the london howlin' wolf sessions

boogie

got this recod, sometime in the late 70's, at a used record store. forgot i had it. just dug it up, what a classic!... everything from the music, to the art work, is great. the inner sleeve even has all the words.!! the selection of songs is fantastic, rockin daddy, poor boy, the red rooster, wang-dang-doodle. it's all good!!!

credits to howlin' wolf

eric clapton

steve winwood

bill wyman

charlie watts

hubert sumlin (who's that?)

jeffrey m. carp (ditto)

ian stewart

there was "special thanks" to mick jagger, Ahmet Ertegun, and others. did they appear on this album?

got this recod, sometime in the late 70's, at a used record store. forgot i had it. just dug it up, what a classic!... everything from the music, to the art work, is great. the inner sleeve even has all the words.!! the selection of songs is fantastic, rockin daddy, poor boy, the red rooster, wang-dang-doodle. it's all good!!!

credits to howlin' wolf

eric clapton

steve winwood

bill wyman

charlie watts

hubert sumlin (who's that?)

jeffrey m. carp (ditto)

ian stewart

there was "special thanks" to mick jagger, Ahmet Ertegun, and others. did they appear on this album?

Who is Hubert Sumlin?...are you freakin kidding me?

the greatest thing about that album is Wolf showin those english kids how little they really know about the blues :D

educate me

Hubert is a giant of blues guitar, he was with Wolf for pretty much his whole career. It was his licks that the players you are likely familiar with were inspired by...without Sumlin we'd have no Freddy or Albert King, Buddy Guy, etc...

I'm sure Sam can elaborate on this

in the meantime go find "Killing Floor" by Howlin Wolf and start there

Hubert is a giant of blues guitar, he was with Wolf for pretty much his whole career. It was his licks that the players you are likely familiar with were inspired by...without Sumlin we'd have no Freddy or Albert King, Buddy Guy, etc...

I'm sure Sam can elaborate on this

in the meantime go find "Killing Floor" by Howlin Wolf and start there

thanks

Archived