The Sheryl Crow Thread

dragster

Sheryl Suzanne Crow (born February 11, 1962) is an American blues rock singer, guitarist, bassist, and songwriter. Her music blends country, pop, folk, and blues rock into one mainstream sound, and she has won ten Grammy Awards. Crow is also a noted political activist.row's recordings have appeared on the soundtracks to Pixar Cars, Point Break, The X-Files, Big Daddy, Crossroads, Home of the Brave and Stone Cold.

"Detours" just came out and I'll be getting it in the mail pretty soon.

KICK ASS LADY IN MY ROCK BOOK!"!"!! :) :)

http://www.sherylcrow.com/video/

SHERYLCROWcopiedpasted.jpg

SheryCrowcp.jpg

SHERYLCROWrelaxing.jpg

She is pure shit in my book. she wouldnt know how to play a lick if not for Clapton. she walks out of realtionships and never sticks by anyone. she sucks!!! Big time

Well, luckily music is highly SUBJECTIVE, but apart from that, you should try listening to some serious stuff out there like THIS......(or maybe some people don't like it when TRUE American singers sing the TRUTH that's looking us straight in the face out there.....hhhmmmmmm????? :))

SHERYLCROWCmonAmerica2003DVD.jpg

Well, luckily music is highly SUBJECTIVE, but apart from that, you should try listening to some serious stuff out there like THIS......(or maybe some people don't like it when TRUE American singers sing the TRUTH that's looking us straight in the face out there.....hhhmmmmmm????? :))

SHERYLCROWCmonAmerica2003DVD.jpg

Truth my ass. Her lyrics are fucking horrible. Joe Walsh is a true American. This girl might as well be Canadian.

That was 2003------its now 2008 -------- SORRY----- that lp didn`t change anything----I`ll tell you what did Oct.15,06 CbGb`s The Lady who bought the Stairway showed up , alot of insiders in the biz including press who kept it on the low, She C.S.P-3/5/64---said "Why doesn`t somebody start a Revolution!?! (theres where it started) As well as few other things----anyway as a result alot people did get some inspiration and do some things --came up with different lps--notice " Zeigheist " &" Mothership" Shepard Faery work & colors .two weeks after her appearence the begining of Raising sand project announcement went out.Tons of other stuff went forth---as for Crow her Babalyon song sounds like she`s tryn to play off of Plants "shine it all around" from Mighty rearagner......Amazin everyone will make songs about the real Lady & none of them ever gave back to her ..........(Especially the ones sitting on too much already).....they keep sucking up the greed & vanity...And people Wonder why the record industry is dying........you keep stealing from the Mother....Just like the enviroment .........That Mother ........gave.......the consumers ......don`t think about reaping what they sowed.....Making someone pay a debt she don`t & never did owe....It is.... the Other way round ......Time to give back.WAKE UP, GET DEEP In TRUTH ,THINK ABOUT IT !

That was 2003------its now 2008 -------- SORRY----- that lp didn`t change anything----I`ll tell you what did Oct.15,06 CbGb`s The Lady who bought the Stairway showed up , alot of insiders in the biz including press who kept it on the low, She C.S.P-3/5/64---said "Why doesn`t somebody start a Revolution!?! (theres where it started) As well as few other things----anyway as a result alot people did get some inspiration and do some things --came up with different lps--notice " Zeigheist " &" Mothership" Shepard Faery work & colors .two weeks after her appearence the begining of Raising sand project announcement went out.Tons of other stuff went forth---as for Crow her Babalyon song sounds like she`s tryn to play off of Plants "shine it all around" from Mighty rearagner......Amazin everyone will make songs about the real Lady & none of them ever gave back to her ..........(Especially the ones sitting on too much already).....they keep sucking up the greed & vanity...And people Wonder why the record industry is dying........you keep stealing from the Mother....Just like the enviroment .........That Mother ........gave.......the consumers ......don`t think about reaping what they sowed.....Making someone pay a debt she don`t & never did owe....It is.... the Other way round ......Time to give back.WAKE UP, GET DEEP In TRUTH ,THINK ABOUT IT !

Oh yeah,lets remember last weeks super bowl like the man said"..................... ."She was an American girl"

What?

Well, I like her "Steve McQueen" song with Lenny Kravitz, and that song, "If it Makes You Happy." Other than that, I think she's pretty boring, and suprised to see her in a Zeppelin forum (as they are still exciting to me, all these years later).

I sure don't think she's a piece of shit, or a bad person.

:huh:

Can't say I've ever figured out what the big deal is about her. The vast majority of her music sounds very generic and uncreative to my ears. A few years back when tribute records were all the rage you would think she was the only female vocalist in existence because she was all so many of them when there were much more capable and talented female artists out there to choose from such as Lucinda Williams, Tift Merritt, Kasey Chambers, etc. I equate Sheryl as the female version of Lenny Kravitz, who's attempts at a retro sound come across just as uninspired as hers.

Can't say I've ever figured out what the big deal is about her. The vast majority of her music sounds very generic and uncreative to my ears. A few years back when tribute records were all the rage you would think she was the only female vocalist in existence because she was all so many of them when there were much more capable and talented female artists out there to choose from such as Lucinda Williams, Tift Merritt, Kasey Chambers, etc. I equate Sheryl as the female version of Lenny Kravitz, who's attempts at a retro sound come across just as uninspired as hers.

Ironic... I was just about to make the same statement. Lenny Kravitz is quite the hack as well.

Watered down.

What?

YES ,she is a real LADY.... that night she said I`am real and on SP Zeigheist theres a song were Billy Says of course your Real we all Are.... ............ ............ ...........That night she wore a black coat & jeans--with a red hoody & an Tee shirt with a native American Mother holding a baby with the sun behind them,and on the bottom it said "Peace on Earth" she is The "MotherShip" (IsIs Navigaum ) as well as others.

YES ,she is a real LADY.... that night she said I`am real and on SP Zeigheist theres a song were Billy Says of course your Real we all Are.... ............ ............ ...........That night she wore a black coat & jeans--with a red hoddy & an Tee shirt with a native American Mother holding a baby with the sun behind them,and on the bottom it said "Peace on Earth" she is The "MotherShip" (IsIs Navigaum ) as well as others.

No, I meant "What?" as in, you don't make any sense.

Your posts are wasted, because no one knows what the hell you are saying. Ever.

Sheryl Crow is a hack. Shes boring, and she can't cover songs for shit. Why is she able to still put stuff out, i'll never know...

hey electricmage i totally agree with you, why do people even bother with her, she rubs me the wrong way, and what did lance ever see in her!

hey electricmage i totally agree with you, why do people even bother with her, she rubs me the wrong way, and what did lance ever see in her!

Perhaps it's what did Sheryl ever see in Lance, hehehhehehehehhehehehehehhe :D:D:D:D:D .....but who the damn cares about Sheryl's private life....EYE don't!! I'm on this forum for ZEP and the good vibes out there!! C'mon get a life! :) :)

Robert. B)

Aaaaah do I LOVE threads like this.....shear individualism is what we need in comments...freedom of speech!! :) :). I love it this way. I was dead sure over 50% od peeps here wouldn't have loved Sheryl.....but I and tens of thousands of people out there will keep on HAILING these kind of songs forever....much better than listening to that right-wing HAG named J-Lo...just ONE example of CRAPPY music out there!! :)

She was born in November 1963

The day Aldous Huxley died

And her mama believed

That every man could be free

So her mama got high, high, high

And her daddy marched on Birmingham

Singing mighty protest songs

And he pictured all the places

That he knew that she belonged

But he failed and taught her young

The only thing she's need to carry on

He taught her how to

Run baby run baby run baby run

Baby run

Past the arms of the familiar

And their talk of better days

To the comfort of the strangers

Slipping out before they say

so long

Baby loves to run

She counts out all her money

In the taxi on the way to meet her plane

Stares hopeful out the window

At the workers fighting

Through the pouring rain

She's searching through the stations

For an unfamiliar song

And she's pictures all the places

Where she knows she still belongs

And she smiles the secret smile

Because she knows exactly how

To carry on

So run baby run baby run baby run

Baby run

From the old familiar faces and

Their old familiar ways

To the comfort of the strangers

Slipping out before they say

So long

Baby loves to run

(Bill Bottrell/David Baerwald/Sheryl Crow)

• 1 month later...

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003725729

Crow Says She'll Sing With Fleetwood Mac

crow_sheryl_04l.gif

Sheryl Crow

Sheryl Crow says she'll soon be singing with Fleetwood Mac, a move sure to give new life to the classic rock band, which hasn't toured in several years.

"I don't want to make any official announcements, but I will say that we definitely have plans for collaborating in the future, and we'll see what happens," Crow told the AOL music Web site Spinner.com in a story posted Thursday.

The 46-year-old singer didn't give a date, but said it could happen next year.

She's already thinking about what she'd like to perform. "I'd love to do `The Chain,' I'd love to do `Second Hand News,'" Crow said.

Crow said she looked forward to working with friend Stevie Nicks.

"I think the person I learned the most hands-on from is Stevie Nicks because she allowed me not only to co-write with her but also to produce her, and she's a true artist," she said.

Crow would give the band and Nicks a boost. According to Spinner.com, Nicks had said she wouldn't continue with Fleetwood Mac without keyboardist Christine McVie, who retired from touring in 1998. McVie joined Fleetwood Mac in 1970 shortly after marrying the band's bass guitarist, John McVie.

Fleetwood Mac last toured in 2004.

Crow is currently touring after the release of her latest album, "Detours."

Phone and e-mail messages left with representatives for Fleetwood Mac and Crow were not immediately returned.

I think the Fleetwood Mac news is a little wack-o. She plays with just too damn many other artists.

I'm not a fan but if she wants to play with a bunch of other artists it really doesn't bother me (well aside from her joining Fleetwood Mac). At least it doesn't when Willie Nelson does it. If anything it helps to break down boundaries between different kinds of music.

She also goes on too many TV shows that seem to be geared toward womens interest. I'm afraid that her career will go the same way that Olivia Newton-John has, what with all the environmental issues that she is into and the the breast cancer thing. She's been talking too much about her personal life and not enough about music.

I don't care what her political views are as long as it doesn't get in the way of the music.

If Sheryl (or any other artist for that matter) can help to bring more attention to breast cancer research and the environment, more power to them. It doesn't bother me a damn bit.

Archived