A sad day for album-themed-rock-and-roll-radio

zosodude13

Wease returning to air on WFXF

Jeff Spevak

Staff music critic

February 27, 2008 2:30 pm — Brother Wease is back. Wease, whose long-time morning show on WCMF ended when his contract ran out at the start of the year, has signed an agreement with Clear Channel Entertainment to host a morning show on WFXF-FM (95.1).

“The Fox has been doing a great job as it is, without the benefit of a high-profile morning show,” Wease said. He will be that high-profile show. The question is: Starting when?

Interestingly, Wease’s first duties for his new employers will be in sales, where he started with WCMF-FM (96.5) three decades ago. Because of a non-compete clause in his contract with his former employer, Entercom, he cannot work on air for a competing station for a specific time. Wease said he does not know how long that situation will last. Non-compete clauses are usually for a year, although Wease expects to be on the air sooner.

In the meantime, he will be building his new show, hiring a producer, comedian and female co-host. “Same show as the last show, except different people,” he said today, before a 3 p.m. press conference making the announcement.

• 4 weeks later...

Well for any that are familiar with story, it appears Weese will be soon working for another station here, and his old co-workers are stilll at WCMF. They have somehow brought back Kano who had been fired but I see he is back on playing the old classic stuff like led Zepp, Stones, Floyd, Who etc. I think Weese will be taking them head on. Many have jumped ship since he left.

What's cheesy too..and even was back in the 70s...

When they'd take listener requests....they'd usually just record the phone calls...then play them at an opportune time...and only pick the requests that fell into line with what they would play anyway.

Someone requesting an obscure tune would very RARELY get recognized. It was so planned and predictable....:rolleyes:

Miss you Joelmon.....

Anyway, Classic Rock, or as I like to refer to them, Crappic Rock stations, can ALWAYS find some dweeb to call in and request the most innane overplayed commercial POC. That will never in a Million Years justify playing that crap. DJs that work for Classic Rock stations are the lowest of the low. How can you have --any--street credibility playing the same shit over and over. THAT'S --NOT-- THE SPIRIT OF "FM" RADIO !!! That's the old "AM" rputine, re-tooled for FM Rock. THAT WILL NEVER DO!

These DJs just know how to promote getting drunk! That's all they're good for.

And this "head" doesn't want no drunk choosing his songs.

You can just hear it int he vocie of those (losers) calling in that actually really want to hear that POS song again ! GET --- A --- LIFE ! I say !!

But, it's these unwashed masses, their "homoginized" listeners... that the station loves to attract for the Coa-Cola and the McDonalds advertisers, who are slo looking to market to these masses.

Miss you Joelmon.....

Anyway, Classic Rock, or as I like to refer to them, Crappic Rock stations, can ALWAYS find some dweeb to call in and request the most innane overplayed commercial POC. That will never in a Million Years justify playing that crap. DJs that work for Classic Rock stations are the lowest of the low. How can you have --any--street credibility playing the same shit over and over. THAT'S --NOT-- THE SPIRIT OF "FM" RADIO !!! That's the old "AM" rputine, re-tooled for FM Rock. THAT WILL NEVER DO!

Question....if you were offered a reasonable amount of money per year, guaranteed for let's say 10 years, to be a DJ you describe above, would you take the job? I would in a heartbeat.

This topic and others discussing the downfall of independent music stores, magazines, blah, blah, blah are just not of interest to me anymore.

Miss you Joelmon.....

You can just hear it int he vocie of those (losers) calling in that actually really want to hear that POS song again ! GET --- A --- LIFE ! I say !!

But, it's these unwashed masses, their "homoginized" listeners... that the station loves to attract for the Coa-Cola and the McDonalds advertisers, who are slo looking to market to these masses.

Actually the guy Im talking about here was only on for talk radio version of the show in the morning. He isi an icon here. It was about many current events local and national. So this isnt really about the DJ music playing. But then again, I more or less addressed this to those who know who he is. and their are some members who do.

Archived