Vomit Stories - we all have 'em

JethroTull

Here's where we really get to know each other......I posted this in Other Bands/Misc because vomiting is so rock and roll......Here is my story....

I think it was 1974, me and my buddies went to see the Yes, Tales From Topographic Oceans show at Madison Square Garden in NYC. We always went to Steak and Brew before the concert for burgers and ALL YOU CAN DRINK, PITCHERS OF BEERS for a couple of bucks. Age didn't matter, if you could breath, they would serve you all the beer you wanted. The opening act was John Martyn. I think he played a synthesizer or a guitar hooked up to all sorts of gadgetry that just made the whole arena swirl. Before long my stomach swirled and I puked at my seat behind the stage. I just left and sat in an aisle somewhere else for the rest of the show. I just hated Yes after that show. We caught the bus from the NYC Port Authority for the hour ride home and some guy puked on the bus.

first vomit: bad co. 1975, phil. spectrum, stopped after school, bought (why didn't they card us when we were 16 or 17), a pint of so co. 20 min. to the show. drank it all, bymy self, smoked some bones, walked into the arena. bought some beer. sat down, remember ,the DJ introducing "bad company" i stood up, puked, at my feet, and passed out... but all was not lost, i remember the ride home. and the girl i was with...in the morning my fingers smelled like p.... oh ya, bad co rocks

Hmmm. I really thought this topic was going to be a winner. Let's wait for Joel, I'm sure he has a few stories.

Oh Jesus !!

Uh..I mean Jethro !

Sure...i've puked my guts out...at a concert ? hmmm....no, I never drank that much for a show...but I smoked tons of reefer ! That never made me puke though...

My best puke stories are of parties at the end of the airstrip in Honolulu Hawaii....ya know...drinking keg beer endlessly till that moment of no return ! We'd run out and puke on the runway ! Jets would fly right over us....

One night though I made it home before ralphing.....I didn't want to come out of my room..so I grabbed the nearest recepticle....an acoustic guitar .... I let 'er rip in the HOLE !! :D I kept the guitar for a long time too..and you could see where the puke dried and smell it for awhile..but then after a couple of years..that went away. I had the guitar for a few more years....I'd tell the story fairly often and no one ever wanted to play my guitar....:huh: Hmmmmm...

OH wait !! I remember now !!!

I puked my guts out shortly after Leon Russell came onstage in Dallas once....I made it through ONE SONG !! I'd had Tequila before the show..then a beer when I got in..and that wasn't good....I lost it immediately...so yeah...now that I remembered....LEON RUSSELL !!!!! :lol:

Yo Joel mon!! Me trashed! can no read nor fucking tyoe. Night night! Have a happy! no puking for this b attle tested party veteran. Percs, brew, valuum, night nigbht! :P :mello Later my fellow Zeppaholcis. Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzed

:lol:

Nighty night Rick ! Get you pretty wife to tuck you in ! And have your aspirin ready in the morning....Percs and valium will only bring that swirling back !!!

Like the true alchoholic (recovering for the past 12 years) that I am, I hardly ever puked. But I was witness to much. True story.

Puke Helmet

So we’re at this house party in 1977, ya see. (think , “That 70’s Show” for those of you born after 1985) George and I sneak away into the garage to go “under the rock” (that’s where we kept it in those days). We were known as “El Ka-bong and Dr. Destructo” for the amount of mayhem, and carnage that seemed to follow us. So we sneak surreptitiously through the kitchen to the debris-filled suburban garage. Minding our own business, blowing a joint and pondering the universe, we are rudely interrupted by some underclassed drunk. Ya know, “Hey dude, what’s happenin’, I’m sooo drunk, my girlfriend says..., When I played football, I...., I could beat you guys....on and on.”

“SHAAAAAD-AAAP!” George says, as he palms the guy’s face and shoves him into taking a seat on some newspapers behind a green garbage can. Bumbed out for the moment, he relents and leans over the open can, elbows on the edge, hands cupping his forlorn face.

Peace and quiet! That’s better. Now where were we? We continue our ever-so-important discussion until “Timmy” the drunko-boy begins to heave. In a flash of comic brilliance, George grabs a full-faced motorcycle helmet from the shelf. You know, the kind with a solid jaw piece and a full windshield. He spins and proceeds to pop the helmet onto our drunken victim.

If I may digress for a moment, each of us in our youthful transgressions, fell prey to the abuse of those around us, if we had the audacious stupidity to pass out or lose control of various bodily functions while in the company of our mischievous crew. Once you have been the recipient of such brotherly concern as tying your laces together, magic markering up your sleeping face, having shaving cream squirted up your nose,etc., you learn to control your drinking or at the very least to crawl off into a hiding place to escape the torture. We all painfully learned this lesson in our own way.

It was survival of the fittest.

It made for a sharp crew, and at the very least an entertaining interlude ‘til we lost interest. NEVER, I repeat, NEVER show weakness or ARROGANCE in front of the crew. (Drunks are tailor made for this, God knows I learned the hard way!)

Back to “Timmy”, our arrogant drunk. As the helmet slides on with a “shwop”, Timbo barely reacts. One beat, two beats, he realizes something’s amiss. He stands bolt-upright. His hands are still on the sides of his face.....IN THE HELMET!

He wobbles unsteadily from the waist as he tries in vain to loose his hands, panic sets in, his eyes widen as realizes his dilemma. He dry-heaves again and his eyes bug-out in pure terror. He seems to say “Pul-eeease” (a-hah, I know what you’re thinkin’) George and I look at each other, shrug, it’s definitely too late to do anything now. We turn back to Puke-head just in time to see his face disappear behind lunch, dinner and 13 beers.

His initial thrust was so hard that it shot out of the back of the bottom of the helmet, like two chum jets. It was one of the strangest things that I have ever seen. And except for the splat on the floor it was silent.....kinda like it would be in space.

He struggled to get free and we lent a hand. In the end, he was shaken but relatively unscathed. Needless to say, he stunk and nobody at the party wanted to talk to him after that. I’m sure that if we x-rayed his head we would find bile-laden food particles in his cranium. His hair looked a lot like that messed-up-just-got-outta-bed-thing that’s so popular today (except with peas in it).

Like the true alchoholic (recovering for the past 12 years) that I am, I hardly ever puked. But I was witness to much. True story.

[...]

BUK, congratulations on your 12 years of sobriety! Bless you.

I've seen more than my share of fans and rockers vomiting so I have many stories. I was always the sober girl who ended up taking care of those guys: either taking car keys and driving someone's car for him, waiting outside of a bathroom until I was sure the guy came out and was OK, rolling a guy on his side and then sitting up and watching so the guy wouldn't choke in his sleep, etc.

Oh ! Vomit at a show...yes, yes, I did.

I was at an Eric Clapton concert and people had stormed the doors and 5000 people were in a 3000 arena..our Cow Palace, at the fairgrounds.

Well my gf and I got there early and snuck in a bottle of wine; by the time we decided where we would sit...great seats too, first come first serve, we were pleasantly sauced, Eric comes on and starts playing amazing music, a guy jumps up on stage Naked!! Eric payed him no mind and kept playing.

I noticed that it was entirely PACKED. They were surfing people in over the crowd, it was impossible to move.

I suddenly felt that familiar feeling of too much grape on an empty stomach. Looking around....I knew I couldn't make it to the restroom. I tried sooo hard not to, but up it came...on the concrete seats...:bagoverhead:

Luckily I didn't projectile, or get any on anyone, but it was so embarrassing.

The concert went on into the weee hours of the Am, like they used to...and I recovered right there just fine.

:P

Okay, went to a wedding when I was 12 years old. Discovered a table full of champagne in plastic glasses. Drank dozens. Got completely smashed. Dad tried to get me into the car. Almost pushed him off a cliff because some bullies stole my comb and were playing "keep away" with it. They took me back to "grandma's" and put me in her bed. I promptly spewed half a gallon of Pink Duck all over her bedsheets.

Good son.

Funny this thread should be here because my and my boyfriend were just scraping ice off the car this morning before I went to work, and this man walked up the street on the other side and projectile vomited everywhere.

I had to stifle laughter.

Poor fella, he must've had a pretty full-on Saturday night!

As for myself, I've never thrown up at a gig (thank god). I did used to be one of those people that couldn't pace themselves with drink though (we're talking when I was like, 17 or something) and ended up being absolutely wankered and vomiting by 11pm.

Oh dear.

Thankfully I grew out of that one.

^ Did you grow out of the 'unpaced' drinking or the spirits altogether ?

I've learned to drink much less....like cut off at maybe 4 or 5 ales and then I don't have to worship at the porcelain alter.

And in the old days when I would puke, I wouldn't want to even smell brewskis for weeks after ! I pity those who feel a hangover is cured with more booze, ala a Bloody Mary of the morning after. Insanity ! :wacko:

Out of not pacing myself, yeah.

I like downing mine pretty quick...I just stop early. I like quick impact, I don't like the long term alcohol buzz.....

When I'd have hangovers, they'd usually last till about 5pm the next day. I wonder how long other's here last ?

I like downing mine pretty quick...I just stop early. I like quick impact, I don't like the long term alcohol buzz.....

When I'd have hangovers, they'd usually last till about 5pm the next day. I wonder how long other's here last ?

I just prefer to be around with my friends for more of the night rather than have to go to bed early because I drunk too much too quick.

If I've got a really bad hangover I'll be being sick 'til about 1pm but even after that I'll still feel groggy for the rest of the day; even when all the main symptoms have long gone. I'm sure you know the feeling.

I was running sound for C&C music factory in a huge club once, and since mixing those types of shows consists of pressing play on a DAT machine and unmuting vocal mics(all the work is during soundcheck) after a few minutes I put one of my gophers behind the board and went upstairs to the piano bar and drank way too many shots of Jack in way too short of a time...an hour later I was passed out in the back of the truck. When the show was about over one of my crew woke me up and I want back inside, head pounding, room spinning, etc...after the show they fired up the dance music on the dj rig and turned on the spinning disco lights and that did it...I was on the stage winding up cables and spewed all over the front of the stage and the poor unfortunates dancing in front of it...I thought that was going to be the worst gig ever but 6 hours later I was mixing mariachi bands in front of a church with the mother of all hangovers

I just prefer to be around with my friends for more of the night rather than have to go to bed early because I drunk too much too quick.

If I've got a really bad hangover I'll be being sick 'til about 1pm but even after that I'll still feel groggy for the rest of the day; even when all the main symptoms have long gone. I'm sure you know the feeling.

I hang out most of the night too....it's just the last half will be me coming OFF my buzz, instead of maintaining it throughout. And yes..I know all too well the 'peanut butter' brain syndrome of the residuals of incapacitating hangovers...

Hangovers....what a TRUE waste of time !

I hang out most of the night too....it's just the last half will be me coming OFF my buzz, instead of maintaining it throughout. And yes..I know all too well the 'peanut butter' brain syndrome of the residuals of incapacitating hangovers...

Hangovers....what a TRUE waste of time !

Well, what they have got going for them is that they're an excuse to do absolutely sod-all for a day.

Which is always good.

:P

*snip*

He wobbles unsteadily from the waist as he tries in vain to loose his hands, panic sets in, his eyes widen as realizes his dilemma. He dry-heaves again and his eyes bug-out in pure terror. He seems to say "Pul-eeease" (a-hah, I know what you're thinkin') George and I look at each other, shrug, it's definitely too late to do anything now. We turn back to Puke-head just in time to see his face disappear behind lunch, dinner and 13 beers.

His initial thrust was so hard that it shot out of the back of the bottom of the helmet, like two chum jets. It was one of the strangest things that I have ever seen. And except for the splat on the floor it was silent.....kinda like it would be in space.

He struggled to get free and we lent a hand. In the end, he was shaken but relatively unscathed. Needless to say, he stunk and nobody at the party wanted to talk to him after that. I'm sure that if we x-rayed his head we would find bile-laden food particles in his cranium. His hair looked a lot like that messed-up-just-got-outta-bed-thing that's so popular today (except with peas in it).

Like the idea of laughing until you cry. Just happened! Priceless.

My story? Not at a gig. Chicklet friends with one self-invited pain in the arse. PITA as I'll call her ended up in the rear passenger side seat. Most interestingly, the front passenger was not feeling too well after over indulging. Very difficult for a driver to pull to an instant stop whilst traveling at 65 miles/hour on a highway...

Did you know that when traveling at speed and you roll down the window to hurl, it will just fly backward into the lap of the rear passenger side occupant? Poetic justice for the PITA.

Of course, the paint on the car took quite a hit.

Oh God !! well I have 2 that spring to mind !!

First was when I was about 17, thought I new it all, but i new F*ck all !! Went to a party, parents out etc, this persons house was a mansion and the bathroom was all Victorian and very quaint !! I had too much to drink with a mixture of hay fever tablets and mixing drinks as you do when your a twat !! I new I was going to puke so like a good citizen I headed for the bathroom. I locked my self in but being really drunk I fell onto the sink, which came away from the wall, water pipes broken and water flowing, I collapsed on the floor, and eventually someone broke the door down when water was flooding into the hallway :blink: !!

My friends decided to take me home on my motorbike, one riding, me in the middle and mate behind me propping me up so I wouldn't fall off ! Got back and staggered over the gate where I fell arse over tip onto the gravel !! :)

Oh happy days ??!! :rolleyes::blink:

Archived