The Sheryl Crow Thread

dragster

So she can play with anyone but Fleetwood Mac?

I didn't say that. I said it doesn't bother me that she plays with other artists but it does bother me that she's joining Fleetwood Mac.

Too bad. She's got her sites in on Fleetwood Mac this time.

Go listen to your ipod.

Even after you edited your post it doesn't help me understand the "Go listen to your ipod" comment any further.

You're just looking for a fight, I've seen you do it with others on this web-site too.

I'm not "looking for a fight" at all, I merely disagree with you about Sheryl (and other artists) views on issues such as preserving the environment and breast cancer awareness.

Do you really think she's joining Fleetwood Mac?

Yep. It's been hinted at before but now it's been all but officially confirmed.

I gatta see that to believe it.

Not sure how you managed to miss it but here it is, from just a few posts back:

Crow Says She'll Sing With Fleetwood Mac

It may bother some of her fans when she plays wth others, depending on who it is, just as much as it bothers you if she were to join Fleetwood Mac.

The more people she plays with the biger the risk she takes career wise.

I don't see her joining Fleetwood Mac as any kind of career risk. If anything it will only increase her visibility.

I think the Fleetwood Mac news is a little wack-o. She plays with just too damn many other artists.

She also goes on too many TV shows that seem to be geared toward womens interest. I'm afraid that her career will go the same way that Olivia Newton-John has, what with all the environmental issues that she is into and the the breast cancer thing. She's been talking too much about her personal life and not enough about music.

I don't care what her political views are as long as it doesn't get in the way of the music.

So, her music shouldn't involve things she cares about? Maybe the lady has something to say. Some folks find that music is the perfect vehicle for expressing something important. Maybe that makes her less 'fun', but perhaps it shows she has a bit more depth to her than 2:30 of uninspired soak up the sun stuff.

I'm not a fan but if she wants to play with a bunch of other artists it really doesn't bother me (well aside from her joining Fleetwood Mac). At least it doesn't when Willie Nelson does it. If anything it helps to break down boundaries between different kinds of music.

If Sheryl (or any other artist for that matter) can help to bring more attention to breast cancer research and the environment, more power to them. It doesn't bother me a damn bit.

Agreed. I'm not a big fan either. I don't own any albums but I don't rush to the radio if one of her songs comes on. If she decides to sing about something with more substance than drinking beer with Billy or pondering pictures, then good for her. I don't know if the quality of her music would improve, but I'm all for the effort.

You're just looking for a fight, I've seen you do it with others on this web-site too.

Umm, I think it's called expressing an opinion. Why are YOU going on at him about his posts? There have been posts far less kind than Jahfin's regarding Sheryl Crow, but yuou gotta get hung up on the fact that he's not a big fan.

Do you know what I hate the most? Being ignored.

That's pretty obvious.

You don't even like her. Why put that much energy into the subject.

Go try to figure out the ipod thing. This is rediculous.

Umm, I think it's called a discussion... you know, expressing opinions and stuff. Some folks like her music, some don't.

You're correct though, this is a bit ridiculous ( no 'e' )... but as you mentioned earlier, you don't like to be ignored.

Little did I think the heat would be so high on Sheryl.......but that's how I like threads on a serious forum like this one :):):)....keep the ops comin'...that's REAL democracy for ya! :). Hmmm, Sheryl and Mac.....what a combo! :)

Nothing can change my opinions on Sheryl and her music though :)

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Fleetwood Mac surprised by Sheryl Crow claim

DETROIT (Billboard) - Sheryl Crow's recent claim that she would be working with Fleetwood Mac surprised a lot of people -- including the members of the classic rock group.

Crow, 46, who's friendly with Mac's Stevie Nicks, told the AOL music website Spinner.com earlier this month that she and the band "definitely have plans for collaborating in the future, and we'll see what happens."

"I think we were all a little surprised (Crow) was announcing that to the world with such certainty," Fleetwood Mac principal Lindsey Buckingham, 58, told Billboard.com with a laugh.

"We have talked about the possibility of bringing another woman into the scene to kind of give Stevie a sort of foil and shake it up a little bit. (Crow) was certainly a name that has come up. We'll have to see."

Nicks, 59, has been the group's sole female member since Christine McVie, now 64, retired from the band in the late '90s.

Buckingham said the group, which last toured in 2004, is considering returning to the road in the first half of 2009, possibly with some new material. He said that he has "a ton of new stuff" that could be used for a new Fleetwood Mac album, its first since 2003's "Say You Will."

Buckingham -- who's just released a new concert DVD, "Live at the Bass Performance Hall," from his 2006-07 solo tour -- is also planning another solo album for this summer.

Recorded with members of his touring band as well as Fleetwood Mac co-founders Mick Fleetwood, 60, and John McVie, 62, he said it "has a little more of a rock feel to it" than his most recent effort, 2006's "Under the Skin."

"It's just another group of tunes that hopefully will translate to stage, and hopefully we can get some more (solo) dates this summer."

Fleetwood Mac surprised by Sheryl Crow claim

DETROIT (Billboard) - Sheryl Crow's recent claim that she would be working with Fleetwood Mac surprised a lot of people -- including the members of the classic rock group.

Crow, 46, who's friendly with Mac's Stevie Nicks, told the AOL music website Spinner.com earlier this month that she and the band "definitely have plans for collaborating in the future, and we'll see what happens."

"I think we were all a little surprised (Crow) was announcing that to the world with such certainty," Fleetwood Mac principal Lindsey Buckingham, 58, told Billboard.com with a laugh.

"We have talked about the possibility of bringing another woman into the scene to kind of give Stevie a sort of foil and shake it up a little bit. (Crow) was certainly a name that has come up. We'll have to see."

Nicks, 59, has been the group's sole female member since Christine McVie, now 64, retired from the band in the late '90s.

Buckingham said the group, which last toured in 2004, is considering returning to the road in the first half of 2009, possibly with some new material. He said that he has "a ton of new stuff" that could be used for a new Fleetwood Mac album, its first since 2003's "Say You Will."

Buckingham -- who's just released a new concert DVD, "Live at the Bass Performance Hall," from his 2006-07 solo tour -- is also planning another solo album for this summer.

Recorded with members of his touring band as well as Fleetwood Mac co-founders Mick Fleetwood, 60, and John McVie, 62, he said it "has a little more of a rock feel to it" than his most recent effort, 2006's "Under the Skin."

"It's just another group of tunes that hopefully will translate to stage, and hopefully we can get some more (solo) dates this summer."

If I were Fleetwood Mac Id have nothing to do with her. She cant sing half as good as Stevie Nicks anyway. Or McVie.

Sheryl Crow is a hack. Shes boring, and she can't cover songs for shit. Why is she able to still put stuff out, i'll never know...

I agree...her music blows...up there with Hootie and the Blowfish as pop rock...and no, she's not hot

Well she is a greedy, heartless Vixen at best.

Hahahhahahaha, you guys make me only laugh...hahhahahahahahhhaòòòò....why don't ya'll FADE AWAY back into your little J-Lo-Britney Spears idiot holes and leave the serious music to the experts, hmm??!! :):):):)

Rob

Wow, I totally missed all the fighting here. I own nothing by either artist, but will listen to them on the radio. I think it would be an interesting to see Sheryl record with them. Now for a little secret, in my entire collection of CD's, LP's etc, I might own 2 or 3 recordings by females. Yikes, I threw away the broken Patti Smith Horses cassette. Make that 1 or 2.

Getting back to the so-called Mac-Sheryl connection, I hope nobody here really believes Sheryl's gonna join Mac.....no sense in it at all really!! :)

Personally man, I think it would be a great move and would generate interest in both artists AND the music scene in general.

Personally man, I think it would be a great move and would generate interest in both artists AND the music scene in general.

Well, we can all dream about it happening, but I don't think Mac is interested. Musically speaking, I'd love that to happen too!!!

Well, we can all dream about it happening, but I don't think Mac is interested. Musically speaking, I'd love that to happen too!!!

You know dragster Ill never figure you out. I always thought you were very smart until you start sticking up for Sheryl Crow. I dont get it. How can you think she has any talent?

You know dragster Ill never figure you out. I always thought you were very smart until you start sticking up for Sheryl Crow. I dont get it. How can you think she has any talent?

Well, if I listen to all the garbage out there in the last 15 years (90% of what the so-called "experts" call music) and specifically the various J-Los, Spears, Madonna's, Beyoncès, etc. etc., how can I NOT love sheryl's music??! :);):P ......answer that one if you can!?:)

To each their own when it comes to Sheryl but I find the music of Tift Merritt, Lucinda Williams, Melissa Swingle (Trailer Bride/The Moaners), Mary Huff (Southern Culture on the Skids), Beth Orton, Kasey Chambers, Patty Griffin, Natalie Merchant and many, many others to have far more character and to be far less generic than anything I've ever heard by Sheryl.

I think sheryl crow always had a good band around her and that worked imo, rock music wise. The first record with -leaving las vegas was good imo and the second, but then she lost me. the new -fly over babylon song sounds good, but i dont run out and buy new cds anymore. I'm used to waiting to find stuff a year later at the used cd store. I even found a copy of -the who by numbers used, the remastered with the bonus tracks...just by waiting and checking every year or whatever. The same with some pearl jam cds, morphine, the cure... so this new sheryl crow cd could be a 2 or 3yr wait till i hear it. :D

Archived