Badgeholders vs Eddie

snapper

I may have bad copies of LTTE and a Decent one of Badge.

I think why LTTE is so famous is that, if im mistaken, badgeholder just recently came out in the last 20 years, while LTTE been out since the 70's. Bonzo drumming is the only reason i tried to get LTTE after i got Badge. I have a hard time with Aud recordings and those seem to be the best. Again is't soundboard recoding new too, like in the last 20 years. I think they are both equal, but ive listen to the No quarter off of Badge 56 times in the last 2 weeks. thats why it's better for me.

badgeholders simply for the banter before trampled underfoot!

"im not a badgeholder.. what are you doing"

LOL! I've always loved that as well "Right now its that time of the night where we'd like to talk about Badgeholders..."

That and the guy screaming for Heartbreaker during the Eddie show always give me a laugh.

Classic shows for those who dont have them, get 'em and play 'em loud.

Where did the "Listen To This Eddie" title come from? Was Eddie VH in the audience that night?

The title was either directed at VH for criticizing Jimmy's guitar playing or at Eddie Kramer. Some people say that Zeppelin wanted to release a live album from the '77 tour, but Kramer refused to do so because of Jimmy's lackluster guitar playing.

The title was either directed at VH for criticizing Jimmy's guitar playing or at Eddie Kramer. Some people say that Zeppelin wanted to release a live album from the '77 tour, but Kramer refused to do so because of Jimmy's lackluster guitar playing.

I was going to say that mike millard named it after eddie kramer, because it seems like mike was devoted to recording, but he did't name it, the bootlegger who got it named it. So i hold the van halen coment as truth.

Yes the 25th is a great show, they are feelin' good and even bust out Communication Breakdown.

The 22nd is a great performance as well but sadly not a good recording otherwise it would be just as popular as the others, IMO.

Just have to add my vote for Badgeholders.

The band and audience are up for it.....Kashmir fuck up aside they play great.....you've got the riotous ending with Keith Moon......and the ULTIMATE ( I agree with Luis Rey's book on this one) ..No Quarter. I really think this is the only time they did the marathon version without any "lost" sections where the attention of the listener wanders........they are ON all the way thru 40 mins or whatever.

LTTE is great....as are all the LA shows in 77 but Badgeholders rules. IMHHO.

Archived