Vomit Stories - we all have 'em

JethroTull

Well, assuming this is about throwing up after paryting too hard as opposed to being sick or eating bad food or whatever, there were a couple of times I had to do the walk of shame...

The first was my 19th birthday. I went to the pub with the idea of getting totally wrecked. This was the first time I went for a drink with virtually no limit of what I spent, as I had started my first full-time job a couple of months before. Unfortunately for me, someone I knew was behind the bar, and he knew I was up for it, so every time I asked for a drink, he would make it a double. Of course, I took that as a challenge, and promptly downed whatever I was given. I remember leaving at the end of the night, staggering out of the pub, with a girl in the group asking me if I was alright. "Yeah, I'm OK, don't worry about it", says I, trying to be all cool and 'I can handle it', before turning away and projectile vomiting into a shop doorway.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

The next morning I had one of those "never again" hangovers, and managed to stick to my word for the 20 odd years. However....

A few years ago, 2000/2001, maybe, I went on my leaving do. I was working in Docklands at the time (that's the other side of the river from the O2), and a couple of teenagers I was working with had told me about a bar where they had just started selling absinthe. This was a drink that had only just been made legal in the UK. They said it was way too strong for them, so although I'm not much of a drinker, I always like to try something new, and stupidly thought it would not be too strong for me. I generally mix my drinks anyway (just get bored drinking the same thing all night), so after a couple of whiskies and barcardis, I tried out the absinthe. It didn't taste all that great, but certainly didn't seem particularly strong, so had another three over the next couple of hours, along with some other spirits. Big mistake! By the end of the night I was chucking up merrily. Jesus, take it from me, there's a reason this stuff was banned for decades!

Oh well, live and learn. I'm now well into middle age, and don't plan on doing that again, but you never know...

[...]

A few years ago, 2000/2001, maybe, I went on my leaving do. I was working in Docklands at the time (that's the other side of the river from the O2), and a couple of teenagers I was working with had told me about a bar where they had just started selling absinthe. This was a drink that had only just been made legal in the UK. They said it was way too strong for them, so although I'm not much of a drinker, I always like to try something new, and stupidly thought it would not be too strong for me. I generally mix my drinks anyway (just get bored drinking the same thing all night), so after a couple of whiskies and barcardis, I tried out the absinthe. It didn't taste all that great, but certainly didn't seem particularly strong, so had another three over the next couple of hours, along with some other spirits. Big mistake! By the end of the night I was chucking up merrily. Jesus, take it from me, there's a reason this stuff was banned for decades!

Oh well, live and learn. I'm now well into middle age, and don't plan on doing that again, but you never know...

Lee, we talked a bit about absinthe here: http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?s...amp;hl=absinthe

I ended up PMing my experiences with it to some curiosity-seekers. You mixed it with whiskies and bacardis!? I can't even imagine what that would have been like. :unsure:

Archived