Is The Love You Take Equal To The Love You Make

kidmoon

23 members have voted

1. 1. Is the love you take equal to the love you make?

• Yes
    • No
    • What the hell are you talking about?

No...I still believe inequalities persist in the love taking and making department.

Some say it should be 50/50. I say it should be 100/100, but that ain't always so..:( There will always be letdowns.

Paul makes this postitive love statement, while John sings "Don't Let Me Down". And then of course Eric Claptons sings, "Why does love have to be so sad" ?

Finally Nazareth and J Geils sing respectively ... Love Hurts and Love Stinks.

So there you have it.

Paul told Chris Farley it was true!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yPsSESvRao

But no, love is not supposed to simply be measured in equal portions. McCartney had it wrong.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yPsSESvRao

But no, love is not supposed to simply be measured in equal portions. McCartney had it wrong.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Even though I could never believe in it except in the loosest sort of way, the Bible is pretty damn good at times.

I do think that "The Love You Take Equal To The Love You Make" is not so much a statement of fact as an instructive, a proposed course of action. It's really nothing but a restatement of the Golden Rule; treat people the way you want to be treated = love the way you want to be loved.

This is interesting ,as there are places where many of the worlds teachings on spirituality & philosophy etc. Do intersect This is basicly One of the clear & simple ones that is profoundly relevent . Jesus also said : a person reaps what they sew. Call it karma by another name etc..... and the list goes on .... I`ve said this elsewhere on the board......It is a universal & scientifc law......cause & effect.....the only thing is we don`t always know( or not aware ,awake) when or how we recieve the return of Justice or jugdement that is to be meted out to us .Many suffer long endureing unjust circumstances...awaiting the balance due. We can not always see the full scope as the scroll of life is continuely being unfolded before us ....I believe living as honest in truth as you can helps keep you clear as does forgiveness,acts of merci & grace. Making efforts at BEing compasionate ,understanding and showing tolerance even when you don`t( Understand or agree).Its all a growing process , yes,truely Love is what is all about. life is expression of all forms of relationship, The Uni -verse Common- union At- one- ment .Some times there are adjustments we need to make to bring things about.....we have to ask what is required of ourself as an individual and do that which we know is right for a healthy out come. So it is usually the healthy and strong one who it seems is bearing the larger burden in some exchanges or situations.No, I don`t believe I have yet recieved all that I`ve given out---I do believe it IS coming to me soon. PEACE

No...I still believe inequalities persist in the love taking and making department.

Some say it should be 50/50. I say it should be 100/100, but that ain't always so.. :( There will always be letdowns.

Paul makes this postitive love statement, while John sings "Don't Let Me Down". And then of course Eric Claptons sings, "Why does love have to be so sad" ?

Finally Nazareth and J Geils sing respectively ... Love Hurts and Love Stinks.

So there you have it.

:hysterical:

Is it true that love means never having to say you're sorry?

Even though I could never believe in it except in the loosest sort of way, the Bible is pretty damn good at times.

I do think that "The Love You Take Equal To The Love You Make" is not so much a statement of fact as an instructive, a proposed course of action. It's really nothing but a restatement of the Golden Rule; treat people the way you want to be treated = love the way you want to be loved.

That's lovely.

How about, "the love you've been giving has all been meant for you..."

Love is real, real is love,

Love is feeling, feeling love,

Love is wanting to be loved.

Love is touch, touch is love,

Love is reaching, reaching love,

Love is asking to be loved.

Love is you,

You and me,

Love is knowing,

We can be.

Love is free, free is love,

Love is living, living love,

Love is needing to be loved.

For my sweetheart. :wub:

In the microcosm (intimate relationship) I think it can be untrue but in the macrocosm (interactions with other people and the world) it is very true.

So my question would be did they specifically mean that statement as in a relationship? Remember the Beatles were very into the peace of the world. So my take on that is that they were referring to the macrocosm.

In the microcosm (intimate relationship) I think it can be untrue but in the macrocosm (interactions with other people and the world) it is very true.

So my question would be did they specifically mean that statement as in a relationship? Remember the Beatles were very into the peace of the world. So my take on that is that they were referring to the macrocosm.

.....................~ONE~..................{there is NO illusion}

Archived