roll with They get the Islanders three times in a week and a half. Vancouver comes east again and that should be interesting The season is at the halfway poiint. My boys have seemed to finally have shaken off the slump and Miller is on his game again. Not a minute too soon. Hopefully in three weeks they can make a climb. I expect Washington to get it going also The one thing I was absolutely right on the money with was the fall of the New Jersey Devils. But I did not imagine it would be as bad as this. Hard to imagine Marty Broduer being benched two straight. And who could have seen Dallas playing this well? Still waiting for them to fall apart. I may be waiting a long time. Well, dont make me look stupid you blasted Leafs. Win a game tonight and move forward.

Me thinks Marty Broduer would be a nice addition to a contending team.

Just keep him away from Vancouver though right? Ha. I say he is too old now. I just cant see the Devils ever moving him. No way. They just sent langenbrunner back to Dallas. What is it with Dallas and New Jersey? We should just call Dallas New Jersey south.

Me thinks Fat Ass needs to hang 'em up before he embarrasses himself further. Dude's starting to look a little like the Michelin Man now, only far less dependable. Sometimes you gotta know when to call it a career.

Me thinks Fat Ass needs to hang 'em up before he embarrasses himself further. Dude's starting to look a little like the Michelin Man now, only far less dependable. Sometimes you gotta know when to call it a career.

Very few leave when they should and Im sure money has alot to do with it. Still, he is a cinch for the hall of fame. I would think this may be too much for him to bear though. Going through a year like this. Its been quite some time that I can remember Jersey not making the playoffs. It appears that its a certainty they are finished this year. I believe he should retire. But so too should have Brett Favre. This time Im sure Favre is done and going home. If he has a home to go to?

:lol:

Your right, he hasn't played well but then who could with this Devils team ! I can think of a few clubs that might be willing to take a chance with Marty. San Jose, Philly, Tampa Bay come to mind. Even a team with a proven goaltender may want to cover themselves for the playoffs. IMHO, if the price wasn't too steep, he'd be well worth the gamble.

Well I have sat quietly long enough. The Buffalo News is going to catch my wrath. I am not going to sit back and watch my team lose to the Islanders 5-3 and have Regier sit on his carcass and do nothing. They all need a swift kick where it counts. I am not buying any more tickets this year. I am disgusted with the brass. Miller cant do it all but he has not been consistant. He has been great at times but its not his year. When we lost Roy I knew we were in big trouble. But the GM's have the all star game coming and it will be time for them to play grab ass.

Archived