Coverdale/Page

Cat

On 11/8/2021 at 5:16 PM, SteveAJones said:

I'd call it a pointless cash grab but the demand for this is so minuscule it's more like a non-profit vanity project.

Yep. ... and no new information presented since my post from February... 

R😎

185997DF-2B63-4A83-99F4-3F7952758F4E.jpeg

I'd love to hear the unreleased songs mixed and mastered but I really doubt that Jimmy Page is going to work on "new" songs or even add guitar parts to existing unreleased songs.  Not to be negative but I think we all need to face facts that Jimmy Page is unofficially retired and the chances of hearing any new major work from him are at or close to zero.  That's ok, he has created an amazing body of work and owes us nothing new.  

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2021 at 1:52 PM, SteveAJones said:

Pretty much. They tried three times to launch a US tour but there was no interest. The Japanese tour was put together as a concession to them as they really wanted to perform the material live. Even so, they knew before the tour began (or at least Jimmy did) that it was a last hurrah for the collaboration and nothing would follow. 

Hi Steve!

Here's a small run of tour laminates I'm working on.  Two laminates are from the short lived tour of Japan.  The VIP example belonged to Jimmy's guitar tech.  The other All Area Access is either from the cancelled US tour or the cancelled European tour.  The seller thought it was from the European leg but was honest in stating they didn't know.

IMG_20221127_141640239~2.jpg

4 hours ago, Sems Fir said:

Hi Steve!

Here's a small run of tour laminates I'm working on.  Two laminates are from the short lived tour of Japan.  The VIP example belonged to Jimmy's guitar tech.  The other All Area Access is either from the cancelled US tour or the cancelled European tour.  The seller thought it was from the European leg but was honest in stating they didn't know.

IMG_20221127_141640239~2.jpg

The seller may have conflated the cancelled ZoCrowes European tour dates (2000) with cancelled Coverdale/Page European tour dates -- none were ever planned. I've not seen the blue pass before but it's plausible legit laminates were produced given tour preparations did progress to the point of tickets being sold.  

38 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

The seller may have conflated the cancelled ZoCrowes European tour dates (2000) with cancelled Coverdale/Page European tour dates -- none were ever planned. I've not seen the blue pass before but it's plausible legit laminates were produced given tour preparations did progress to the point of tickets being sold.  

I agree, I don't recall ever seeing a mention of a European tour, considering the lack of ticket sales in the US.  The blue pass is made by the same company that made the laminates for the Japan tour.

5 hours ago, Sems Fir said:

I agree, I don't recall ever seeing a mention of a European tour, considering the lack of ticket sales in the US.  The blue pass is made by the same company that made the laminates for the Japan tour.

According to my notes there is also a cloth, triangular-shaped After Show Only pass for Coverdale/Page Japanese tour but I don't seem to have an image at the moment.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have nothing profound or insightful to add to this thread. But I wanted to make some comments, as this album has really gotten into my bloodstream this year. I bought it when it first came out back in 93, at the ripe old age of 22. Back then, I was "too cool for school" and dismissed the album after a few listens, mainly due to Coverdale vocals and lyrics.

Fast forward to today, and I love every single song on the album - not a dud in the batch. Yes, the lyrics are occasionally cheesy ... but so what? It's genuine, heartfelt and sincere front-to-back. And the thing just ROCKS and is extremely well-produced imo. A fantastic album that deserves the occasional ribbing (those background gravelly "aahhs" on "Shake My Tree" make me chuckle every time) it gets. It's fun as hell and - as many others have mentioned - hugely under-appreciated.