T.S.R.T.S. dvd question

koogaboy

hi all.. first post.. i have searched etc. to find the answer to this but haven't found anything so PLEASE forgive me if the answer is out there somewhere!

i was browsing in HMV (uk store for those who don't know) and chanced upon the new T.S.R.T.S dvd that has been re-released. i'd last seen this years ago on vhs so was interested in the new version/extras/audio blah,blah,blah..

there were a couple of 2 disc special editions left but one had a 'includes 30 minutes of extra material' sticker on it so i thought maybe the other copy just had the sticker missing or something..

anyway.. to be sure (and here's my point/question) i read through the 'special features' box on the back cover to find that one edition had an extra feature listed: 'radio profile spotlight by cameron crowe (1976)' and the other copy did not list this feature...

misprint?

in any event i picked the copy up that listed the interview just incase :D

a slightly anal question but ..'it makes me wonder'...

anyone know?

ta!

hmm... so no answers.. probably because this was put into the newbie section after posting originally.

i though if it was stuck here it was because it was such an obvious question that everyone knew the answer to and i'd be inundated with replies ...ha!

oh well.. i heard today that the dvd had been pulled and then re-issued because of a kinks clip in the cameron crowe 'extras' section (the whole 'you really got me' debate regarding jimmy and the davies brothers etc..)

so incase anyone else stumbles on this.. there's the answer!

i'm glad my curiousness got me the dvd with the 'offending' item on :D

i heard today that the dvd had been pulled and then re-issued because of a kinks clip in the cameron crowe 'extras' section (the whole 'you really got me' debate regarding jimmy and the davies brothers etc)

Correct. Just to clarify, the use of 'You Really Got Me' as background music during one segment of the feature generated a copyright dispute which resulted in the release

being pulled. It's almost funny, given the arguments that particular song has already

generated over the years between Jimmy and The Kinks.

• 1 month later...
thanks steve :D

hopefully this'll help anyone else of a curious mind.. ta!

On the subject of TSRTS I am confused as to whether you can buy the dvd to show the whole concert without fantasy sections. Including the songs originally omitted, Misty Mountain Hop, The Ocean etc...

On the subject of TSRTS I am confused as to whether you can buy the dvd to show the whole concert without fantasy sections. Including the songs originally omitted, Misty Mountain Hop, The Ocean etc...

The answer is no you can't.

• 3 weeks later...

Why would you want to, is the question? The fantasy sequences are part of it, like it or not.

Archived