The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Uh-oh, Ally...

Yeah, I'll admit it ...this series is really getting under my skin. After failing to show up in games 4&5 I thought we played really well last night and should have put the game and the series away. Two rookie mistakes by Cory Schnieder hurt us but Luongo's floundering on the original Hossa shot in OT pretty much sums up why the Hawks have been able to comeback from being 3 games down. He's been poor from game 4 on and as much as I hate to point the finger at one player, he has done nothing to warrant his status as one of the league's top goaltenders . The Hawks rookie goaltender Crawford on the other hand has been solid and on occasion... spectacular. You can see the Hawks are confident about his play where as we're playing like we're not quite sure. Having said all that, we're still in with a chance. Hopefully Cory Schnieder starts game 7 and he remembers not to try and play the puck from behind the net :D .

I'd love to know who the Wings are playing next. It's such a pain sweeping your opponent and then having all that time to rest.

That series really took me by suprise. I know I picked Phoenix to win it but was expecting a long hard fought series. Never in my wildest dreams did I think they'd end up going down 4 straight. Cudos to the Wings.

That series really took me by suprise. I know I picked Phoenix to win it but was expecting a long hard fought series. Never in my wildest dreams did I think they'd end up going down 4 straight. Cudos to the Wings.

I had no doubt Detroit would make short work of them. Phoenix is overated and Vancouver had the misfortune of having to play the toughest foe in the West. They would have smoked Phoenix too. We get the toughest in the East. And tomorrow night I am hoping Ryan Miller and Derrick Roy who returns from a three month injury take the dirty cheating bastards down. Go Sabres and Go Canucks. Lets get it done tomorrow Ally. WE can do it. Come on Leafs nation. Get behind the sabres. if it was Toronto I would be cheering for them to take down the Flyers. I just dont get the refs in these playoffs. We get banged and slammed and Miller gets run and no whistle. Butler touches a jersey and he is blown off. They gave the Flyers 7 power plays in one period. Three five on threes and they could not beat Miller. We need Ryan to work his magic one more game tomorrow. Stone them Ryan. We need to get shots on whichever of their goalies gets picked tomorrow. Maybe George Plimpton will be in the nets for them. I hope Lindy pulls Butler. He cost us two games. Play Sekera or Morrison if we must. Get that idiot out of there. We can win this thing.

Hi all,

No joke! 'Round here if the B's don't win the Cup,.......-shudder- :blink:

I agree with SM,Bettmen is a,...you know,...

KB

Just having some fun KB. The Bruins have as good a chance as anybody in the East of making the finals.

Yeah, Bettman is :D Campbell too !

yO BLACK Dog. No posts? Damn dude. Your boys are on to the next round? Who you want? Miller? Roy and Hecht are ready if we get to round two. We need to take care of business tomorrow. Slam the door. Miller on his best should get it done. The man is the best goalie on the planet. I know the Flyers will be coming hard. they have good forwards. Their goaltending has been their worst enemy. They will dump Boucher and Leighton for sure when they are done. The kid will probably be kept as a backup. But expect them to make a big offer to whoever the Canucks decide not to keep. Or maybe even to Enroth but I just cant see them doing business with us. GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!

Been on Spring Break and my extra absorbent ipad does not allow me to post just read. Scored some tix the for the first game it was unbelieavable. It looks like your knives will cut their way in. It would be nice to see the Bison in round two. Sharpen thoes blades and bring them on down to DC. I'm planning on scalping some le billets for the next series also.

Yeah, I'll admit it ...this series is really getting under my skin. After failing to show up in games 4&5 I thought we played really well last night and should have put the game and the series away. Two rookie mistakes by Cory Schnieder hurt us but Luongo's floundering on the original Hossa shot in OT pretty much sums up why the Hawks have been able to comeback from being 3 games down. He's been poor from game 4 on and as much as I hate to point the finger at one player, he has done nothing to warrant his status as one of the league's top goaltenders . The Hawks rookie goaltender Crawford on the other hand has been solid and on occasion... spectacular. You can see the Hawks are confident about his play where as we're playing like we're not quite sure. Having said all that, we're still in with a chance. Hopefully Cory Schnieder starts game 7 and he remembers not to try and play the puck from behind the net :D .

Yeah goalies handling the puck well is becoming a lost art. Brodeur is great at that, almost like an extra d-man for them. Experience helps, too, in terms of knowing the bounces in opposing rinks and taking advantage of/not getting taken in by them.

Although the entire blame can't be put at Luongo's feet - the twins have disappeared with Bolland's return to the ice - he will still bear the brunt of the criticism if things don't go Vancouver's way tonight. It comes with the territory of an eleven year contract. I'm just glad he held it together during the Olympics, and he'll need that mojo because he clearly tends to crack under pressure.

Crawford's been lights out for the Hawks, but that kind of brash confidence tends to come with playoff newbie territory. Call it beginner's luck or what you will, but he just doesn't seem to be phased by the moment. Maybe they weight of the moment will finally have the desired (for Canucks fans) effect tonight. Good luck!

Edited by Patrycja

The refs are pure shit. They are allowed to drill our guys head first into the boards and get away with it. Miller went after Carcillo. So much for the meeting on head shots by the league. Bettman and Campbell and the refs can all suck my dick. They all stink and are ruining the game. We were 8 minutes from winning this series and they blow our guy off for a shirt grab that was so minor compared to all they are getting away with. they had the fix in for us from day one.

Oh my God. Unbelievable...........!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Canucks fans :beer:

Thanks Pat. I guess Luongo earned his salary tonight.

Cudos to the Hawks for coming back in this series .

Silver , I'm sorry to see the Sabres eliminated but happy to have you on board the rest of the way. I hope it's a long ride !

Thanks Pat. I guess Luongo earned his salary tonight.

Cudos to the Hawks for coming back in this series .

Silver , I'm sorry to see the Sabres eliminated but happy to have you on board the rest of the way. I hope it's a long ride !

Yes Ally. I am for the Canucks all the way. They are my second favorite team. Its your year and I am confident you will get it done. As long as the dirty cheap ref assisted Flyers dont win also. Go Canucks. Better days next year for my team. It will be interesting who spends more money. pegula or Burke?

Poor Habs they played their hearts out. Gotta say, Silver, saw the highlights today from your game and Carcillo is all kinds of stupid. I hope Philly doesn't make it out of the next round. Bruins played a bit dirty, too. Still, Habs had them 2-0 and let it slip out of their hands...

Poor Habs they played their hearts out. Gotta say, Silver, saw the highlights today from your game and Carcillo is all kinds of stupid. I hope Philly doesn't make it out of the next round. Bruins played a bit dirty, too. Still, Habs had them 2-0 and let it slip out of their hands...

The Flyers are beyond dirty. They are a disgrace to the game of hockey. They will probably get to the final and be undressed by Vancouver. I am very sad but I have posted my opinions on the Buffalo News, in Philly and on talk radio locally. Our future is bright. And the experts agree with me. We need a defenseman like Biekstra to complete our blue line with Myers, Sekera and Gaganani. We need a 30 plus goal scoring center to go with the ones we have. Vanek, Stafford, Roy, Boyes, Gausted, Pommer, McCormick and others. We must get rid of Morrison, who is benched anyway, Montador, Butler who cost us the damn seiries. The refs need to crack down on the head hits. They are not doing a damn thing. Now we have a guy we can play twenty games and rest Miller. Enroth.

My picks for round two I was wrong only on Sabres, and I should not have been. I picked Tampa, Detroit, Vancouver, and you can go back and look.

So here it is folks:

Vancouver over Nashville in five

Sa Jose and Detrot is too close to call. Toss up. Will pick the Sharks in 7 but I could be very wrong

Philly over Boston in six ( though I will cheer for Boston)

Tampa over Washington in an epic battle in 7 but could be wrong here too.

Vancouver to win the Stanley Cup over either Tampa or Flyers in six. i belive Tampa could take advantage of the Flyers weak goaltending. So could Boston if Thomas wakes up and plays the way he did earlier.

There’s a first time for everything. But this was ridiculous.

It was the first playoff game ever for Benn Ferriero.

Also, obviously, his first playoff overtime ever.

Also, his first shift on the ice in the overtime.

Also, his first shot on net of the entire game.

Goal. Game winner.

"And on my birthday," Ferriero said.

And on his birthday. The first and only 24th birthday he will ever have.

Sharks 2, Detroit 1, Ferriero who?

:D:blink:

There's a first time for everything. But this was ridiculous.

It was the first playoff game ever for Benn Ferriero.

Also, obviously, his first playoff overtime ever.

Also, his first shift on the ice in the overtime.

Also, his first shot on net of the entire game.

Goal. Game winner.

"And on my birthday," Ferriero said.

And on his birthday. The first and only 24th birthday he will ever have.

Sharks 2, Detroit 1, Ferriero who?

:D:blink:

Saw the end. Did not realiZe who it was . I will cheer for Boston but think they will lose. Par for the course. just hoping Vancouver runs the table. .They are the onlly good guys left.

Hi all,

B's win game 1! ;)

KB

I know it's only one game in but Philly looks like they're going to have a hard time handling the Bruins big forwards. That being the case, the cheap shot's should start game 2. Can't wait to see Carcillo get hit and land somewhere on Broad St. :D