Who didn't deserve to go?

I didn't deserve to go. So I didn't. I'm sorry that the majority of the rest of you that actually DID deserve to go, didn't get to. Congratulations to the few who got to go - deserving or not. Who mentioned Paris Hilton's liver? That too will be on ebay soon, surely...

I have read a lot on this particular subject, the luck of the draw, and such, for those who were life long and very true and loyal fans, that could not get tikets, it was very sad, and they can only console themselves, that they were lucky back in the seventies to of seen the genuine article.

I hope they do a tour for those people.

I have read a lot on this particular subject, the luck of the draw, and such, for those who were life long and very true and loyal fans, that could not get tikets, it was very sad, and they can only console themselves, that they were lucky back in the seventies to of seen the genuine article.

I hope they do a tour for those people.

Not everyone who's been a lifelong fan was lucky to see them in the 70s either. Tis a bummer but not much I can do except continue to enjoy their music as I have :D

I find it hard to understand why some people think they deserved to go but others like Paris Hilton don't. Pretty stupid conversation really.

Who cares if the celebs or anyone else who went weren't fans. Is there some sort of fucking test to pass in order to be a fan?

I've been to many concerts and other events where I wasn't a fan, enjoyed myself and had a great experience. Am I unworthy to attend because I have better things to do than worship people I will never meet or know?

It's called experiencing life.

Stop thinking you deserve something when you don't and that big round globe we call the world will cease revolving around you.

I hereby throw myself into the flames, by declaring that I didn't deserve to go, either! Know why? Huge fan that I am, I must openly admit that I didn't think they'd be so AWESOME! I didn't think they'd still have it the way they used to. I am AN IDIOT. Now if they'd only smack me on the ass for being so wrong, I'd be a happy woman.

I think you deserve that! :D

When I was a teenager, I had my mom tape Live Aid for me, as I was out of town on a music trip. When I got back and watched it, I was like, :huh:

I didn't know what I know now, like JP's guitar being handed to him out of tune, and that they had to wait a long time to go on, and Phil Collins being a dork. But I thoroughly enjoed The Firm and The Honeydrippers live. In the 90's I barely paid attention to the Zepp guys or anything else, because I was busy trying to be a Susie homemaker. Still enjoyed the old tunes as much as ever, though.

When I heard about the o2 show, I actually thought, why the hell are they doing this? No, I'm afraid smacks on the ass aren't enough. I've been smacking myself on the forehead for over 2 months! Now all I can do is geek out on this forum, because it's the closest I'll ever fuckin' get!

Thanks for listening, Dr. Phil.

When I was a teenager, I had my mom tape Live Aid for me, as I was out of town on a music trip. When I got back and watched it, I was like, :huh:

I didn't know what I know now, like JP's guitar being handed to him out of tune, and that they had to wait a long time to go on, and Phil Collins being a dork. But I thoroughly enjoed The Firm and The Honeydrippers live. In the 90's I barely paid attention to the Zepp guys or anything else, because I was busy trying to be a Susie homemaker. Still enjoyed the old tunes as much as ever, though.

When I heard about the o2 show, I actually thought, why the hell are they doing this? No, I'm afraid smacks on the ass aren't enough. I've been smacking myself on the forehead for over 2 months! Now all I can do is geek out on this forum, because it's the closest I'll ever fuckin' get!

Thanks for listening, Dr. Phil.

let's hope we ALL get another chance to see them in the near future...until then, I'm geeking out right next to ya! :blink:

LOL!!!!! i like the little banana guy.

I don't think I've ever posted on whether they'll tour, or not. Maybe that's because I assume they won't. But In the event they actually do, there would be people going insane for those tickets. I mean, they'd have to do 5 shows in every city, or charge a fortune. I just don't know how that would work. I guess I assume they wouldn't be up for it, but I was SO, SO wrong about them before the 02, so who the hell knows? And maybe I'm afraid they will. I could be afraid they will, because then they're messing with what it was before, and that's risky, because what it was before was so out-of-this-world good. Of course, it's up to them to mess with it or not, as they see fit. And they've already proved they're still out-of-this-world good, so...

How's THAT for a major geek out? :wacko:

I don't think I've ever posted on whether they'll tour, or not. Maybe that's because I assume they won't. But In the event they actually do, there would be people going insane for those tickets. I mean, they'd have to do 5 shows in every city, or charge a fortune. I just don't know how that would work. I guess I assume they wouldn't be up for it, but I was SO, SO wrong about them before the 02, so who the hell knows? And maybe I'm afraid they will. I could be afraid they will, because then they're messing with what it was before, and that's risky, because what it was before was so out-of-this-world good. Of course, it's up to them to mess with it or not, as they see fit. And they've already proved they're still out-of-this-world good, so...

How's THAT for a major geek out? :wacko:

LOL! yes, i am so with you. it's like, what i really want is to go back in time and see them live in the 70's...but since Bill Gates hasn't come up with friggin' Windows for Time Travel, my only hope is this snowballs-chance-in-hell reunion tour. which, if it happens, will send me into a complete frenzy for tickets knowing all the while I might not get any, and then i have to re-live the whole disappointment of missing the 02 arena show.

yes the geek-alert in on high tonight!

LOL! yes, i am so with you. it's like, what i really want is to go back in time and see them live in the 70's...but since Bill Gates hasn't come up with friggin' Windows for Time Travel, my only hope is this snowballs-chance-in-hell reunion tour. which, if it happens, will send me into a complete frenzy for tickets knowing all the while I might not get any, and then i have to re-live the whole disappointment of missing the 02 arena show.

yes the geek-alert in on high tonight!

Yes, indeed. And the thing is, I don't WANT to go into a frenzy! It might do me in, for Pete's sake. I can't handle it, I live with a teenager. And I don't want to be disappointed! I have no energy for that! Damn you, Led Zeppelin. I hate myself for loving you.

I didn't deserve to go. So I didn't. I'm sorry that the majority of the rest of you that actually DID deserve to go, didn't get to. Congratulations to the few who got to go - deserving or not. Who mentioned Paris Hilton's liver? That too will be on ebay soon, surely...

I think you deserved to go. I think I did too, but after being offered tickets from several different sources for frankly ridiculous amounts of money I thought bollocks to them. After hearing the show from various tapes I'm glad I didn't spend the money, it was certainly an event but it was no Offenburg 1973 or Earls Court 1975.

Archived