The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Keep us posted on the press conference. Us small market franchises need to stick together and when a change happens in any of our markets, it can send a message to the rest.

Watching Center Ice last night, I get to see many cities and it just gets me how empty the building in Atlanta was. I mean, if you are not a hockey town, get the team out of there and let a town like Winnipeg or Quebec City have their team back. If Atlanta is not drawing now that they are finally in the race, they never will. Yes, Ill keep you posted. The Sabres and Canucks I hope one of them wins very soon The Canucks are in great shape. Best team they have ever had. If my boys fold then Ill be rooting for Vancouver for sure. always have. Buffalo draws 18,000 a game, and i must at least give the Toronto fans credit for coming to lots of Sabres games too. I hope this new owner gives the green light to Quinn and Regier to spend the money and go get one guy that can make up for losing Roy for the season.

What are these fucking Red Wings doing? I bet the pricks and they are giving out goals like Xmas cookies. Get your asses moving Detroit

Howard cant stop a beach ball Horredous goaltending. Why does Babcock leave this guy in?

Ok. Nice going Wings. You saved me with that open netter. 5 goals for Franzen. Great player. Very good team. But the obvious flaws with detroit are the goaltending and the fact that their defensemen are simply forwards playing the defensive position. At some poiint it will be their undoing. They can get away with what they did tonight against Ottawa. If they played Vancouver tonight they would have been lit up like a Xmas tree Or the Sharks. Or the Blackhawks. Or the Sabres or Penguins. They will straighten it up on defense Im sure. But I do not think Howard is that good. I think Osgood would serve them just as well in a playoff series. Howard stunk tonight. Pure and simple.

5 goals for Franzen. Thats how you do it son

Great game. but in all honesty, one was an open netter and one was a beach ball that was Ottawa's terrible goaltending. I would be a bit concerend about Howard's play if I were a Detroit fan. Maybe that is why they were interested in Nabokov. Or however you spell these russian names?

How many fucking power plays does Pittsburgh need to be handed on a silver platter by these bastard refs? Now I hope Green Bay really takes them apart in the Super Bowl. Sabres should have been up 5-0 after one the way they outplayed them in the first. But it was only 2-0 and the refs gave them just enough rope to beat us 3-2. They do everythiing they can to make sure golden boy will be deep into the playofffs. The calls are fixed. We so much as touch a guy and he goes down and its a penalty. They fucking hammer our goalie and guys into the glass and no call. And the interference they were supposed to crack down on has gone straight to hell. :mad::computertrash:

They only crack down when it happens to favourites and super stars, Silver. That's why Bertuzzi - a bruising scorer - is still playing even though he pretty much ruined the career of a grinder - Moore. The NBA's even more blatant, if that's possible.

Anyway, good luck any day but tonight ;)

They only crack down when it happens to favourites and super stars, Silver. That's why Bertuzzi - a bruising scorer - is still playing even though he pretty much ruined the career of a grinder - Moore. The NBA's even more blatant, if that's possible.

Anyway, good luck any day but tonight ;)

Second Period. Sabres 5 Leafs 1

Sorry Pat. But we need this one. We got robbed in Pittsburgh. We have to go on a roll. I just learned that with the new owner taking over Quinn is gone. I dont know if he was fired or stepping down? But he is gone. Many things are happening in our organization.

Second Period. Sabres 5 Leafs 1

Sorry Pat. But we need this one. We got robbed in Pittsburgh. We have to go on a roll. I just learned that with the new owner taking over Quinn is gone. I dont know if he was fired or stepping down? But he is gone. Many things are happening in our organization.

Nah it's all right. I knew it was a lost cause after the second goal. We just can't bloody win against you, especially in your building. It has literally been years. I don't know if Burke is just trying to save face, but that Kessel deal is paying off in spades. For Boston. Another high draft pick this year for them, after what was to be our pick last year is helping them into the playoffs. :slapface:

If it's any consolation, Malkin is gone for the season.

I wish we had some positive changes in our organization. Like getting rid of the coach for starters...I think the Sabres will be ok. I don't know the details, but I hear the new owner is a hockey guy, not just a money guy (though I might have that backwards). Are you getting a new building? Are those alternate uniforms? Don't recall seeing them before...

Nah it's all right. I knew it was a lost cause after the second goal. We just can't bloody win against you, especially in your building. It has literally been years. I don't know if Burke is just trying to save face, but that Kessel deal is paying off in spades. For Boston. Another high draft pick this year for them, after what was to be our pick last year is helping them into the playoffs. :slapface:

If it's any consolation, Malkin is gone for the season.

I wish we had some positive changes in our organization. Like getting rid of the coach for starters...I think the Sabres will be ok. I don't know the details, but I hear the new owner is a hockey guy, not just a money guy (though I might have that backwards). Are you getting a new building? Are those alternate uniforms? Don't recall seeing them before...

Ugly third jerseys that I cant stand. But Robataille summed it up after the game last night. He said when you watch Toronto against Buffalo they just are a bad team. But then you may watch them a day later playing another team and they look great. I dont get it either. For the first time I am staring to agree that Wilson must go. I think heh he has lost control of this team. Time for a new face. As for the new owner, he is a fan. His wife is from my hometown of Fairport, NY and Quinn is gone with Golisano. (who now may buy the Buffalo Bills?" But its good news for the Sabres. We will now get the support to get top named players. As for the Briere decision, Quinn still stays we will wait and see if it was a good move or not. Personally, I dont think paying Briere, a guy Lindy turned into a good player, was the answer to win. Quinn was right that one injury cost us the cup in 2006. Third period agaisnt Carolina, we have Tallinder or McKee and we win the damn cup. So now, you just build around Miller, Vanek, Roy and Pommenville and Myers. Those are the five untouchables and Stafford maybe also. We will make the playoffs. We only need to beat out Atlanta and Carolina. I say we will do it.

Ugly third jerseys that I cant stand. But Robataille summed it up after the game last night. He said when you watch Toronto against Buffalo they just are a bad team. But then you may watch them a day later playing another team and they look great. I dont get it either. For the first time I am staring to agree that Wilson must go. I think heh he has lost control of this team. Time for a new face. As for the new owner, he is a fan. His wife is from my hometown of Fairport, NY and Quinn is gone with Golisano. (who now may buy the Buffalo Bills?" But its good news for the Sabres. We will now get the support to get top named players. As for the Briere decision, Quinn still stays we will wait and see if it was a good move or not. Personally, I dont think paying Briere, a guy Lindy turned into a good player, was the answer to win. Quinn was right that one injury cost us the cup in 2006. Third period agaisnt Carolina, we have Tallinder or McKee and we win the damn cup. So now, you just build around Miller, Vanek, Roy and Pommenville and Myers. Those are the five untouchables and Stafford maybe also. We will make the playoffs. We only need to beat out Atlanta and Carolina. I say we will do it.

I think you'll get in - the only scare would be if Ward goes on one of those streaks where nothing gets by him. Then again, Miller gets those, too. Should be an entertaining grind. Hey we helped a bit by keep the Thrashers off the points sheet tonight :D

In other news, Mr. Hockey might get a bridge named after him:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/mr-hockeys-family-likes-idea-naming-international-bridge-20110206-071212-336.html

I think you'll get in - the only scare would be if Ward goes on one of those streaks where nothing gets by him. Then again, Miller gets those, too. Should be an entertaining grind. Hey we helped a bit by keep the Thrashers off the points sheet tonight :D

In other news, Mr. Hockey might get a bridge named after him:

http://ca.news.yahoo...071212-336.html

Indeed. Thanks for the help last night. Now I hope the Devils help us and beat Carolina tonight. Its very simple though. If we take care of our own business we will get in. Vancouver scored that emtpy netter with seconds left. A $100 goal for me. Had me terrified. Betting hockey is nerve wracking.

After the ass whipping we put on Tampa last night the braintrust on versus and NHL Live are now saying they like my Sabres to make the playoffs. They are pretty much counting Atlanta out. Most seem to think the Sabres will have to beat out Carolina. But if we win our four games in hand on the Rangers, we would pass the Rangers. Th eRangers are not out of the woods yet. Its possibe that Buffalo and Carolina and yes, even Toronto could sneak in. The Leafs won again last night. Like Roby said, if they are playing anyone but the Sabres they can be a differant team. They just cant beat the Sabres. But they may not have to. I really would like to see Buffalo and Toronto both make it. At the expense of Atlanat and Carolina. Atlanta does not even deserve to have a franchise. And I must say, neither does Tampa. Too many empty seats. You woudl never see that in Buffalo. The place is sold out every night just like in Toronto and even small market Canadien citites that are far more deserving of a franchise. I watch games at Edmonton. They realize they are going nowhere this year and are rebuilding. But the place is packed every night. The fans in Atlanta and Tampa dont show up. It seems there are more in Phoenix even than those cities when Im watching. Well, I really loved the job we did on them last night. Vanek and Stafford are on fire and Connelly went into the trench's like a man possesed. All of them scored. It was a nice dive by the tampa goalie trying to get an interference call and then the whining afterwards. Lindy said, lets just get the two points and get out of town. ha. Next stop, Miami beach. Uh oh. Keep them off South beach Lindy and their eyes off the bikini;s. We have business to finish. GO SABRES!!!!!!

After the ass whipping we put on Tampa last night the braintrust on versus and NHL Live are now saying they like my Sabres to make the playoffs.

Saw the highlites of your game against the Lightning and was very impressed ! Sabres look like they are pumped up and ready to make a solid run

Saw the highlites of your game against the Lightning and was very impressed ! Sabres look like they are pumped up and ready to make a solid run

It was an impressive outing. We scored like four goals in two minutes and they didnt know what hit them. But we must now continue. We beat the teams we should beat and we can pass the three teams I expect us to pass. Those being Atlanta, Carolina and Rangers. If we win our games in hand, we are already there. I want to see Regioer make one move with the absence of Roy for the rest of the season. Pittsburgh is going to be hurting losing Malkin for the season. I saw the Canucks defenseman get injured last night. They should be fine in the long term. But they are short on the blue lline and I expect a call up. If they are going to trade for a defenenseman, the Sabres have an abundance. I would sure like to get that kid Raymond you have. I dont know if Vancouver would consdier trading him? He is not one of the big guns like Kessler, or the Sedin's. Many moves are coming. Should be interesting.

It was an impressive outing. We scored like four goals in two minutes and they didnt know what hit them. But we must now continue. We beat the teams we should beat and we can pass the three teams I expect us to pass. Those being Atlanta, Carolina and Rangers. If we win our games in hand, we are already there. I want to see Regioer make one move with the absence of Roy for the rest of the season. Pittsburgh is going to be hurting losing Malkin for the season. I saw the Canucks defenseman get injured last night. They should be fine in the long term. But they are short on the blue lline and I expect a call up. If they are going to trade for a defenenseman, the Sabres have an abundance. I would sure like to get that kid Raymond you have. I dont know if Vancouver would consdier trading him? He is not one of the big guns like Kessler, or the Sedin's. Many moves are coming. Should be interesting.

It's not out of the question that the Canucks would trade Mason Raymond but I really like the kid and would like to see him stay. Still, if we try to trade for a good defenceman, we're going to have to give up someone good to get one. Raymond was involved in contract negotiations this past off season and I believe he ended up signing a short term deal. He'd definitely be a big help to the Sabres and wouldn't come with a lot of baggage

It's not out of the question that the Canucks would trade Mason Raymond but I really like the kid and would like to see him stay. Still, if we try to trade for a good defenceman, we're going to have to give up someone good to get one. Raymond was involved in contract negotiations this past off season and I believe he ended up signing a short term deal. He'd definitely be a big help to the Sabres and wouldn't come with a lot of baggage

You guys have enough firepower. So losing Raymond would not even be noticable. But you could use a defensman with some muscle. No way are we ever letting Myers go, but Montador? Who knows. He would be the right guy in my opionion or Morrison. The Sabres lead the league with scoring from the blue line. So they can all hit the net. Even Rivet. The problem with Rivet is some type of bad fued between him and lindy. There is more to it than we know but I assure you he will be thrown into any deal the Sabres make practilcally for nothing. It will be like, here, you can take Rivet. We will throw him in for nothing. ha. They have burned their bridges with him for sure. Ever seen a team bench a captain for two months?

We need to take care of Florida tonight. We beat the tougher Florida team the other nigiht. Hope my boys are doing this.:nhl_checking: and not this. :suntan: Fucking South beach

You guys have enough firepower. So losing Raymond would not even be noticable. But you could use a defensman with some muscle. No way are we ever letting Myers go, but Montador? Who knows. He would be the right guy in my opionion or Morrison. The Sabres lead the league with scoring from the blue line. So they can all hit the net. Even Rivet. The problem with Rivet is some type of bad fued between him and lindy. There is more to it than we know but I assure you he will be thrown into any deal the Sabres make practilcally for nothing. It will be like, here, you can take Rivet. We will throw him in for nothing. ha. They have burned their bridges with him for sure. Ever seen a team bench a captain for two months?

No, I don't ever remember a captain being benched for that long. I'm suprised he still has the "C" !

Most people here think that we'll make a deal on deadline day but outside of Kevin Bieksa ( he's mentioned to go to Philly at least twice a year ) there hasn't been much in the way of trade rumours coming out of the Canucks camp . If Raymond or Bieksa were to be traded then it would definitely be to an Eastern Conference club. No way the Canucks will trade them to a conference opponent.

No, I don't ever remember a captain being benched for that long. I'm suprised he still has the "C" !

Most people here think that we'll make a deal on deadline day but outside of Kevin Bieksa ( he's mentioned to go to Philly at least twice a year ) there hasn't been much in the way of trade rumours coming out of the Canucks camp . If Raymond or Bieksa were to be traded then it would definitely be to an Eastern Conference club. No way the Canucks will trade them to a conference opponent.

Well Mr Murray in Ottawa has made it perfectly clear he is open to do business and that everyone except Alfredson is available. Never heard a GM call out a team like that . They have a couple of tough guys you might be interested in. As much as I hate them. I hope Vancouver does not do business with him. The prick. I think Vancouver are fine now. I do not think anyone can beat them in a seven game series in the West. No damn way. The biggest threats would be San Jose and maybe Detorit, but Detroit has poor goaltending right now. But always a good team and must be respected just like the Sharks. The East will be plenty complicated. philly also has goaltending questions. And now Pittsburgh is hit with major injuries. Malkin out for season and Crosby's injury is looking worse than they are letting on. Its really too bad. Because Crosby is a class act. I hate seeing him get iinjured like that. Malkin was hurt against my Sabrse but there was no dirty hit. And Pittsburgh would be the first to admit it. It was a freak accident along the boards.

Well Mr Murray in Ottawa has made it perfectly clear he is open to do business and that everyone except Alfredson is available. Never heard a GM call out a team like that . They have a couple of tough guys you might be interested in. As much as I hate them. I hope Vancouver does not do business with him. The prick. I think Vancouver are fine now. I do not think anyone can beat them in a seven game series in the West. No damn way. The biggest threats would be San Jose and maybe Detorit, but Detroit has poor goaltending right now. But always a good team and must be respected just like the Sharks. The East will be plenty complicated. philly also has goaltending questions. And now Pittsburgh is hit with major injuries. Malkin out for season and Crosby's injury is looking worse than they are letting on. Its really too bad. Because Crosby is a class act. I hate seeing him get iinjured like that. Malkin was hurt against my Sabrse but there was no dirty hit. And Pittsburgh would be the first to admit it. It was a freak accident along the boards.

Murray's take on Alfredson puzzles me. If Ottawa is going to rebuild , he'd be the first guy I'd trade and I'd expect to get a good return on him....like another 1st round pick !

Murray's take on Alfredson puzzles me. If Ottawa is going to rebuild , he'd be the first guy I'd trade and I'd expect to get a good return on him....like another 1st round pick !

Well they just traded Carrie Underwoods hubby Fisher to Nashville to make her happy Im sure. I saw Alfredson miss three shots this week that he would have buried in the past. He has seen his better days for sure. But could help a playoff team that needed a pure goal scorer. But I dont know. He wont be coming to my team I can be sure of that. Nor do I want anyone from, that team. Glad they have lost 12 straght and are in the basement sweeping the cellar. Now the pesky Islanderrs come calling Sunday. We will be ready Im sure and wont take them lightly. Atlanta is fallling fast and so are the Rangeres. They play each other tonight. I guess I dont know who to cheer for. Matters not I guess. If we keep taking care of our own business we will be fine. I am dreaming of a Vancouver and Buffalo final. The 40 year anniversary for both. I know its uinlikely, but its not impossible by any means.

Crosby is a class act? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's a good one. Crosby is a whining little douche, and has been since his rookie year basically. Doesn't mean I like seeing him get injured (at least not head injuries anyway), but come on. There are no classy players on the Pittsburgh Penguins. Not Crosby, not Malkin, and definitely not Matt Cooke, who really ought to be kicked out the league for good.

Archived