STH in 1983

TypeO

Includes Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck.

Funny how they seem to have to find a place to fit in - Page fills the stage.

It's prolly been posted before, but I enjoyed it.

Random thought - there should be a Youtube /video section (unless I've missed it), or at least a sticky thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93ubRaUm2J0

I've seen a small part of the ARMS concert, and find it painful to watch. Jimmy's quoted as saying:

"Yeah, I saw the Arms footage - that was when I knew my life needed to change."

Thank goodness it did.

Yep, pretty tough to watch. I have a couple complete vids from the ARMS tour. Page, IIRC was just on the brink of cleaning himself up....and as you can clearly see, he needed it in a bad way. Jeff was my personal highlight of this limited "tour"....which was a multiple sclerosis benefit for personal friend and musical collegue Ronnie Lane.....bassist/vocalist extrodinaire from the band The Faces.

Jimmy was in really bad shape and you can see and hear it through his playing and his appearance. Kinda weird to see him so skinny in 1983-4, then to see him fatten up in 1985 at Live Aid.

I can't find the exact quote, but Jimmy supposedly started "The Firm" to dispel rumors that he was just another drug addicted rock star. For someone who's admittedly a pefectionist, watching himself at ARMS must have been a shock and an eyeopener.

Archived