The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Toronto got a couple of lucky breaks in the 2nd.We outplayed them and couldn't put it in the net.A lot of our shots on goal looked lazy.Didn't get too many good bounces and when we did,no one was there!

Gonna come down to the wire.

Toronto got a couple of lucky breaks in the 2nd.We outplayed them and couldn't put it in the net.A lot of our shots on goal looked lazy.Didn't get too many good bounces and when we did,no one was there!

Yeah. How does it feel? We did not get the bounces in Buffalo and outshot you guys by a good margin. ward saved you guys. We will be rested and ready come the weekend. Burke is building a monster in Toronto. Where are all of those that were calling for Wilson's job now? They made the right choice keeping Wilson. Sabres and Rangers still in. Carolina, Toronto and New Jersey all right there knocking and even Atlanta is in reach but dont really think they have a chance. If we take care of our own business we will get in. and the reward will be a matchup with either Washinton or Philly most likely. GO SABRES!!!

We burned ourselves out beating you guys! Though we did play well.

We got you guys again on the 3rd.I see only two "tough" games left on our schedule.Washington and Detroit.I hate to use the old cliche' but,we pretty much control our destiny.

Btw,I didn't come on here and give you shit the last time we beat you! ;)

The Leafs are no longer an easy team to beat. We have them again. They are playing very tough and that is due to wilson. I guess we all have to cheer for Montreal over the Rangers tomorrow. No upside to us trying to catch Montreal. Would much prefer to take my chances with Philly or Wash than Pittsburgh. You know Crosby is going to come back for the playoffs. They are pretty much saving him. /The West is crazy too. Calgary probably must win tonight and I believe they will in style against colorado who to me is now the worst team in the NHL. We have Nashville coming in on Sunday with that pug nose trotz. If he ever smiled he would crack the mirror.

Leafs l;osing to Florida. Devils down to Sens. So far things are going in the Sabres favor. Carolina gets the Islanders tomorrow. The Islanders have been playing well. Will have two in hand again. Must take advantage

I dont want to hear anyone say the LA Kings are contenders again. they are pretenders. They stink. Being outshot 30-6 by St Louis who is out of the race. And cost me more cabbage than I put in my irish boiled dinner. :mad:

Asice from that, a good night for some of our teams with the Leafs losing, and the Devils losing. Atlanta has all of a sudden put themselves back in the race. And we have them Sat

Carolina sucked out tonight. Islanders had them and let them off the hook. Ward saved them again. Problem is, they have no other goalie and are playing him to death. It will catch up with them if they dont restr him eventually. Fuck, they played him the next night vs Toronto and it cost them. Not sjurprised the Rangers won as they were rested against a tired Montreal team. The Devils are prettty much done now. Thanks Washington. One less team to have to deal with. But Atlanta has snuck back into the picture. Eved though I dont think they are that good. They cant get any fans to show up down there. They do not deserve a fracnchise. If you cant show up to support your team in a race like this, you dont deserve one. I assure you HSBC arena will be pacjked as always. Must beat these damn Thrashers.

Final score Sabres 8 Atlanta 2

Enjoy all of you Carolina and Rangers fans. Leafs hammered Boston. Love it. Hoping for Sabres and Leafs to both get in. See you Leafs fans, I do think of you. Go Sabres. Go Leafs. Go Canucks.

Just imagine this. If Nashville holds on to beat /Detroit, and they are up as I type, they could knock Chicago down to 8. This also with Dallas beating Philly tonight. And if the Ducks win, Chicago could be on the outside looking in after winning 8 of last 9. Even though they got smoked the other night by Dallas 5-0. I say that was an anomaly. For Chicago. Dallas is surprisingly good. To me LA is very overated and will be melba toast in the first round. Quick let one in from the red line the other night. And one from just outside the blue line. Chicago was probably just tired. A rested Buffalo team showed what they are capable of. Tomorrow's game will be a war vs Nashville. Even though we have faired quite well in the past with them, I expect them to be bringing it on all cylinders. Shea Weber is their biggest weapon and he is a defenseman. And Erat is good too. I just dont know why they let Arnott get away? I assume the victims of being in a small market. We know that all too well. But those days are gone for now in Buffalo. Watch out. Now we have some money honey. Brad Boyes scored again. He is a natural. Here we come you Rangers.

Rangers sure seem to have Pittburgh's number. We can still pass them winning the games we have in hand. But we had better just try and secure the eight seed for now. Have a tough game vs Nashville. I looked at all the schedules. Hate to say the Rangerse seems perhaps the easiest if there is such a thing. You cant take anyone lightly exept Colorado and none of the teams in the Eastern race have the luxury of playing the hapless Avs. If you happen to pop in Rorer, and I know you are reading man, your boys I see are playiing Tampa three times! Strange that you are in same division and have three left with them. Latley that may be a blessing as they have not played well. They managed to lose to Ottawa last night after leading for two periods. And Rolloson has been hte one bright spot. He has played lights out. But you cant take them lightly with the likds of St louis, Lecavelier and Stamkos. I say the Devils and Atlanta are done. So Buffalo, Rangers, Carolina and yes the Leafs are in the mix. The Leafs are playing better hockey than they have played in ten years. Shoulld they fall short this year, they will make it next year in my opinion. So better days lay ahead for your Leafs. It is not going to matter if you post you Leafs fans. Pat, Juliet, Slagfarmer. Come on now. Post up.

Right now I don't think anyone in the Eastern conference scares me more than Toronto. They have played very good hockey. It may be too little too late, time till tell. Still think my Sabres get in. Right now a three point lead over Carolina but Toronto is only a point back of them I believe. The Rangers have a soft schedule if there is such a thing. Toronto does have one gift and that is a date at Colorado. I think they will light up Colorado like a Xmas tree. We are in Montreal tomorrow, and Carolina has a soft game. But then they go to Tampa and that will not be easy. So it will even out as far as Carolina is concerned. Could be big when we play them and Rangers and Leafs head on. I dont know if Carolina plays Rangers or Leafs? Go Sabres

Right now I don't think anyone in the Eastern conference scares me more than Toronto. They have played very good hockey. It may be too little too late, time till tell. Still think my Sabres get in. Right now a three point lead over Carolina but Toronto is only a point back of them I believe. The Rangers have a soft schedule if there is such a thing. Toronto does have one gift and that is a date at Colorado. I think they will light up Colorado like a Xmas tree. We are in Montreal tomorrow, and Carolina has a soft game. But then they go to Tampa and that will not be easy. So it will even out as far as Carolina is concerned. Could be big when we play them and Rangers and Leafs head on. I dont know if Carolina plays Rangers or Leafs? Go Sabres

Yeah, the Leafs are playing very well . Should they manage to sneak in, they will be a handfull. Same for the Sabres. I hope both make it

Yeah, the Leafs are playing very well . Should they manage to sneak in, they will be a handfull. Same for the Sabres. I hope both make it

I wish they both make it too. but the Rangers schedule looks too good. Need some upsets to occur like Florida going in there and beating them. Bill Clement said the other day Florida is no automatic win. They have played better recently. I say the same with Ottawa. Carolina should beat them, but they had better realize Anderson is a good goalie. He can make things difficult for them and they have not exactly been lighting up the scoreboard. They have the advantage tonight as we must go into Montreal. Friday we get florida and they go to Tampa. Tampa should be a desperate team tonight and I am expectinng them to beat the Islanders. If not, there problems could be bigger than they want to believe. If we get in, meaning the Sabres, I hope we get Philly. Bring on those bitches. Ill get my moneys worth. But its far from over. I think that the Devils are pretty much out and Atlanta for sure. Toronto and Carolina still have a glimmer of hope./ Would love to see the Rangers lose a few. Matt Barnaby was just on NHL and said he does not like Hasek as a person. He visited Buffalo and met Miller the other day. I guess he has a son at Michigan State. Back to Prague he goes to probably get trashed and roll some porches. He is going to play one more year in Russia. As for tonight. Go Sabres. Go Leafs. Go Panthers. Go Senators. It hurts me to cheer for Ottawa as i cant stand them, but am hoping the red shirts get beat.

No easy task. They're playing their hearts out. Glad they're in the east :D

I say we have the toughest division in hockey. From top to bottom. Even beating Ottawa is no picnic. Leafs playing very well. Sabres too. Nashville needed that win tonight. But they are still up against it. The teams around them have an extra game and Dallas is playing lights out. My boys played a perfect road game in Montreal. Both goalies were on. Miller was at his best. Always love beating the Canadiens.

I say we have the toughest division in hockey. From top to bottom. Even beating Ottawa is no picnic. Leafs playing very well. Sabres too. Nashville needed that win tonight. But they are still up against it. The teams around them have an extra game and Dallas is playing lights out. My boys played a perfect road game in Montreal. Both goalies were on. Miller was at his best. Always love beating the Canadiens.

I'm pretty confident about the Sabres making it in. Winning in Montreal is never an easy task and it should be a big boost for the team. Like the Sabres, the Leafs are playing every game as if it was their last and are raising to the occasion. Even if they don't make it in this year, given where they were a couple of seasons ago, nobody can say Burke has not done a great job in the short time he has been in charge. They are a team on the raise and will be a force for a number of years to come.

I'm pretty confident about the Sabres making it in. Winning in Montreal is never an easy task and it should be a big boost for the team. Like the Sabres, the Leafs are playing every game as if it was their last and are raising to the occasion. Even if they don't make it in this year, given where they were a couple of seasons ago, nobody can say Burke has not done a great job in the short time he has been in charge. They are a team on the raise and will be a force for a number of years to come.

Yes, he is building a monster there. Toronto, Boston and my Sabres should all be great in the near future. Now we have some money behind us. And that is a first. The battle for the playoffs in the West is really close. The Flames are even still alive and should be. But they not only have to probably run the table, but need help. Anaheim has three in hand. I am expecting Dallas to take them down tonight? We will see.. Chicago is in must win territory to make it. But a tired Florida team comes in tonight. I cant see Florida winning that one. We have them home on Friday. Tomorrow morning will be a public memorial service for the late great Richard Martin. Number 7, left winger on the French connection. Perrault to Robert, back to Martin, he shoots, he scooooooores!!! RIP Rico!!!!

Another big win for Vancouver in Detroit. The Canucks are the real deal. As for the Red Wings, they are good, but like many teams including mine, for some strange reason, have played better on the road than at home. Its very strange. Sometimes I think they just have too much freedom when home. Too many distractions. Like women

Rorer. Havent seen you on? Have you chewed off your fingernails yet watching these games? Sometimes its just too agonizing to watch. Our game in Montreal, Miller made some good ones. And the kid Gerbe, who has been called the Gerber baby, is showing he is no baby. Final Gerbe 2 Canadiens 0

silverm: Whats you opinion about the Bruins chances in the Playoffs?

Matchups make a big difference of course. Some teams match up better against some than others. I of course do not like Boston as I am a Sabres fan. But I dont hate them like I do philly and Montreal and Ottawa. They have talent for sure. I believe the coach has made one big mistake. Going back and forth with Thomas trying to get the best out of each using them in a competitive nature I do not like his tactics and do not like Julien as a coach and believe if Boston loses it will be on him. They blew a 3-0 lead last year. Remember that? I put them on the short list in a wide open Eastern conference. No doubt they have the potential to make a run. Good chance they could see their old enemies in round one, Montreal. I believe especially after last night, Boston can win that series but it wont be easy. I actually believe that Boston, the Sabres and Washington and Pittsburgh are the best prepared for a run if things remain as they are. The Rangers cant score at home, Philly has alot of problems now, and so does Montreal. Who else am I forgetting? If Toronto were to get in I could see them upsetting the Flyers but nobody else at this point. Tampa looks pretty safe to get in but expect a fast exit. They are not playiing well just like the Flyers and are ripe for the picking. If my Sabres get in, they can give either Washington or Philly all they can handle. Tampa and Montreal will lose in round one I say. Boston will make it to round two in my opinion and that is where the fun starts.

I should add going into tonights action, Tampa is the only team in the East currently in a playoff position with a negative goal differential. My team has even passed Montreal after a miserable start for us. We are playing well at the right time for once. So I have hope. But so do the Leafs and Canes. I dont take either lightly and neither should the Rangers. The Rangers are not out of the woods yet either. Not inconcievable that Toronto or Carolina could catch them if my Sabres do not screw things up. If Miller plays like he did in Montreal, we should be in good shape. The Leafs have a tough one in Detroit tomorrow and I am sure the Red Wings will be in a foul mood.

Hey Leafs nation. Sabres at Leafs tomorrow night. Should be a crazy crowd. Its a must win for Toronto. I think better days are ahead for them, but not this year. They are getting better. I dont take the game lightly. Miller will have to be like he was last week, and he had two shutouts. I see that goalie of yours is playing real well. I cant keep track of who is in the nets in Toronto Looks like Gigurere will be gone in the off season. We have lost Leopold with a broken hand. Hope that is the last injury. Canucks had a defenseman go down with a concussion. Hopefully mild and can return. Kings are pretty much toast now that Kovaar is lost for season with broken ankle. I did not like their chances to even win one round. Teams I predict will make a fast exit. LA, Anaheim, Tampa and Philly. Yes Philly. They are playing terrible. The guy they got from Toronto is the only guy that is scoring. They looked terrible last night. If they dont find some answers, they will be out regardless of who they play.

you Leafs fans are a bunch of :chickeddance:

Archived